Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: MY VIEW/OPINION MANAGER PAUL TROLLOPE CERTAINLY STAMPED

Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:44 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Allan/ Wez

Vince's words not just mine it looks like we could be in a relegation fight ? ?

That's his and maybe your opinion but if that's case so are derby below us but maybe their fans are more of the optimistic type? And if people can say after 6 games we are in relegation fight best we all give up and go home!!

P's if in same place at Xmas then i can say in relegation fight. :thumbup:

why you saying Wez ? if Lambert scored his chances we would of won,keeper made great save for one and hit the bar on the other ,they had 3 shots on goal and scored them Norwich are a decent team and will be in the mix at the end of the season ,our team will gel soon then we will turn the corner our squad is very strong you just have to look at the bench today

How many times have we heard if that happened, or if this had happened. Virtually every time we get beat we hear the same excuses. We have 5 points from 6 games, fact, no ifs or buts. If you think everything is going along nicely, then you have a completely different view of what most of us would consider to be satisfactory. Just 6 games gone and how many points are we already adrift from the top. If we fail to win just one of our next two games, we will almost certainly find ourselves in the bottom three and the pressure starting to build.

maybe but we could win the next two and be in the playoffs next two games are huge ,did you really think we would go to Norwich and win ? I thought we might of nicked a point still early days tho

Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:56 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

That's his and maybe your opinion but if that's case so are derby below us but maybe their fans are more of the optimistic type? And if people can say after 6 games we are in relegation fight best we all give up and go home!!

why you saying Wez ? if Lambert scored his chances we would of won,keeper made great save for one and hit the bar on the other ,they had 3 shots on goal and scored them Norwich are a decent team and will be in the mix at the end of the season ,our team will gel soon then we will turn the corner our squad is very strong you just have to look at the bench today

How many times have we heard if that happened, or if this had happened. Virtually every time we get beat we hear the same excuses. We have 5 points from 6 games, fact, no ifs or buts. If you think everything is going along nicely, then you have a completely different view of what most of us would consider to be satisfactory. Just 6 games gone and how many points are we already adrift from the top. If we fail to win just one of our next two games, we will almost certainly find ourselves in the bottom three and the pressure starting to build.

maybe but we could win the next two and be in the playoffs next two games are huge ,did you really think we would go to Norwich and win ? I thought we might of nicked a point still early days tho

No, I thought we would lose at Norwich. I had us down for 6 points after 6 games, so I was obviously a bit over enthusiastic. Nothing compared to some though.

Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:05 am

I'm sick and tired of this "Did you think we'd go to Norwich and win" bollocks. Why the hell not? Do we just accept that there are certain games each season where we are not going to win no matter what we do?

Wez, you criticise people for being negative but how negative is it to think that the best we could hope for at Norwich was a point if we were lucky? It's much too easy to use as an excuse - "it's a difficult place to go" , "did we really expect to win" , "they'll be near the top at the end of the season".

Frankly it's all bollocks. Our away form is worse than shit and we're running out of excuses. To those who believe we still have any sort of play off chance, why should we be thinking that we can't go to places like Norwich ( who were'nt in great form themselves) and try to win the game?

Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:42 am

davids wrote:I'm sick and tired of this "Did you think we'd go to Norwich and win" bollocks. Why the hell not? Do we just accept that there are certain games each season where we are not going to win no matter what we do?

Wez, you criticise people for being negative but how negative is it to think that the best we could hope for at Norwich was a point if we were lucky? It's much too easy to use as an excuse - "it's a difficult place to go" , "did we really expect to win" , "they'll be near the top at the end of the season".

Frankly it's all bollocks. Our away form is worse than shit and we're running out of excuses. To those who believe we still have any sort of play off chance, why should we be thinking that we can't go to places like Norwich ( who were'nt in great form themselves) and try to win the game?

Spot on David, We keep making out all these teams are world beaters,yet the club and some fans are saying we will be challenging as well, like you saying talking bollocks, Norwich were there to be beat.

Also the Norwich had failed to score in seven of their last 11 league games, including their last time out against Birmingham.

Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:01 am

Crowd 25,519
Away Support 300 approx

Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:57 am

pembroke allan wrote:

This ^^^^^^

Its like saying a boxer has lost a fight after losing the first round on points! :roll:

Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:29 am

lyndipops wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

This ^^^^^^

Its like saying a boxer has lost a fight after losing the first round on points! :roll:

After 7 games incl cup, with only one win from seven games, we are entitled to say "We could be in a relegation battle this season?? "

There's others saying on here that we might get promotion, that's their right to say, even if from day one I have never believed we would get promotion this season going by the transfer activities.

Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:14 pm

City are not going to be in a relegation fight this season. I believe that once the players adapt to the system it will be a better season and also played the right way unlike seasons gone by

Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:21 pm

Charlie Harper wrote:City are not going to be in a relegation fight this season. I believe that once the players adapt to the system it will be a better season and also played the right way unlike seasons gone by

I really hope you are right as 3-5-2 is an exciting set up when executed well

Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:24 pm

oxfordblue wrote:
Charlie Harper wrote:City are not going to be in a relegation fight this season. I believe that once the players adapt to the system it will be a better season and also played the right way unlike seasons gone by

I hope im right also but I see it working with the players we have

Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:33 pm

Charlie Harper wrote:
oxfordblue wrote:

I hope im right also but I see it working with the players we have

sure if we play the right ones

Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:39 pm

oxfordblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
oxfordblue wrote:What a mess we are in

Hmmmm? I better watch what I say,the usual suspects will say I am negative :lol:

All you can do is observe and comment thats not being negative its being realistic

And to be realistic you need to have a balanced approach. Just blaming the same person for everything that goes wrong is not balanced.

Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:52 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
oxfordblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Hmmmm? I better watch what I say,the usual suspects will say I am negative :lol:

All you can do is observe and comment thats not being negative its being realistic

And to be realistic you need to have a balanced approach. Just blaming the same person for everything that goes wrong is not balanced.

Agreed I do not think anyone is blaming one person, errors have been made by several people over a few years although hindsight is a great gift. The club has to move on in a positive way but history tells us the buck stops with the manager fair or not .

Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:53 pm

oxfordblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Tony, in all ways of life regarding business, the man at the top takes the plaudits and the blame In what happens to the business

Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:59 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
oxfordblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Tony, in all ways of life regarding business, the man at the top takes the plaudits and the blame In what happens to the business

So why doesn't anyone give the man any credit when he does the right thing, ie put in £68M, back to blue and is slowly turning City to debt free ?

give the man a chance lads

Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:40 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
oxfordblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Being objective means recognition when plaudits are due. We never see that from you it's just the same drip, drip shit stirring about Vincent Tan.

I acknowledge that he has f**ked up in the past and rightly he is baring the cost, but I don't accept VT has done nothing but bad at Cardiff City.

For years we have cried out for a well run club which doesn't run up debt. When that happens instead of congratulating the guy you attack him for not 'speculating'

That attitude is not healthy for Cardiff City and this policy of rubbishing everything he does (or whatever is done in his name) is becoming tedious and I would go as far as to say it's holding the club back.

Choo knows who you are and he will listen to you, but if you go with an agenda of just rubbishing VT then you will continue to be ignored.

Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:09 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
oxfordblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Being objective means recognition when plaudits are due. We never see that from you it's just the same drip, drip shit stirring about Vincent Tan.

I acknowledge that he has f**ked up in the past and rightly he is baring the cost, but I don't accept VT has done nothing but bad at Cardiff City.

For years we have cried out for a well run club which doesn't run up debt. When that happens instead of congratulating the guy you attack him for not 'speculating'

That attitude is not healthy for Cardiff City and this policy of rubbishing everything he does (or whatever is done in his name) is becoming tedious and I would go as far as to say it's holding the club back.

Choo knows who you are and he will listen to you, but if you go with an agenda of just rubbishing VT then you will continue to be ignored.

Ok Tony, I don't want to applaud Tan and Co as I personally feel they've destroyed my proud club and that hurts badly,it might not hurt you? but it certainly hurts me badly.

Last night I drank with Cardiff fans from Port Talbot visiting Santa Ponsa and with in minutes,not my words but theres,We need Tan from our club,they then told me that fewer than 20% of the lads from there now bother to go to away games and many home games.
This is all I hear from every where,if I am so wrong, just look at our away crowds and home crowds.

As to the shit string on Tan, Why because I believe the latest statements as bullshit and Don't believe one word from them anymore, surely thats my right,is it not? or are you trying to Dictate me like Tan has for years to City etc.

Many others fans make comments on here good and bad and thats their right and I respect them all, I don't call them shit stirers,I did call many so called fans Tan arse lickers,maybe I was right or wrong,stopped doing that as name calling gets you no where But funny most of them gave up as soon as we were relegated. :thumbright: :thumbright:

All I am is just a fan like you who has supported my club through more bad times than good and should be allowed to say my feelings :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:

Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:53 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
oxfordblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Ok Tony, I don't want to applaud Tan and Co as I personally feel they've destroyed my proud club and that hurts badly,it might not hurt you? but it certainly hurts me badly.

Last night I drank with Cardiff fans from Port Talbot visiting Santa Ponsa and with in minutes,not my words but theres,We need Tan from our club,they then told me that fewer than 20% of the lads from there now bother to go to away games and many home games.
This is all I hear from every where,if I am so wrong, just look at our away crowds and home crowds.

As to the shit string on Tan, Why because I believe the latest statements as bullshit and Don't believe one word from them anymore, surely thats my right,is it not? or are you trying to Dictate me like Tan has for years to City etc.

Many others fans make comments on here good and bad and thats their right and I respect them all, I don't call them shit stirers,I did call many so called fans Tan arse lickers,maybe I was right or wrong,stopped doing that as name calling gets you no where But funny most of them gave up as soon as we were relegated. :thumbright: :thumbright:

All I am is just a fan like you who has supported my club through more bad times than good and should be allowed to say my feelings :thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:

Annis whilst you are of course entitled to your own opinion (as are we all) the problem is that whilst in your mind you are just a just regular fan, the fact is that in the eyes of many, you are more than that and your opinion does hold sway, rightly or wrongly, over others.

You have every right to voice your opinion but it does carry weight and with the very much up most respect, someone in your position could possibly a bit more balanced - a slightly less negative approach from someone like you could go someway to rebuilding the gap between the club and it's fans.

It's not your responsibility at all, but like it or not you are a fans leader and it would help.

It's going to be a tough season - personally I think we will finish between 8 and 12 - but if we can see the start of us building something that could lead us to challenging in the next few seasons, whilst bringing local talent through and being a sustainable club then I think that would be a positive step forward.

We need to come together more than ever right now and people like you that have both the ear of the fans and the club could be integral to that.

Again this is said with the utmost respect for the time and effort you've put into supporting the club through thick and thin so hope it comes across the right way! :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:24 am

ealing_ayatollah wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
oxfordblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Annis whilst you are of course entitled to your own opinion (as are we all) the problem is that whilst in your mind you are just a just regular fan, the fact is that in the eyes of many, you are more than that and your opinion does hold sway, rightly or wrongly, over others.

You have every right to voice your opinion but it does carry weight and with the very much up most respect, someone in your position could possibly a bit more balanced - a slightly less negative approach from someone like you could go someway to rebuilding the gap between the club and it's fans.

It's not your responsibility at all, but like it or not you are a fans leader and it would help.

It's going to be a tough season - personally I think we will finish between 8 and 12 - but if we can see the start of us building something that could lead us to challenging in the next few seasons, whilst bringing local talent through and being a sustainable club then I think that would be a positive step forward.

We need to come together more than ever right now and people like you that have both the ear of the fans and the club could be integral to that.

Again this is said with the utmost respect for the time and effort you've put into supporting the club through thick and thin so hope it comes across the right way! :ayatollah:

I would love our fans to be united together,but the rebrand divided us so much that many can't forgive.
Its our clubs responsibility to now unite us and bring us all together,but they can only do that when fans really believe theres a future under the present regime.
From the stewards/ticket office right to the top need to show our fans more respect and not just us back them, them back us :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

I was excited at the end of this summer after the Euros and was hoping our club really would follow it through.
I'm at the Leeds home game Saturday and yes I am excited to be senna everyone and really hoping for a great atmosphere as Cardiff/Leeds has always been that in the past :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluebird: