Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' CARDIFF CITY SELL YET ANOTHER PLAYER FOR NEARLY £500,0

Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:45 pm

Good business in my opinion, Ill take £500,000 for a average back up goalkeeper all day. The only way we're going to bring any players in is by letting players go, I don't think Moore and adeyemi are big casualties to the squad and we'll be able to cope with their departures. Hopefully someone is daft enough to take Macheda off our hands and someone will take a punt on Le Fondre, so we can bring in a goalscorer and attacking midfielder.

:bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:23 pm

GotMeSingingTheBlues wrote:Good business in my opinion, Ill take £500,000 for a average back up goalkeeper all day. The only way we're going to bring any players in is by letting players go, I don't think Moore and adeyemi are big casualties to the squad and we'll be able to cope with their departures. Hopefully someone is daft enough to take Macheda off our hands and someone will take a punt on Le Fondre, so we can bring in a goalscorer and attacking midfielder.

:bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

this ^^

Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:09 pm

The facts here are we cannot bring anyone else in without moving players off the wage bill. Not because Tan is tight or letting us rot, but because we need to be complaint with the FFP regulations. I've said before that ive been told that there are funds available for strengthening as demonstrated by the Huws signing who was by no means done on the cheap!

We need to strengthen in certain areas and if that means letting the likes of Adeyemi and Moore go then so be it. Neither were likely to play a handful of games this season for us. The ideal scenario is we would have a big squad of players, with lots of options in lots of positions, but unfortunately we have too many players who are on ridiculous wages and we cannot get off the wage bill.

If moving out some players who are on the very outskirts of the first team squad, allows Trollope to make further moves in the market for the players that he wants then I don't see how we can complain about that.

Of course if we sell a load of players and come 1st September have not brought in a couple more new additions that changes.

I had high hopes of Moore when we signed him, but ultimately he wants first team football and at his age he needs it. We had to let Tom Heaton go for similar reasons. This seems to suggest that the club will again hold onto Marshall during this window. Pretty sure we will try and bring another keeper in too before the end of the window, even on loan. Can't see us running with just 2 keepers until January.

Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:02 am

MOORE LEAVES CARDIFF

Sky Sports

Simon Moore has left Cardiff City for Sheffield United.

The goalkeeper has been signed for fee of around £500,000 after agreeing a three-year deal with the Blades.

Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:24 am

I'm astounded by some of the comments on this thread :shock:

If you go back and look at the games he's actually played, how many of them didn't Moore directly cost us a goal ? He filled the centre backs with fear, not confidence and his distribution is frankly awful. He could play for the England riugby team such is his ability to find touch with his goal kicks !!

Even his most recent game against Rovers he simply should have saved that speculative shot.

He is a great shot stopper, but there are plenty of those about. If anyone even thinks he is a top half of the Championship keeper either now or in the future they are sadly deluded.

Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:42 am

It's a sensible move all around. He needs more first team game time experience and I think that he will then develope well. Good luck to him.

Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:54 am

Need a replacement keeper with some league experience NQAT

Re: UPDATED' CARDIFF SELL YET ANOTHER PLAYER FOR NEARLY £500

Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:57 am

Paul Trollope on Simon Moore's departure

19/08/16

David Marshall is under contract, we’re very happy to have him, the decision on Simon Moore,he did well for us when he came in and played, but felt right for all parties he went to play regular, we had the offer and it suited everyone.

We wish him well, he’s been a good understudy.

Ben made nice progress over the last couple of years, probably looking to add another one to work under David.

Whether younger one or not confirmed next few weeks we don’t want to leave ourselves short, we have a few people we have an eye on.

Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:02 am

Chris Wilder, Sheffield United manager

“I’ve said for a while, competition is key and Simon will provide that in the goalkeeping department. We’ve tracked him for quite a while, done due diligence with people that have worked with him. We have taken our time to get the right one.

“Simon is a good age, he’s got experience. We’ve got good value too, it is a good deal for Sheffield United and now it is up to him to produce the performances we know he is capable of.”

Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:06 am

He wants first team football, and Sheffield United are a good club. Decent fee, suits them and us. Wish Simon Moore well.

Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:44 am

I think this is a great bit of business. Also moving SM on means Wilson may get game time. Same applies to O'Sullivan whose chances will improve now Tom Adeyemi has moved out.

We have for years been calling for more of the youngsters to be given a chance and that won't happen if there is deadwood blocking the route to the first team.

Re: " SIMON MOORE SET TO LEAVE CARDIFF "

Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:47 am

castleblue wrote:We are down to the bones of our squad and without an experienced forward and nearly half the bench at Fulham will now be from the development team

About frigging time IMO. Give the youngsters their feet and see what diamonds we might have rather than paying journey men a fortune to do the exact same job. :D

Re: " SIMON MOORE SET TO LEAVE CARDIFF "

Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:08 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Good business.

How is it good business Luke? ?

Moore is good enough to be a Championship goalie and we need him him as fantastic back up to Marshall.

Plus the money won't be put back in to the squad as you very well know, we hardly ever see this happen, if we continue,sell,sell,sell, like the last 3 years,theres only one way for us down and fans will be gone for years.

Iits not us being negative,its the club continually selling and not re-investing.

Annis, you saw Moore plenty of times last season, how can you not think that this is good business? He's not good enough to be our first choice 'keeper, if we do indeed have ambitions of getting promoted.

He wants first team football, and we've got Wilson coming up who's probably ready to sit on the bench each week now. In truth, it should be a non-issue when the number 2 'keeper gets sold, in my opinion.

Moore cost us points last season through absolutely silly mistakes (which could be said of others too, I'll accept), and in my opinion he should've saved the goal that knocked us out of the EFL cup last week.

Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:18 pm

Good the guy flapped every time the ball came near him.

Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:48 pm

Much as I'm a huge fan of David Marshall, in terms of "business" I think selling him to the Premiership for millions would have been better. We could have used his fee and wages to find a striker. Not my preference but recognising the reality of our current position and owner strategy.

Moore would have been fine; he was excellent at Brentford. Wilson is a concern. How can he be considered a "prospect " at 24?! Good 24 year olds are holding down first team places and shrugging off the previous "second season syndrome ". Look at how many lower league and non-league clubs he's been to and returned without a club. And ask the Wimbledon fans!

Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:53 pm

Another one gone - More going than coming in - Q - The " CHOO CHOO TRAIN ".