Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " AS 1,000 CARDIFF FANS "

Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:04 am

By members, is that just registered on database, i haven't been a season ticket holder for two years and not a gold card member either. The club should update website, as I'm sure this will be stopping people from buying.

Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:57 am

Just sorted my ticket, looking forward to it :ayatollah:

Hopefully there will be more interest over the next couple of days.

Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:14 am

Wanted to take my wife and daughter on saturday but the ticket office won't let me buy without a membership for my wife. Even though if i risk it and wait till saturday, i could probably buy without any i.d at the madejski!

Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:04 pm

Mr Shed wrote:Wanted to take my wife and daughter on saturday but the ticket office won't let me buy without a membership for my wife. Even though if i risk it and wait till saturday, i could probably buy without any i.d at the madejski!

John, this is where our club lets itself down, they were like that for Boro away in the night,yet when u got up there you just bought them easily at their ticket office.

Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:39 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Mr Shed wrote:Wanted to take my wife and daughter on saturday but the ticket office won't let me buy without a membership for my wife. Even though if i risk it and wait till saturday, i could probably buy without any i.d at the madejski!

John, this is where our club lets itself down, they were like that for Boro away in the night,yet when u got up there you just bought them easily at their ticket office.

It's disappointing more than anything. I have bought a ticket for myself now so I'll be there. Unfortunately my family won't.

The club charge £12.50 per person for membership. (Plus admin/booking fees) .
Reading's own membership scheme which gives you discounted matchday tickets (£3 less per ticket than non members) and access to away tickets cost £2!

Don't get me wrong, i am massively pleased with the huge strides the club has taken over the last few months with regards the interaction with the supporters and also season tickets. But it's policies like this that also need looking at. We want to encourage more supporters home and away so why put unnecessary barriers up like this? Surely 3 days before the match it should be on general sale, or to supporters registered on the database, not just people that pay £10 extra!

There, that's my rant, I'm going to sit down now! :lol: :lol:

Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:12 pm

Mr Shed wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

It's disappointing more than anything. I have bought a ticket for myself now so I'll be there. Unfortunately my family won't.

Reading's own membership scheme which gives you discounted matchday tickets (£3 less per ticket than non members) and access to away tickets cost £2!

Don't get me wrong, i am massively pleased with the huge strides the club has taken over the last few months with regards the interaction with the supporters and also season tickets. But it's policies like this that also need looking at. We want to encourage more supporters home and away so why put unnecessary barriers up like this? Surely 3 days before the match it should be on general sale, or to supporters registered on the database, not just people that pay £10 extra!

Your spot on fella :thumbup: puts a lot of people off bothering having to be a member etc does a lot of needless hassle :bluebird:

Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:27 pm

Mr Shed wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I enjoyed your Rant John and your Spot on :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:40 pm

They're giving tickets away on tickets for troops website in the city end yet if your a cardiff fan you have to be a member

Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:33 pm

It's pay on the day now No membership needed :ayatollah: