Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " SO WHAT IS THE PROBLEM? "

Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:30 pm

MalagaCF wrote:Tan has destroyed our club.
Modern stadiums spoil it for me
No terracing
Amazing time watching Cardiff in 80s, 90s

Haha modern stadium ,nothing to do with tan
No terracing ,nothing to do with tan
80s. And 90s ,nothing to do with tan
But it's all tans fault

Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:48 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:
MalagaCF wrote:Tan has destroyed our club.
Modern stadiums spoil it for me
No terracing
Amazing time watching Cardiff in 80s, 90s

Haha modern stadium ,nothing to do with tan
No terracing ,nothing to do with tan
80s. And 90s ,nothing to do with tan
But it's all tans fault

And fans fault for not turning up to support the team!!! :old:

Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:51 pm

I know my mates -city fans who have switched to following Wales instead.

Both been going for over 15 years.

All that's been mentioned in this thread applies to us, but some keep soldiering on and most don't

The worm dragon is a kick in the teeth but I was a 'blue in division 2' fan. Looking forward to the new season.

They still make my happy, when skies are grey (but not as often as they used to!!!!)
:bluebird: :D

Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:56 pm

14~15K "core" championship fans, another 10K when we are doing well then another 10K day trippers....

Queue the excuse brigade

Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:59 pm

Too many in the so called know spouting rubbish over the years hasn't helped.alongside the red fiasco, think both elements hurt the club.
Thankfully, not so much info being leaked from club.
Think this will be a good season.

Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:26 pm

Forever Blue wrote:" SO WHAT IS THE PROBLEM ? "

Cardiff City Fans I keep reading in here how everything now is running all smoothly, everyone is happy and we are now moving forward etc etc

My question is if everything is ok???

Why are our crowds,every season getting lower and now the lowest for years and season ticket sales the lowest for 10 plus years, yet the costs are the lowest for years and next season the oppositions are some of the best?

Even our away Support is at its lowest of all time, 18th out of 22 clubs last season, yet many other Championship clubs away support as increased or stayed the same.

And Cardiff City are shocked by how low the season ticket sales are at £49 :thumbright: :thumbright: for an under 16 etc etc

Plus Under 21's and Students £99 :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Sadly everything I have stated above are all facts.

Back to the eternal old chestnut!

Its simple, until the team deliver success on a regular basis, then our fickle support will not turn up, I avoided the term 'return'
'because, quite simply we have never had enough seasons of continuous high attendances , to actually suggest that they have stopped supporting the the club.

Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:04 pm

We don't have very good support that's all, a good core and then the others return when things are going well.

I'm happy the club are making cut backs though and not spending money we don't have as at least that core of fans still have a team to support.

Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:05 pm

Cardiff City Fans I keep reading in here how everything now is running all smoothly, everyone is happy and we are now moving forward etc etc

Why are our crowds,every season getting lower and now the lowest for years and season ticket sales the lowest for 10 plus years, yet the costs are the lowest for years and next season the oppositions are some of the best?

Even our away Support is at its lowest of all time, 18th out of 22 clubs last season, yet many other Championship clubs away support as increased or stayed the same.

And Cardiff City are shocked by how low the season ticket sales are at £49 :thumbright: :thumbright: for an under 16 etc etc

Yes all facts except students are miniscule as a fan base most away in uni! and kids basically can only go with adults so can't count them individually ! so the adults are the problem sort that and kids will come as well! !

Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:20 pm

castleblue wrote:

Good question to debate here Annis and firstly I would argue that everything is far from running smoothly at the club. With just less than 24 hours before the season kicks off we ALL know that the club still needs to off load players, Macheda, Le Fondre and Dikagchoi to mention a few, just to get the books closer to balancing. Even yesterday Ken Choo is on record as saying it's unlikely we will see any more signings before players are moved on and it may be the week before the window closes before any real activity takes place. With no "Emergency" loan windows this season whatever squad we have in place at the start of September will have to see us through the season. Despite this Ken Choo says that promotion remains the target, REALLY, I believe for most fans until the deadbeat players are offloaded and we have a settled squad this is another season of consolidation, AT BEST.

