Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: MY VIEW TODAY " WE CANT AFFORD TO KEEP DROPPING POINTS "

Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:09 pm

Crowd 17,149
Away Support 1,950 aprox City fans

Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:29 pm

It was a disappointing result and it was the early equaliser in the second half which made it so difficult for us. Slade had to gamble and I fully understand the logic in going for 3 points rather than sticking with 1. Going for the win always puts you in danger to the sucker punch and it happened as it always seems to do with us.

Slade has done a fantastic job this season and his detractors hide away until they get the opportunity to have a pop. We lose one game and out they come ignoring all the good he has done and simply call for another manager and manic spending of money we don't have.

We can wish all we like for Neil Warnock or Tony Pullis for that matter but the reality is they will never manage Cardiff City and surely we have learnt our lesson with regard to reckless spending and the simple fact is £20m to invest in the playing squad just simply doesn't exist.

CCFC have made good honest progression this season and even if we fail to make the play-offs we should be proud of that progress. Slade is a safe pair of hands and we need a manager like that at this point in our comeback from the brutal Premiership relegation and divisive rebrand.

Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:30 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:It was a disappointing result and it was the early equaliser in the second half which made it so difficult for us. Slade had to gamble and I fully understand the logic in going for 3 points rather than sticking with 1. Going for the win always puts you in danger to the sucker punch and it happened as it always seems to do with us.

Slade has done a fantastic job this season and his detractors hide away until they get the opportunity to have a pop. We lose one game and out they come ignoring all the good he has done and simply call for another manager and manic spending of money we don't have.

We can wish all we like for Neil Warnock or Tony Pullis for that matter but the reality is they will never manage Cardiff City and surely we have learnt our lesson with regard to reckless spending and the simple fact is £20m to invest in the playing squad just simply doesn't exist.

CCFC have made good honest progression this season and even if we fail to make the play-offs we should be proud of that progress. Slade is a safe pair of hands and we need a manager like that at this point in our comeback from the brutal Premiership relegation and divisive rebrand.

Fantastic post we have progressed a lot from last season and we will again under Slade. :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:15 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:It was a disappointing result and it was the early equaliser in the second half which made it so difficult for us. Slade had to gamble and I fully understand the logic in going for 3 points rather than sticking with 1. Going for the win always puts you in danger to the sucker punch and it happened as it always seems to do with us.

Agree with that :thumbright:

Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:18 pm

Tony, a Great post and the truth with reality :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:43 pm

I thought Slade did exactly what most of us were thinking at 1:1 to change it.
If we had Ross Mc and Dembelle we would have won the league by now! We lack true quality strikers.
Gutted that we got nothing from today but what support, brilliant. :ayatollah:
I can't believe that Ross did the :ayatollah: when asked to during the game. I wonder if he got into trouble for it?
The Fulham number 28 was class and scored the winner. Wish we had him.

Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:02 pm

Bridgwater Blue wrote:I thought Slade did exactly what most of us were thinking at 1:1 to change it.
If we had Ross Mc and Dembelle we would have won the league by now! We lack true quality strikers.
I can't believe that Ross did the :ayatollah: when asked to during the game. I wonder if he got into trouble for it?

John, If you speculate and get a good striker in to go with the quality we have, I agree we would be top 4 :ayatollah:

Good on Ross :sladein: :bluebird:

Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:11 pm

I'm always the optimist but the we simply have dropped far too many points to the bottom teams!

Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:15 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Bridgwater Blue wrote:I thought Slade did exactly what most of us were thinking at 1:1 to change it.

John, If you speculate and get a good striker in to go with the quality we have, I agree we would be top 4 :ayatollah:

It was followed by a chorus of 'Rossco is a bluebird' hilarious.
Hope you are enjoying the sun. Not sure we will get out there this year (first time in seven) as the wife has talked me into buying a bloody motorhome!!!

Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:21 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

:sladein: Annis you are a believer :lol:

Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:49 pm

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/2016/04/09/ccfc-reality/? :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:50 pm

Dicey wrote:I'm always the optimist but the we simply have dropped far too many points to the bottom teams!

Dicey, We certainly have.

Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:51 pm

Bridgwater Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

It was followed by a chorus of 'Rossco is a bluebird' hilarious.
Hope you are enjoying the sun. Not sure we will get out there this year (first time in seven) as the wife has talked me into buying a bloody motorhome!!!

:lol: :ayatollah:

Enjoy Your motorhome John, bloody expensive.

Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:52 pm

gwentbluebirds wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

:sladein: Annis you are a believer :lol:

:lol:

Thank you

Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:54 pm

Gutted we lost We have had some shit luck with goals conceded in the 90+ minute but can't give it until it's completely over

Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:01 pm

BaltimoreBlues wrote:Gutted we lost We have had some shit luck with goals conceded in the 90+ minute but can't give it until it's completely over

I never give up, but we should not be loosing to sides like Fulham.

Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:21 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
BaltimoreBlues wrote:Gutted we lost We have had some shit luck with goals conceded in the 90+ minute but can't give it until it's completely over

Yeh your right I guess when you look at getting the draw at Burnley we should be following that up by winning against teams like Fulham if we want to get promoted. On to the next game hopefully we can beat QPR and Sheffield lose

Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:58 am

BaltimoreBlues wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Yeh your right I guess when you look at getting the draw at Burnley we should be following that up by winning against teams like Fulham if we want to get promoted. On to the next game hopefully we can beat QPR and Sheffield lose

All the hard work was done at home to teams like Brighton,Derby and away to Burnley.

Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:32 am

Agree we have had some shit luck this season, that penalty against us at Birmingham being a prime example.