Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: MY VIEW SHOCK TONIGHT/CARDIFF NEED A STRIKER ASAP

Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:38 pm

valleyrambill wrote:Loaning Siade out is crazy he has pace that zohore and Fred haven't , the service was not good but how many times did Ralls have the ball and no one made runs for him even the commentator said a few times.

We are in trouble that was far worse than last year and LeFondre would have done any different this reminded me of the shrewsbury games last season. Poor Moore getting the blame is wrong as he kept us in the game before that with a cracking save but his players let him down there is no way Moore can take the blame for tonight

Good point about the lack of runs in behind the defence.Saadi would have been looking for that type of ball.

Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:39 pm

struggled all over the pitch, terrible performance :roll:

Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:08 pm

Very difficult to be positive after a performance like that. We offered very little going forward, despite all our possession.

A striker is needed or we will struggle. I predicted mid-table pre-season but it could be a whole lot tougher than that.

Will be there on Sunday, and will be interested to see if we can show any improvement. If not, then things really will look bad.

Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:27 pm

Wrap Whitts and Lex in cotton wool!

Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:11 am

It's like I woke up on Christmas morning and my stocking was full of my Aunt Mable's toenails.

I can't see this getting any better. Where are we going? It's not as if the squad is completely new.

Shocking.

Anyone who has read my after match stuff will realise I'm normally as positive as possible. And I am!!!

Wake up.

Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:27 am

We wouldn't of scored if we were still there now. Desperately need a goalscorer urgent or we could actually be in a relegation fight. Surely le fondre and macheda got to be given a chance if still here as zohore and fred look lge 1 at best

Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:31 am

I've seen under 8s move the ball quicker. The tickets were cheap but I still feel ripped off after that performance and that includes my boys £1 ticket

Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:40 am

Possession was the only positive from the game.
We can't keep blaming strikers when there not receiving any service

Noone has become way to predictable
Ralls showed some class but kept being stuck in a brick wall when other players were just watching him

The direction of the game was shocking but hey let's go over the field and pass the ball for 2 hours

Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:58 am

The service was poor and its difficult to know how good or bad the strikers were without anything being created for them. Zohore needs to improve, but Gounongbe looks OK and was a bit unlucky there. A creative midfielder is also very important.

Plenty of effort but not much creativity.

Lets not get on the players' backs on Sunday but encourage the team :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:59 am

Def need a striker,so it has to be Pilks with Immers just behind him and Whitts in midfield for Sunday.

Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:21 am

We have a manager who was no 2 to Slade and an owner who wants t reduce a wage bill hmm
As my old dad used to say "if u pay peanuts,u get monkeys "
I think it's gonna be a poor r season

Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:18 am

Scoularfan wrote:We have a manager who was no 2 to Slade and an owner who wants t reduce a wage bill hmm

Does anyone know if Trollope has said anything about last night's game or is he keeping a low profile

Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:36 am

angelis1949 wrote:
Scoularfan wrote:We have a manager who was no 2 to Slade and an owner who wants t reduce a wage bill hmm

Does anyone know if Trollope has said anything about last night's game or is he keeping a low profile

Did an interview on sky sports afterwards apparently?

Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:12 pm

Mike Strinati wrote:Also every time Zohore loses ball he turns his back and doesn't bother chasing for the ball or seeing if the ball is coming back to him from an interception.

Good point. We can whinge all we want about our strikers but it seems we are stuck with what we have already got. That means improving the supply to them and getting them to work harder when procession is lost.

PT has to work harder with the squad on the training ground and get them functioning in all departments especially in supply and finishing.