Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' Very Little Depth To Our Squad '

Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:21 am

Dessy1927 wrote:You normally find the young players are hungry and have no fear, can't remember last time we played an academy striker, was Earnie our last one? I remember my bro saying watch this kid warming up he's lightening, I can't think of any after but then my brain is the best at remembering.

Josh Magenis but unfourtunetly he broke his leg.

Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:52 am

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:Let's turn this into a positive. Our wage bill must now be one of the lowest in the league and some of our debt to tan must have been lowered. This along with our parachute payments makes the club more attractive to potential investors. Also a smaller squad will give our youngsters from the academy a chance to get in the match day squad. Our academy has produced very little since Ramsey. I've heard that there are some very good players coming through in most age groups and I can't wait to see some young local talent on the pitch.

Absolutely brilliant post. The club is stagnating and the only way forward IMO is to blood our own youngsters. That way a connection is made with the fans and local community again.

Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:21 am

Whistler wrote:
Blueboys1927 wrote:As a football club we are well and truly fooked at present, with a mad owner. We are only going one way at the moment, and that's head long into the lower leagues :bluebird:

Mad you may think he is! but if he left today, there would not be any club here at all FACT!!! Question have you got £10M per year in small change to put into the club

Okay, Dictitorial talaterian owner, who has systematically wrecked our once proud club :thumbright:

Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:30 pm

What has Tan done in the last year or so that's been mad with the exception of turning a large amount of debt to equity.

Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:32 pm

Blueboys1927 wrote:
Whistler wrote:
Blueboys1927 wrote:As a football club we are well and truly fooked at present, with a mad owner. We are only going one way at the moment, and that's head long into the lower leagues :bluebird:

Mad you may think he is! but if he left today, there would not be any club here at all FACT!!! Question have you got £10M per year in small change to put into the club

Okay, Dictitorial talaterian owner, who has systematically wrecked our once proud club :thumbright:

It could be said he saved our club
Offered to invest heavily if he changed our colours
We protested(rightly in my view ) to get our colours back
He said ok have your colours back but I will cease the heavy investment
Just a different interpretation of the facts from a loyal supporter

Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:37 pm

2blue2handle wrote:What has Tan done in the last year or so that's been mad with the exception of turning a large amount of debt to equity.

tan can't win the same people who wanted him to shut his mouth and take a back seat are now moaning he doesn't come to matches,also moaning about how high the debt is but want to spend again strange bunch on here sometimes

Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:50 pm

wez1927 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:What has Tan done in the last year or so that's been mad with the exception of turning a large amount of debt to equity.

tan can't win the same people who wanted him to shut his mouth and take a back seat are now moaning he doesn't come to matches,also moaning about how high the debt is but want to spend again strange bunch on here sometimes

It's full of drama queens trolls and jacks posing as city fans :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:54 pm

wez1927 wrote:

Yup that's pretty much all im reading :lol:

Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:38 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Dessy1927 wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:Let's turn this into a positive. Our wage bill must now be one of the lowest in the league and some of our debt to tan must have been lowered. This along with our parachute payments makes the club more attractive to potential investors. Also a smaller squad will give our youngsters from the academy a chance to get in the match day squad. Our academy has produced very little since Ramsey. I've heard that there are some very good players coming through in most age groups and I can't wait to see some young local talent on the pitch.

I like your thinking sir, this is what I had hoped for a long time. If we can survive this season and bleed youth it will have been a successful season in my opinion. Would love a young hungry striker given a shot.

I second that as Ive always wanted plenty of local Welsh lads,But I can't see that for a while yet as managers like Slade were totally against them and at this moment in time, we have not got that many good enough for the Championship.
So we need to strengthen from outside beginning with a good striker.

Totally agree Annis but I would bring a decent striker in and look to promote a young academy striker as an understudy with a long term plan of nurturing our youth and giving them a path to the 1st team, the rewards for that ethos would serve us well. Just my humble opinion of course

Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:47 pm

phildavies wrote:
Dessy1927 wrote:You normally find the young players are hungry and have no fear, can't remember last time we played an academy striker, was Earnie our last one? I remember my bro saying watch this kid warming up he's lightening, I can't think of any after but then my brain is the best at remembering.

Josh Magenis but unfourtunetly he broke his leg.

Yeah good point be nice to bleed them and really see them develop. Let's hope someone breaks through under Trollope, might find his hand is forced if we don't bring a striker in and get injuries.

Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:57 pm

Only a mad man with Dictitorial tendencies would want to change 100 years of history and change our colour with one feld swoop. I couldn't care less if he ever invests again, just want the mad man out of the football club I have supported (with an unbroken season ticket) since 1968 :bluebird:

Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:02 pm

Blueboys1927 wrote:Only a mad man with Dictitorial tendencies would want to change 100 years of history and change our colour with one feld swoop. I couldn't care less if he ever invests again, just want the mad man out of the football club I have supported (with an unbroken season ticket) since 1968 :bluebird:

Well you shall have to wait probably 4yrs or more before he leaves so mad man be here for a little while longer? :thumbup:

Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:03 pm

Seems so :bluebird:

Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:03 pm

I will never stop fighting for this club so you can try and shush me all you want, we ain't going nowhere until Tan sells up.

Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:17 pm

john jones82 wrote:I will never stop fighting for this club so you can try and shush me all you want, we ain't going nowhere until Tan sells up.

Like your use of the plural there Roathy,You and who else :lol:

Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:18 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
john jones82 wrote:I will never stop fighting for this club so you can try and shush me all you want, we ain't going nowhere until Tan sells up.

Me and thousands of members of the BU, we are still an active group.

Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:26 pm

john jones82 wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

what as this got to do with op? :thumbup:

Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:27 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
john jones82 wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

Leave me alone Allan, you said you were going to ignore me so please do so :thumbup:

I await the barrage of abuse.

Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:29 pm

john jones82 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
john jones82 wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:

Leave me alone Allan, you said you were going to ignore me so please do so :thumbup:

I await the barrage of abuse.

mmmm only asked a simple question? :thumbup:

Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:31 pm

You said you were going to ignore me after needlessly abusing me yesterday, please stick by that Allan and leave me alone to post. I owe the likes of you absolutely nothing, I am happy to be left alone and we can ignore eachother for the good of the board.

Stick to your own words please :thumbup:

Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:34 pm

come on Roathy what do bluebirds Unite want now ? as we are back in blue and our badge has a large bluebird on it just like the coal was for them ?

Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:34 pm

john jones82 wrote:You said you were going to ignore me after needlessly abusing me yesterday, please stick by that Allan and leave me alone to post. I owe the likes of you absolutely nothing, I am happy to be left alone and we can ignore eachother for the good of the board.

actually my post other day was in reference that particular arguement as you well know :old: if dont like question simply ignore it then? :thumbup:

Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:38 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
john jones82 wrote:You said you were going to ignore me after needlessly abusing me yesterday, please stick by that Allan and leave me alone to post. I owe the likes of you absolutely nothing, I am happy to be left alone and we can ignore eachother for the good of the board.

actually my post other day was in reference that particular arguement as you well know :old: if dont like question simply ignore it then? :thumbup:

I agreed with Annis and the moderator to cut the abuse out so for the good of the forum I decided not to get myself embroiled in petty argument with those I deem to be abusive trolls. If you want to continue the debate Allan then be my guest but please do not turn every thread you are involved in into a war of words. Abuse isn't debate.

Either ignore me and leave me alone or stop the abuse and the condescending tone :thumbup:

Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:42 pm

john jones82 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

I agreed with Annis and the moderator to cut the abuse out so for the good of the forum I decided not to get myself embroiled in petty argument with those I deem to be abusive trolls. If you want to continue the debate Allan then be my guest but please do not turn every thread you are involved in into a war of words. Abuse isn't debate.

Either ignore me and leave me alone or stop the abuse and the condescending tone :thumbup:

what are you on about i asked a simple question all it required was a simple answer is that to difficult to do? why rant on about one word used yesterday? and if you think that word is abuse you have problems mate! :thumbup:

Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:45 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
john jones82 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

what are you on about i asked a simple question all it required was a simple answer is that to difficult to do? why rant on about one word used yesterday? and if you think that word is abuse you have problems mate! :thumbup:

You called me an idiot because I had a pro blue anti Tan opinion and you didn't like it being expressed. I found unneeded and completely out of order and I am glad the mods saw fit to reprimand you for that. You then said you were going to ignore me and I think you should.

I will not be silenced and my views will be heard whether Tan apologists like it or not.

Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:53 pm

john jones82 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
john jones82 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

You called me an idiot because I had a pro blue anti Tan opinion and you didn't like it being expressed. I found unneeded and completely out of order and I am glad the mods saw fit to reprimand you for that. You then said you were going to ignore me and I think you should.

I will not be silenced and my views will be heard whether Tan apologists like it or not.

doesn bother me what you rant on regarding tan and as you know i called you an +++++ because you abused someone and i was defending him it had nothing to do with your tan agenda! i am still waiting for answer to my original question? but in tthe interests of this thread i wont ask it again, and if i respond to a post of yours i will ask it appropriately and expect either an appropriate response or none at all , not some ramblings about one word ok? anyway time to leave this debate as itsbeen derailed enough :wave: :thumbup:

Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:56 pm

If you ask me a question I will respond to it how I see fit, I don't owe trolls who can't take others opinions without resorting to abuse anything let alone a response. I will politely ask you to ignore me or be respectful of my views like I am to yours. Free speach is something my ancestors fought for for years and I intend on using. Don't like it? Get over it :thumbup: :smile:

Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:58 pm

john jones82 wrote:If you ask me a question I will respond to it how I see fit, I don't owe trolls who can't take others opinions without resorting to abuse anything let alone a response. I will politely ask you to ignore me or be respectful of my views like I am to yours. Free speach is something my ancestors fought for for years and I intend on using. Don't like it? Get over it :thumbup: :smile:

like wise :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:00 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
john jones82 wrote:If you ask me a question I will respond to it how I see fit, I don't owe trolls who can't take others opinions without resorting to abuse anything let alone a response. I will politely ask you to ignore me or be respectful of my views like I am to yours. Free speach is something my ancestors fought for for years and I intend on using. Don't like it? Get over it :thumbup: :smile:

like wise :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Glad we agree on something Al.

Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:31 pm

Zzzzzzzzzzzz wake me up when Roathy Rat has stopped derailing threads Zzzzzzzzzzzzz