Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' CARDIFF CITY'S NEW MANAGER ANNOUNCED '

Wed May 18, 2016 10:12 am

Totally uninspiring appiontment , we all have to get behind him now though. 2 or 3 losses and the knives will be out. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Wed May 18, 2016 10:12 am

darran1927 wrote:
Mr Moo Cow wrote:He's going away with Wales and then on holiday - Wont see him until August anyway

I wonder if Slade will take control whilst he's away :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Joking aside , I hope he's not keeping his role with Wasles we need a manager fully focused on th Cardiff job , he needs to be in charge of sighnings , pre season training etc not away with Wales.
Will give him a chance but my gut feeling tells me this is the wrong appointment

Trollope is set to continue his role as Wales ‘number two’ for the upcoming European Championships in France next month, having taken up the role in July 2015.

Wed May 18, 2016 10:13 am

THE FLY ON THE WALL
SO THIS IS HOW THE INTERVIEWS WENT, SO MY WIFE SAYS WHO DOESNT FOLLOW OR LIKE FOOTBALL READY

RIGHT GOOD MORNING IS THE SKY BLUE ? YES
IS A ZEBRA BLACK AND WHITE YES
IS THE SUN YELLOW YES
DO YOU LOVE CHOW MEIN YES
IS DAVID CAMERON A PLONKER YES
DO YOU LIKE WELSH CAKES ? YES
ARE YOU OK PLAYING WITHOUT STRIKERS, AND ONLY SCORING DURING T HE WARMUP uuhh uuumm yes of course

Would you like the job, on minimum wage £8 50 AN HOUR, only paid on matchdays well yes that's fair

THE TRANSFER BUDGET AVAILABLE IS 40.000 UGANDAN SHILLINGS ( £2 -50 )

Right then which one of you out of Warnock, Clement Bellamy and Trollope ANSWERED yes to ALL THE QUESTIONS

MR TROLLOPE which one is that please stand up the job is yours, stop bowing and keep saying YES :digging2:

Wed May 18, 2016 10:13 am

Good luck Paul Trollope.

Some very shameful comments on here already.

Hope he proves you all wrong.

Wed May 18, 2016 10:14 am

Yes but trollope was here last season we were way off making playoffs with out performances or if we got there we where never good enough to win. Whats going to change from last year?? Hes been proven a shit manager to. And the club want a top 6 finish ahahahah This club is fucked you may aswell sack him now what a joke

Wed May 18, 2016 10:15 am

Just confirms that money is more important than ambition. On last seasons season ticket renewal letter the club highlighted their ambition to get back to the Premier League under the guidance of Russell Slade and spent no money. The club now have the identical management team of Slade/ Trollope to start the new campaign.

The appointment is certainly not going to get the fans through the gates. There is little doubt that Trollope would have had input into team tactics/selections etc so basically nothing has changed. The club need to hope that the team pick up a few early wins or it could be a long hard season.

Wed May 18, 2016 10:16 am

Not my first pick but I'll back him all the same until he gives a reason otherwise.

Wed May 18, 2016 10:16 am

Classic Cardiff City,one step forward in removing Slade two steps backward in putting Trollope in charge probably with Young as his number two.....you couldn't make it up

Wed May 18, 2016 10:17 am

Best wishes to him

Hope he gets a great start and can bring in a few really good players.

However in the back of my mind he will be under extreme pressure from the off and if we don't get decent players in and are not around the top 6 at Christmas he will really be under it.

All I don't want is another wasted season, how can you expect people to pay there hard earned money when you are only playing at it!!!!!!!!

Only then to be back where we are now.

He needs a few really good signings and quick to satisfy the supporters
Last edited by Pulisnewport on Wed May 18, 2016 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed May 18, 2016 10:18 am

BlakeCCFC wrote:Not who most people wanted, but lets all get behind him and give him a chance

Here
Here

Im not sure who the jokers are - our club or our fans

f*cking ashamed
:bluescarf:

Welcome to the mad house
see you in Bordeaux Paul!!!

Wed May 18, 2016 10:20 am

TBlue wrote:Imagine if not one our fans have ever made mistakes in our jobs. So what if he failed in his last management job which was six years ago. He made mistakes and could have just left football altogether but no he dusted himself down and got back into coaching. First team coach that got into the premier league and under Chris Hughton does that mean we wouldn't want Chris Hughton as manager because Paul Trollope has worked with him and they failed in the premier league? He was manager at Bristol Rovers mind, a team that was in decline anyway financially and had to sell their best players without replacing them. If he hasn't learnt from his mistakes then he's a foolish man but he couldn't ask for a better footing with knowing the players, doesn't really need to gel them together because he done that when came here. Let's give him a chance, let's get behind the team and stop being so bloody negative. The amount of managers that have failed in other jobs and then gone on to be successful in others is ridiculous.

