Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " MY VIEW/OPINION TWO OWN GOALS HAND CARDIFF CITY "

Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:11 am

CPbluebird02 wrote:Gunnarson was my man of the match tonight absolutely quality he was direct creative and he didn't stop running and tackling. And tonight also proved how dangerous our wing backs can be if they are direct. Once again a class showing from whitts. In my opinion gounognebe looked intelligent he held the ball up well and was trouble for defenders to mark. Atmosphere was great in the canton shame about the rest of the stadium. Also teach kadeem Harris how to defend and he will be class he was so direct with the ball.'duffy is a bluebird'

I pretty much agree with this ^^^^^. Wasn't all bad and looked good in stages

Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:35 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:My my appears worse than last season!

Can it get worse, where is the Club going?

What a sad sorry situation promotion my god lets be realistic.

Tan the man what a legacy will be left

I feel we are a lot weaker than last season.

Way too much negativity. We were better last night and a lot of positives can be taken from it.

Gunnar showed his quality and bossed the midfield,
Peltier showed we have cover at wingback and put in a better performance than Richards did against QPR.
Morrison and Connely looked dominant in defence.
Pilks showed he can get into good positions, on another night he could have scored a couple.
Immers has loads of ability.
Whits still has that killer pass.
John is only going to get better and better the more he plays.
Fred looked good. Held the ball up and was a handful for their defenders. Will also get better the more he plays.
As for Harris, a breath of fresh air. Quality going forward and defended well too.

The system is new and the players are still getting used to it. Each game we'll see an improvement - with the odd poor one - and even if we don't get a new striker in, I think we'll still finish about 10th.

Look on the bright side, we could still be playing in red with Slade in charge.

Roll on Saturday.

:ayatollah: :bluebird: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:40 am

wez1927 wrote:
avondaleblue wrote:I thought we played some good stuff tonight, but as others have stated a bit laboured. Don't know what's happened to Rallos he was poor again tonight. Too slow to move the ball, and was sideways or backwards. Thought Morrison and Gunnarsson were excellent but at least we made the keeper work tonight, and Declan John was unlucky hiiting the post only for donkey Duffy to tuck it away very comfortably. Overall thought it was better tonight,but still room for improvement,but little shoots of improvement starting to rear their heads.
our midfield don't move the ball quick enough and are over passing it there's no playmaker whits has lost the ability to pick out a quick killer pass

That will be the Whitts who put the ball inside the full back to put John in and then put in a dangerous free kick for the 2nd !!!

Nobody else even looking like creating at the moment so God help us if Whitts isn't there !!!!

But the again it's always Whitts fault !!!!

Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:42 am

wez1927 wrote:
CPbluebird02 wrote:Gunnarson was my man of the match tonight absolutely quality he was direct creative and he didn't stop running and tackling. And tonight also proved how dangerous our wing backs can be if they are direct. Once again a class showing from whitts. In my opinion gounognebe looked intelligent he held the ball up well and was trouble for defenders to mark. Atmosphere was great in the canton shame about the rest of the stadium. Also teach kadeem Harris how to defend and he will be class he was so direct with the ball.'duffy is a bluebird'

:lol: you must of been watching a different game to me

Totally agree CPbluebird02, a much better performance than against QPR.

I don't know what game Wez1927 was watching but there's a lot of positives to take from it. I think we'll see an improvement each game. :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:21 am

piledriver64 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
avondaleblue wrote:I thought we played some good stuff tonight, but as others have stated a bit laboured. Don't know what's happened to Rallos he was poor again tonight. Too slow to move the ball, and was sideways or backwards. Thought Morrison and Gunnarsson were excellent but at least we made the keeper work tonight, and Declan John was unlucky hiiting the post only for donkey Duffy to tuck it away very comfortably. Overall thought it was better tonight,but still room for improvement,but little shoots of improvement starting to rear their heads.
our midfield don't move the ball quick enough and are over passing it there's no playmaker whits has lost the ability to pick out a quick killer pass

That will be the Whitts who put the ball inside the full back to put John in and then put in a dangerous free kick for the 2nd !!!

Nobody else even looking like creating at the moment so God help us if Whitts isn't there !!!!

I just thought he was too negative, Gunners put in a couple more better balls in then Whits. Whits passed it out for a thrown in a few times too, i dont dislike the guy but i dont feel he can stay in the team just to hope for 1 or 2 passes in 90 minutes.

I expected him to be sitting deep and threading passes through to the Wbs but Manga tried that more then Whits.

Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:47 am

Desperate again, not as bad as QPR because Blackburn were terrible.

Only our central defence looks ok. The res is poor.

Only a few decent things all night. The move for our opener; the ball through to Pilkington for his one on one; the Harris run and shot and the Harris overlap and cross [which a half awake centre forward would at least have made an effort to get on the end of].

This goes on much longer and the season will be over before it has even started.

Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:50 am

Logie wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

I just thought he was too negative, Gunners put in a couple more better balls in then Whits. Whits passed it out for a thrown in a few times too, i dont dislike the guy but i dont feel he can stay in the team just to hope for 1 or 2 passes in 90 minutes.

I expected him to be sitting deep and threading passes through to the Wbs but Manga tried that more then Whits.

I can remember when Gary Medel was here, I know he is a different level, but it seemed like he had the job of work horse + spraying the ball around as Whitts didn't want the responsibility. Sad part is we know he can do it!

Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:19 am

wez1927 wrote:all too slow ,making a meal of over passing it in midfield lacking confidence to find that killer pass ,whits is finished as our creative playmaker ,I'm worried if we don't get any players with pace and creativity then it's going to be a season to write off

Wez, Im with you on this and hopefully Trollope sorts all this out over the next 2 weeks, if not then I do worry for us. Trollope can surely see this,so it can be addressed now :thumbright: :thumbright:

Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:21 am

JamieCCFC90 wrote:I thought Gunnars was class tonight, worked hard and he was constantly shouting, I feel his influence when he hasn't got the ball is also key. Hope we keep him. Not the best performance but 3 points!

We 100% can not afford to loose GUNNARSSON :thumbright: :thumbright:

Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:31 am

Ibby wrote:CRAZY by Duffy who got our goals. Madness by him tonight.

Thankfully he did :lol: :thumbright: :thumbright:

Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:56 am

Penyfai Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

:lol: you must of been watching a different game to me

Totally agree CPbluebird02, a much better performance than against QPR.

I don't know what game Wez1927 was watching but there's a lot of positives to take from it. I think we'll see an improvement each game. :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Thanks mate some people are looking at the performance negatively.last night showed that we will improve if everyone is behind the team we will progress