Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: MY VIEW/OPINION " APPALLING TODAY & PLEASE NO I DO NOT "

Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:14 pm

Far from the best game this season. But we get 3 points. Deserve it or not. I hope we will make the play offs!

This game was the best for me as it was the first game I took my daughter to. She loved it.

Yes we had to go to pee in the 90th minute, but managed to see the penalty :) Well behaved!

Great time :)

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :D :D :D

Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:16 pm

Forever Blue wrote:My View/Opinion

APPALLING TODAY AND PLEASE NO, I DO NOT WANT RUSEELL SLADE NEXT SEASON/PLEASE NO.

Do we want to progress next season?

City/Slade today could not have asked for any more favours, Bolton even had a man sent off.

My personal opinion, we don't deserve to make the play-offs

A sending off and a Penalty saved City today in the 94th min.

I know I might sound negative,but I followed every second and we were playing the worst team in the Championship.

But I still love them :lol:

CARDIFF CITY 2 BOLTON WANDERERS 1
Crowd 24,189
Away Support 280 Bolton fans

Marshall, Peltier, Morrison, Connolly, Malone, Ralls, O’Keefe, Whittingham, Pilkington, Noone, Zohore

Moore, Turner, Dikgacoi, Harris, Lawrence, Ameobi, Saadi

Can you believe it? City went in to this game still with hope of a play-off place and today City really did have the best ever chance of three easy points against rock bottom Bolton Wanderers who are beaten, week in week out,won only one from their last 16 games and today put out some of their youth players.
City knew they had to win their remaining 3 league games,starting today.

Regaled Bolton scored in the 7th min with a free kick, Marshall just stood still.

City did all the attacking,but lacking upfront.

In the 31st min Yes Bolton had their Captain sent off :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Can you believe we need Bolton to have 10 men to try to beat them.

City now had to face a 10 men Bolton team,they could not ask for any more favours.

City continued to attack Bolton for the rest of the first-half to no avail.

Half-time Cardiff City 0 Bolton Wanderers 1

City started the second half as they finished the first against a 10 man Bolton.

City were having all the possession,but really lacked upfront against an awful Bolton side.

in the 55th min City finally scored Zohore. :ayatollah:

Kadeem Harris replaced Matt Connolly.

City just continually had the ball in Boltons half.

89th min, Marshall had to make a save.

Penalty in the 94th minute by Whittingham 2-1 :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Full- time Cardiff City 2 Bolton Wanderers 1

My Man of the match Peter Whittingham,but no one stood out. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

UP NEXT, SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY NEXT SATURDAY :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I 100% totally agree with everything above. I was so deflated by full time that i even refused to stand and cheer when the penalty was given and then scored. I left the ground today feeling like we had lost. At least Bolton can hold their heads up high.

Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:28 pm

I would rather play like we did today and win than get plaudits for playing superb at home to Hull like we did but lost.

We got 3 points guys, that is what the target was today and we achieved.

Be happy :bluescarf:

Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:29 pm

carlccfc wrote:I would rather play like we did today and win than get plaudits for playing superb at home to Hull like we did but lost.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:34 pm

carlccfc wrote:I would rather play like we did today and win than get plaudits for playing superb at home to Hull like we did but lost.

Well said Carl! :bluescarf:

Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:13 pm

We always seem to struggle against the bottom clubs,but it's top ten teams from now on :thumbup:

Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:16 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:Zohore going off didn't help.

Slade took him off

Because of an injury.

Ryan, Zohore is not injured

I didn't go today so I could only listen to it but they saaid he went off because of his thigh or hamstring?

Ryan, hes not injured

Okay that's good he seemed to have made a difference upfront. :ayatollah:

I was at the game he signalled to the bench tight hamstring 100% may not be injured fully but running more would have probably caused damage

He however should have been replaced by Saadi so we at least had a striker on the pitch

Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:19 pm

Cardiff are not good enough but linger on the edge ?? What does this say about the Championship as a whole ? I have said before this a poor Championship, standards are not good.Cardiff were poor today but how often have we said this under this guy ? Players ultimately have to go out there and do the business so to speak, but really a shot at the Premier? I do not think so.

Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:20 pm

smakerzthebluebird wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Slade took him off

Because of an injury.

I didn't go today so I could only listen to it but they saaid he went off because of his thigh or hamstring?

Ryan, hes not injured

Okay that's good he seemed to have made a difference upfront. :ayatollah:

I was at the game he signalled to the bench tight hamstring 100% may not be injured fully but running more would have probably caused damage

He however should have been replaced by Saadi so we at least had a striker on the pitch

Yeah I think Saadi should've came on for sure.

Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:24 pm

bluebird58 wrote:You miserable bunch of t--ts!

There was plenty of effort out there today, even if there was little skill shown. For some reason or other, Malone was shocking. Ameobi was over ambitious. Pilkington ran around like a headless chicken. Marshall saved us in the end, although I'm not sure whether he should have done more for their goal.

We've played better and lost (Hull and Leeds), just be grateful for what we got and stop moaning. Sheffield Wednesday haven't won in 4 games themselves, including a 0-0 draw with MK Dons in the week. You can bet they were really pissed off when we equalised and they won't fancy it next week.

Never mind how good or bad we are, just enjoy the fact that with 2 games left in the season we still aren't quite out of it! :sladein: :bluescarf:

Yes effort, no problem but no tactics or imagination and I won't apologies for that, SLADE can.

Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:03 pm

What we saw today was our Achilles heel at it's worst, the inability to finish.

The exception was our goal which demonstrated we have a brilliant finisher in the form of Zohore, providing we get the ball to him. Too many times Noone was cutting in on his left foot and the young Bolton full back played a blinder against him. It was telling that we started to get some joy when Harris came on and attacked directly down that flank.

Despite our failings we are still in the mix for another week and should finish 7th this season. It is really hard to judge Slade too harshly because he has got us to within a whisker of the play offs in his full first season despite little or no money to work with.

If he is to go then who is going to come in and do the job? Remember VT has an exit strategy with him righting off £8m every year between now and 2021 and can go leaving us debt free. There will be no further investment by him and any new manager will have to be affordable and work with an extremely restricted budget.

As it stands we have a manager who has proven he can work under such circumstances, all be it with some very frustrating team selections and tactics

Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:11 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Slade took him off

Because of an injury.

Zahore was definitely taken off Sue to injury he pulled up looked like his thigh

Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:12 pm

Agree with we need the 3 points

Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:50 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:What we saw today was our Achilles heel at it's worst, the inability to finish.

The exception was our goal which demonstrated we have a brilliant finisher in the form of Zohore, providing we get the ball to him. Too many times Noone was cutting in on his left foot and the young Bolton full back played a blinder against him. It was telling that we started to get some joy when Harris came on and attacked directly down that flank.

Despite our failings we are still in the mix for another week and should finish 7th this season. It is really hard to judge Slade too harshly because he has got us to within a whisker of the play offs in his full first season despite little or no money to work with.

If he is to go then who is going to come in and do the job? Remember VT has an exit strategy with him righting off £8m every year between now and 2021 and can go leaving us debt free. There will be no further investment by him and any new manager will have to be affordable and work with an extremely restricted budget.

As it stands we have a manager who has proven he can work under such circumstances, all be it with some very frustrating team selections and tactics

'Be careful what you wish for' springs to mind.

Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:13 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Slade took him off

Because of an injury.

Ryan, hes not injured

He was injured he actually asked to come off. He gesticulated to the bench that he needed to be taken off and that's why he was substituted!

Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:48 am

What the f**k is everyone moaning about,we got the 3points happy days :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:46 am

Lanwood wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Slade took him off

Because of an injury.

Ryan, hes not injured

He was injured he actually asked to come off. He gesticulated to the bench that he needed to be taken off and that's why he was substituted!

Yeah I seen that. He pulled up signalled to the bench then led down pilky bent his toes to relief the cramp. But as he stood up he held his thigh and signalled again

Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:58 am

jimmy_rat wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:27 shots!

And yes ?

Even Bristol City put 6 past them.

We played the worst team in the Championship.

That's my point! If we're having 27 shots - I'd expect to convert more than 1 and the pen!!

The truth is,upfront needs sorting ASAP this Summer.

Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:04 am

2blue2handle wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Keeps the pressure on.

In Slade we trust.

Luke your his biggest critic :lol: :lol:

So many people changing their mind on him :lol:

It at least makes Wednesday game interesting if the players can self motivate.

Luke, I was never a Slade fan,but as the season went on he won me over,but then the last 3 weeks,he's made me realise why I wasn't a Slade fan in the first place,I suppose thats football :lol:

Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:05 am

bluebird58 wrote:You miserable bunch of t--ts!

There was plenty of effort out there today, even if there was little skill shown. For some reason or other, Malone was shocking. Ameobi was over ambitious. Pilkington ran around like a headless chicken. Marshall saved us in the end, although I'm not sure whether he should have done more for their goal.

We've played better and lost (Hull and Leeds), just be grateful for what we got and stop moaning. Sheffield Wednesday haven't won in 4 games themselves, including a 0-0 draw with MK Dons in the week. You can bet they were really pissed off when we equalised and they won't fancy it next week.

Never mind how good or bad we are, just enjoy the fact that with 2 games left in the season we still aren't quite out of it! :sladein: :bluescarf:

:lol: :lol:

Its all about opinions and just rem who we were playing.

Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:06 am

Pulisnewport wrote:Pundits even questioning his changes!

If we had a half decent manager we would
have top 6 easy.

However a win next week over Sheff would
mean they have to win at Wolves on last day
never a dull moment with City

Even the ardent Slade fan is as well.

Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:06 am

Some people here need to take a good long look at themselves.

We have no strikers at the club really and are still in with a realistic but difficult chance of making the playoffs.

Wasnt great yesterday but certainly not as bad as some are making out.

Well done slade for bringing harris on the right. He knew their fullback was reading noone too easily and we needed to create extra options down that flank. And thats exactly where the penalty came from. Masterstroke from the manager

Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:07 am

1922 wrote:Far from the best game this season. But we get 3 points. Deserve it or not. I hope we will make the play offs!

This game was the best for me as it was the first game I took my daughter to. She loved it.

Yes we had to go to pee in the 90th minute, but managed to see the penalty :) Well behaved!

Great time :)

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :D :D :D

Bart,Glad she had an enjoyable day and a win :ayatollah:

3pts is what matters at the end of the day,but boy Slade makes it so hard work against the worst team in the League.

Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:09 am

Forever Blue wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:27 shots!

And yes ?

Even Bristol City put 6 past them.

We played the worst team in the Championship.

That's my point! If we're having 27 shots - I'd expect to convert more than 1 and the pen!!

The truth is,upfront needs sorting ASAP this Summer.

Definitely, I am no Zohore fan . But yesterday he looked decent for the first time imo. But unsure if I would make him permanent atm. We 100% need a 15 -20 goal scorer. ..... I thought alf may have been the answer. Who knows maybe he can play off immers or Zohore? ? Andre Grey or MCcormack would be good :lol:

Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:23 am

BlueVanman wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:My View/Opinion

APPALLING TODAY AND PLEASE NO, I DO NOT WANT RUSEELL SLADE NEXT SEASON/PLEASE NO.

Do we want to progress next season?

City/Slade today could not have asked for any more favours, Bolton even had a man sent off.

My personal opinion, we don't deserve to make the play-offs

A sending off and a Penalty saved City today in the 94th min.

I know I might sound negative,but I followed every second and we were playing the worst team in the Championship.

But I still love them :lol:

CARDIFF CITY 2 BOLTON WANDERERS 1
Crowd 24,189
Away Support 280 Bolton fans

Marshall, Peltier, Morrison, Connolly, Malone, Ralls, O’Keefe, Whittingham, Pilkington, Noone, Zohore

Moore, Turner, Dikgacoi, Harris, Lawrence, Ameobi, Saadi

Can you believe it? City went in to this game still with hope of a play-off place and today City really did have the best ever chance of three easy points against rock bottom Bolton Wanderers who are beaten, week in week out,won only one from their last 16 games and today put out some of their youth players.
City knew they had to win their remaining 3 league games,starting today.

Regaled Bolton scored in the 7th min with a free kick, Marshall just stood still.

City did all the attacking,but lacking upfront.

In the 31st min Yes Bolton had their Captain sent off :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Can you believe we need Bolton to have 10 men to try to beat them.

City now had to face a 10 men Bolton team,they could not ask for any more favours.

City continued to attack Bolton for the rest of the first-half to no avail.

Half-time Cardiff City 0 Bolton Wanderers 1

City started the second half as they finished the first against a 10 man Bolton.

City were having all the possession,but really lacked upfront against an awful Bolton side.

in the 55th min City finally scored Zohore. :ayatollah:

Kadeem Harris replaced Matt Connolly.

City just continually had the ball in Boltons half.

89th min, Marshall had to make a save.

Penalty in the 94th minute by Whittingham 2-1 :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Full- time Cardiff City 2 Bolton Wanderers 1

My Man of the match Peter Whittingham,but no one stood out. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

UP NEXT, SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY NEXT SATURDAY :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I 100% totally agree with everything above. I was so deflated by full time that i even refused to stand and cheer when the penalty was given and then scored. I left the ground today feeling like we had lost. At least Bolton can hold their heads up high.

Slade certainly knows how to make our fans suffer for the 3pts against the worst team in the Championship, but hopefully City can now just go for it at Sheff Wed :bluebird:

Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:30 am

paulh_85 wrote:Some people here need to take a good long look at themselves.