Did you write Bristol Rovers were in decline, well since Trollope left there in the play off final,strange that don't you think

Wed May 18, 2016 10:21 am

Not who I would pick but he deserves a chance , I just hope he gives youth a chance

Wed May 18, 2016 10:25 am

Might as well kept Slade in charge! The clubs lacking ambition !!

Wed May 18, 2016 10:29 am

angelis1949 wrote:
TBlue wrote:Imagine if not one our fans have ever made mistakes in our jobs. So what if he failed in his last management job which was six years ago. He made mistakes and could have just left football altogether but no he dusted himself down and got back into coaching. First team coach that got into the premier league and under Chris Hughton does that mean we wouldn't want Chris Hughton as manager because Paul Trollope has worked with him and they failed in the premier league? He was manager at Bristol Rovers mind, a team that was in decline anyway financially and had to sell their best players without replacing them. If he hasn't learnt from his mistakes then he's a foolish man but he couldn't ask for a better footing with knowing the players, doesn't really need to gel them together because he done that when came here. Let's give him a chance, let's get behind the team and stop being so bloody negative. The amount of managers that have failed in other jobs and then gone on to be successful in others is ridiculous.

Did you write Bristol Rovers were in decline, well since Trollope left there in the play off final,strange that don't you think

So they haven't had a takeover since then have they? They were dreadful this season until the takeover and changed the mentality.

Wed May 18, 2016 10:29 am

angelis1949 wrote:

My apologies got Bristol Rovers mixed up with Plymouth

Wed May 18, 2016 10:30 am

Ibby wrote:Might as well kept Slade in charge! The clubs lacking ambition !!

Spot on.

Wed May 18, 2016 10:35 am

Gutted. Say want you like. He was a coach last season and achieved nothing in the weakest Championship to date!!!
Where do you see us finishing next season?

Club have got it wrong AGAIN.

Season tickets have now been suspended because we have to give away free tickets to boast attendance figures so they don't hit an all time low

Wed May 18, 2016 10:41 am

I'm actually quite happy about this. If it's true that Tan wants the new manager to bring in Welsh players then Trollope is a good fit as he's been involved in the setup. Hopefully the football will get better as well, we'll have to hope it does. Unit anything goes wrong then he gets my support. Good luck Trollope

Wed May 18, 2016 10:43 am

riley1951 wrote:THE FLY ON THE WALL
SO THIS IS HOW THE INTERVIEWS WENT, SO MY WIFE SAYS WHO DOESNT FOLLOW OR LIKE FOOTBALL READY

RIGHT GOOD MORNING IS THE SKY BLUE ? YES
IS A ZEBRA BLACK AND WHITE YES
IS THE SUN YELLOW YES
DO YOU LOVE CHOW MEIN YES
IS DAVID CAMERON A PLONKER YES
DO YOU LIKE WELSH CAKES ? YES
ARE YOU OK PLAYING WITHOUT STRIKERS, AND ONLY SCORING DURING T HE WARMUP uuhh uuumm yes of course

Would you like the job, on minimum wage £8 50 AN HOUR, only paid on matchdays well yes that's fair

THE TRANSFER BUDGET AVAILABLE IS 40.000 UGANDAN SHILLINGS ( £2 -50 )

Right then which one of you out of Warnock, Clement Bellamy and Trollope ANSWERED yes to ALL THE QUESTIONS

MR TROLLOPE which one is that please stand up the job is yours, stop bowing and keep saying YES :digging2:

:lol: :lol: Superb post unfortunately its probably true!!

Wed May 18, 2016 10:43 am

Fusilier23 wrote:Give the guy a chance before condemning his appointment. Who did you really think we were going to get?

I bet he knows more about football than any of us on this forum so let us see what happens before slagging him off :bluescarf:

Your right, "who did we think we were going to get"
We are a small championship side, playing in front of maybe 10,000 to 12,000 fans, with a fruit loop as an owner.
Your right who would really want this kind of job at a basket case of a club.
Where as down the road etc etc etc :bluebird:

Wed May 18, 2016 10:44 am

Cardiff City: Paul Trollope to succeed Russell Slade as first-team boss

BBC

By Rob Phillips, BBC Wales football correspondent

17/05/16

Paul Trollope joined Russell Slade's coaching team in February 2015.

Head coach Paul Trollope is set to be confirmed as Russell Slade's successor as Cardiff City first-team boss.

Former Wales midfielder Trollope, 43, had been part of Slade's coaching team since February 2015.

Slade was removed as manager of the Championship club at the end of the season and has taken up a new role as head of football, in which he will oversee scouting, among other duties.

Trollope, in his new role, will not report to predecessor Slade.

The club will confirm Trollope's appointment at midday on Wednesday.