In respect of attendances you can understand the club being worried, in particular with Home attendances, and there are probably any number of reasons behind the drop off in numbers, but, last season, on average, we were only 400 and 700 behind Burnley and Hull and they both got promoted. On that basis is the 15463 average Home crowd that bad? In my opinion these days it's the PL or nothing for lot's of clubs supporters and if we were about the start the new season in the PL we would be looking at a 30,000 average.

As regards away support the average attendance at our away matches in the last 6 seasons has hardly been inspiring and in fact on 2 occasions, in seasons 14/15 & 11/12, we were actually the lowest watched club in the division over the 23 away league matches. In season 11/12 we actually reached the playoffs but were still finished bottom of the league table for average away attendances. Our highest place was in fact last season when we finished 17th.

I know it's just statistics and you can read them in any number of ways but how many fans would believe that, on average, more people watched our away games last season than when we won the League.

In my opinion many things are better with our club since we sacked OGS and on the eve of the new season "Hope Springs Eternal" in my heart that we will have a good season. I really hope that Paul Trollope makes of good fist of his new job and we start rebuilding after 3 seasons of decline.

Only then in my opinion will we see attendances improve.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Great post.Unfortunately it's far too positive! How dare you be so sensible!

Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:50 pm

I was shocked to read on here that we have only sold 500 tickets for Bristol Rovers.

This is a local derby, just over an hour away, it is the six weeks holidays, people can go from work and you can be home before midnight. It's also a ground that we have not visited for 17 years so new for a lot of out fans.

Its £10 for an adults, £1 for a kid, £5 for a senior citizen with zero restrictions.

Regardless of whether it is a cup tie or on sky we should surely to god have been selling that away terrace that houses a mere 1,100.

We (well some) always state as an excuse when we see others taking large followings that they are close and these clubs have games on their doorsteps.

Well here is one on our doorstep and we have sold less than half the tickets with less than a week to go.

If ever you wanted an example of how decimated our away support has become, then here it is.

Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:28 am

Most of us (in our 30s, 40s and 50s on here would have started going away in little groups or mobs when we we 16 or 17.
All though our teens and twenties, representing our beloved CCFC.
A huge buzz.

If you take a look around you will see that man in their late teens and twenties are struggling for cash on zero hours contracts or generally pay that is difficult to spread around after bills etc.

The number of Cardiff in France should huge numbers but a lots of these are now skint. Football is expensive. And Nash has killed the craic.

We also need a place for these young noisy fans to have a craic. And end or section. The canton has failed in doing this and our stadium atmosphere suffers as a result.

I for one would jump in and join them (like a dad dancing at a wedding!)

I'm not saying that's the answer but it is a big factor.

Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:38 pm

Unless your a mega club or in the top divison, you need decent footy to get people in and a chance of success. If we do well the numbers will rise, most fans are fickle and it doesnt help having Swansea close who are in the Prem.

I know people who rather go to a couple of Swans games them Cardiff cause of who they play

Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:22 am

2 years of Milky and the Nordic knob have finally caught up with the Club..Spending over the last two years is reflective of the desperate pillaging of these two idiots who thought it was for the benefit of the club to spend way beyond its means. Fans are there.But It will take a very long time to clear the reality of a massive hangover that is causing many to stay away. I wont be able to go to all home matches this year, though still thought it necessary to renew. For me, it is the Cardiff team on the pitch, no matter who they are.

Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:56 am

CitySteve wrote:2 years of Milky and the Nordic knob have finally caught up with the Club..Spending over the last two years is reflective of the desperate pillaging of these two idiots who thought it was for the benefit of the club to spend way beyond its means. Fans are there.But It will take a very long time to clear the reality of a massive hangover that is causing many to stay away. I wont be able to go to all home matches this year, though still thought it necessary to renew. For me, it is the Cardiff team on the pitch, no matter who they are.

Agree milky and one fucked us up but seems like we are steadily getting back to normal