We have no strikers at the club really and are still in with a realistic but difficult chance of making the playoffs.

Wasnt great yesterday but certainly not as bad as some are making out.

Well done slade for bringing harris on the right. He knew their fullback was reading noone too easily and we needed to create extra options down that flank. And thats exactly where the penalty came from. Masterstroke from the manager

Well technically we do have strikers but I get the meaning of your point. I have to agreed with you I didn't think we were as bad as most spectators are making out, there was plenty of endeavour and certainly players like Whittingham, Noone, Zohore and O'Keefe were busting a gut. It was our classic inability to make more of our chances in the final third which let us down as well as giving away a stupid free kick which resulted in their goal.

In the week I posted that 'Fortune Favours the Bold' and Slade seemed to do just that by employing the bold move of bringing Harris on for a defender and was rewarded with fortune in the form of a last minute penalty.

Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:45 am

Forever Blue wrote:Slade certainly knows how to make our fans suffer for the 3pts against the worst team in the Championship, but hopefully City can now just go for it at Sheff Wed :bluebird:

Annis is a perfect world Slade would probably be on his way this summer. Most of your misgivings about him have justification and frankly there are times when he has driven me up the wall.

However, we don't live in a perfect world and like Bolton we are going through a period of transition. We simply can’t afford a Nigel Pearson/Neil Warnock, not that they would come here anyway.

Like it or not we have to work with what we have got. In his favour RS has got us to 7th in the Championship at the very least. We may have a talented squad, but more talented squads are far lower than us in the Championship so Slade's safe hands brand still has some credence.

There is no more money cow in the form of Vincent Tan and he has an exit strategy which means we are on a shoe string for the next 5 years. We have to swallow the Slade pill, put up with his shortcomings and hope that with us the fans getting behind him we can some how pull off miracle.

Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:20 am

Yesterday was like many others I have watched over the years and overall I thought we were much better than appalling and on another day we could, and would, have scored 2 or 3 more goals and won comfortably. I know we need to thank Marshall for saving us from defeat by making 3 really important saves when Bolton caught us on the break late in the game, but as teams push forward there is always a risk of being caught with a sucker punch.

We should remember that 7 days earlier Middlesbrough took until the 92nd minute to beat Bolton so although they are relegated those Bolton players are still putting everything into each match and yesterday it looked like they would get a block on each and every effort we made on target. I disagree that we were saved by a penalty because our players, through constant pressure, earned it and I never doubted that Whitts would score and give us the win our performance deserved.

For me these last 7 days have sort of epitomised RS tenure at our club with a win, a draw and a loss and in those games periods of lethargic boring dross to high intensity play. In short you never know what you are going to get on any given day, but, beat Birmingham and we will reach 70 points and finish in 7th place which will be way ahead of anything I thought we would achieve.

Next week is a huge game, for both clubs, and after 52 years of watching the Bluebirds I think we will either win 2 or 3 nil of get battered 5 nil. Whatever the result RS has, in my opinion, shown he can operate at this level and deserves a new contract.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:34 am

castleblue wrote:Yesterday was like many others I have watched over the years and overall I thought we were much better than appalling and on another day we could, and would, have scored 2 or 3 more goals and won comfortably. I know we need to thank Marshall for saving us from defeat by making 3 really important saves when Bolton caught us on the break late in the game, but as teams push forward there is always a risk of being caught with a sucker punch.

We should remember that 7 days earlier Middlesbrough took until the 92nd minute to beat Bolton so although they are relegated those Bolton players are still putting everything into each match and yesterday it looked like they would get a block on each and every effort we made on target. I disagree that we were saved by a penalty because our players, through constant pressure, earned it and I never doubted that Whitts would score and give us the win our performance deserved.

For me these last 7 days have sort of epitomised RS tenure at our club with a win, a draw and a loss and in those games periods of lethargic boring dross to high intensity play. In short you never know what you are going to get on any given day, but, beat Birmingham and we will reach 70 points and finish in 7th place which will be way ahead of anything I thought we would achieve.

Next week is a huge game, for both clubs, and after 52 years of watching the Bluebirds I think we will either win 2 or 3 nil of get battered 5 nil. Whatever the result RS has, in my opinion, shown he can operate at this level and deserves a new contract.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

I wished I'd post that :bluescarf: :sladein: :D

Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:42 am

Although we played badly against a poor team I was glad Zohore was given a chance and looked exactly what we need. Also, Harris came on and showed that he should be a regular on the bench for starters. Also, for once we changed tactics half time and Whitts in centre midfield with lots of time and space made all the difference. We're going to have to play a hell of a lot better to get anything at Wednesday.