Trollope, who spent five years as manager of Bristol Rovers, is also a member of Chris Coleman's Wales coaching team.

It is expected he will continue in his role at this summer's European Championship finals in France.

Trollope's appointment suggests the club want continuity, but he will have to stamp his own authority on matters to avoid the decision being seen as a continuation of the Russell Slade regime.

He has an excellent reputation as a coach and Cardiff improved following his arrival.

Now he will have to hit the ground running next season to placate any doubts and to achieve the Championship play-off target Slade failed to meet this season.
The ex-Derby County and Fulham player was first-team coach at Birmingham and Norwich before joining Cardiff midway through the 2014-15 season.

Slade had been in charge at Cardiff City Stadium since October 2014, leaving Leyton Orient to succeed Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

The 55-year-old was moved to his new role after Cardiff won only one of their final seven games to miss out on the Championship play-offs.

He was in charge for the final time when Cardiff drew 1-1 with Birmingham on the final day of the season, a result that saw the Bluebirds finish eighth in the table.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' CARDIFF CITY'S NEW MANAGER ANNOUNCED & CONFIRMED '

Wed May 18, 2016 10:47 am

:ayatollah: ' UPDATED ' :ayatollah:

Cardiff City FC
We are pleased to announce the appointment of Paul Trollope as Head Coach to oversee all first-team affairs.

Wed May 18, 2016 10:58 am

[quote="Forever Blue"]:ayatollah: ' UPDATED ' :ayatollah:

Cardiff City FC
We are pleased to announce the appointment of Paul Trollope as Head Coach to oversee all first-team affairs.[/quote

Good luck to the guy really hope he does well

However, the club has shot itself in the foot by taking 2 weeks to appoint him...it's pretty obvious from everything that has happened he was always going to get the job

Why or why did Choo have to come out with his we are going to look for and interview for a young up and coming forward thinking head coach when he knew all along it was going to be Trollope...why does the club keep treating the fans like muppets ????

Wed May 18, 2016 11:01 am

Is this the appointment most fans would have chosen? No

Will most consider this underwhelming and a step sideways? Yes

However, while I feel the same there are some positives.

Our playing style and results improved dramatically when Trollope came in.

Trollope will be in a good position to bring through Welsh talent.

We have a Welshman at the helm.

It's not the best appointment I hoped for but could have been worse. We could have had Scott Young!!!!

Wed May 18, 2016 11:12 am

Jimbo27 wrote:Is this the appointment most fans would have chosen? No

Will most consider this underwhelming and a step sideways? Yes

However, while I feel the same there are some positives.

Our playing style and results improved dramatically when Trollope came in.

Trollope will be in a good position to bring through Welsh talent.

We have a Welshman at the helm.

It's not the best appointment I hoped for but could have been worse. We could have had Scott Young!!!!

He is from Swindon, like his old man.

Wed May 18, 2016 11:14 am

Forever Blue wrote:An under-whelming appointment and CCFC have gone for low budget option again. Tan will be able to totally control him as well.
But I always back any new manager so lets give him a chance and get behind him from today :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluebird:

I Support Cardiff City No matter who the manager is and thats how I always will be :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluescarf:

100% agree Annis. Let's get behind him and give him support and let's see where it takes us. Before we start with the witch hunt

Wed May 18, 2016 11:20 am

neilst wrote:Yes but trollope was here last season we were way off making playoffs with out performances or if we got there we where never good enough to win. Whats going to change from last year?? Hes been proven a shit manager to. And the club want a top 6 finish ahahahah This club is fucked you may aswell sack him now what a joke

Failed 6years ago as a manager quite recent then,? :thumbup:

Wed May 18, 2016 11:38 am

Trollope joined us in March 2015.

We are still as inconsistent as ever!

We finished the 2015/16 season with just 6 more points than the previous year in a much weaker division! It was hardly progression and improvement with Trollope Coming in! We have been humiliated by poor teams again this season including getting dumped out the cup at an early stage!

They only game I recall actually seeing us play outstanding was the Brighton game! Possibly Derby home too! Majority of games have seen us play the same way as always!

Club have made a big mistake here again and had a real opportunity to progress, get bums on seats and renewed optimism amongst fans!

Wed May 18, 2016 11:50 am

Everyone has their own opinions on who should have been appointed,Trollope was not my choice but now he is our head coach he gets 100% support from me :ayatollah:
One good thing about some negative comments on here is the low expectations for the coming season,so at least proof the doubters wrong and then we will be all pulling in the right direction :thumbup:
Good Luck Paul with Wales and CCFC.

Wed May 18, 2016 12:05 pm

darran1927 wrote:Not who I would pick but he deserves a chance , I just hope he gives youth a chance

He wasn't my first choice either but the decision has been made and surely we want him to succeed?

I hope we become the majority and give PT a chance.