Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' Our away support worse been in 15 Years! '

Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:03 pm

We've never had a big support but what we did have was big hooligan element. Now that the hoolie days are as good as finished so are our crowds.

Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:33 pm

We seem to have been through so much more crap than most clubs, so it's understandable why fans are not turning up home and away. I think Wales doing well has had a big effect though and many have decided to follow them home and away. I'm sure if that goes tits up people will turn there attention to following city again

Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:37 pm

So many comments read here are true. For me the enjoyment factor is not what it was home or away. No atmosphere at home. I miss the banter with away fans. They miss it too! Away support from my era has changed. Unfortunately as well as numbers the city passion is no longer there. I will always remember and cherish years gone by as I know they won't come back.

Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:45 pm

XCasuals post is on the money.

12 seasons out of 13 in the same division doesnt help either, you see a lot of teams following are on the slide.

Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:30 pm

Completely agree with the many posts on this thread.

Supported the boys since late 70's, rain or shine, home and away & will always continue to do so.

Do I feel valued by the club? No.

No matter, as I support the boys whatever the regime.

I do at least 10 games away every season and as much as the club as are attempting reparations on home attendances, our amazing away support has been been taken for granted and ignored despite going through all the off field shite.

There will always be a hardcore of away fans but sadly I think the dwindling numbers are a direct result of how we've been treated overall.

Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:33 pm

X casual is right, when the agro resulted in jail for almost anything, it became not worth it for many who had followed us away for years. They don't go anymore, home games are seen as a chore and the rebrand killed it for many also. There is no away following coming thru to replace those who have gone. Hence, poor turnouts. Club is down the pan to be honest

Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:28 am

wez1927 wrote:
Xcasual wrote:I think a lot of our away following is dwindling because we've lost a lot of the "Lads" That have stopped going. There was a massive hooligan element that has now got married and got kids. Chelsea away in the cup was the end for a lot of the boys. Whether we like to admit it or not we had a massive hooligan element that followed Cardiff everywhere. Maybe I'm wrong but that's my opinion :bluescarf:

you are totally right I haven't been away since Chelsea away(apart from carling cup final in fancy dress :lol:) it's just not worth getting nicked anymore

absolutely spot on. The demise of the valley RAMS didn't help and a lot of lads follow Wales last couple years - no hassle, nobody in your face etc :thumbup:

Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:01 pm

I totally agree with a lot that has been said for reasons for poor away support here and agree that the support in the last couple of years has been poor by past standards. I went to Sheffield Wed last season and couldn't believe we only took around 1,000 for such an important game.

However having said that its unfair to compare the figures we take with the other clubs in our division. Apart from our trip over the Bridge to our good friends in Bristol, the nearest club is 100 miles away. For some clubs in the Midlands they probably have five or six games within 50 miles and half their games are within 100. If you look at our total away attendances last year compared to what they brought to Cardiff, there wasn't a huge difference.

Age profile is getting worrying though. