Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' Russell Slade Finally Leaving Cardiff City Because '

Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:59 am

DAILY MAIL

Russell Slade has left his position as Cardiff City's head of football with immediate effect after less than a month in the role.

The 55-year-old was removed as manager in May to take the new position in a backroom re-shuffle at the Cardiff City Stadium, which was followed by the appointment of Paul Trollope as the club's new head coach.

Slade joined the Bluebirds as manager in October 2014 when he replaced Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, moving from League One Leyton Orient.

Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:44 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:I think the experience he has had here will put him in good stead for getting a club promoted from League 1 hopefully. :ayatollah:

Had to laugh at that :lol: :lol: :lol:

With him now been managing at a higher level it could help him finally succeed in getting a team from league 1.

Maybe he should start with Sunday League football then to try and get his first ever promotion or any silverware. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:26 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:I think the experience he has had here will put him in good stead for getting a club promoted from League 1 hopefully. :ayatollah:

With him now been managing at a higher level it could help him finally succeed in getting a team from league 1.

Maybe he should start with Sunday League football then to try and get his first ever promotion or any silverware. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think he would achieve something if he went to manage in Scotland.

Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:52 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
SwampCCFC wrote:he's clearly got a job lined up, doesnt take a genius to know that. but its a very strange move and makes the board look stupid, especially as you now have ken choo coming out and saying "that it is necessary to have a change". a bit of honesty wouldn't go amiss, instead of the usual corporate claptrap.

I don't think it's a strange move at all, in fact I think it was always on the cards.
He's decided to move from a nothing, made up job to manager of a relatively big club. Simple and the right decision.

you misread.

its a strange move by the club to allow him to leave 28 days after changing the structure of the club to accommodate him in this role.

Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:24 pm

SwampCCFC wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Good riddance, let's hope he takes his signings with him.

dear me, some people are beyond reason. you keep thinking that :thumbright:

Keep thinking what?

He failed end of.

Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:36 am

2blue2handle wrote:
SwampCCFC wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Good riddance, let's hope he takes his signings with him.

dear me, some people are beyond reason. you keep thinking that :thumbright:

Keep thinking what?

He failed end of.

Exactly.
Bit sick of hearing what a nice guy he was & what he had to put up with blah, blah, blah.
Negative, boring, useless and he failed hence he's gone.

Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:47 am

Rydogsccfc wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

I think he would achieve something if he went to manage in Scotland.

Would have to be Scottish Park football though !! And that would be there first division :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:04 am

I bet he's glad to get away from the circus act in truth :lol:

Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:10 am

Bluebird1977 wrote:I bet he's glad to get away from the circus act in truth :lol:

:lol:
Ian, I bet he is and who would blame him.

Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:14 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Bluebird1977 wrote:I bet he's glad to get away from the circus act in truth :lol:

:lol:
Ian, I bet he is and who would blame him.

Charlton are in a much much worse state at the moment.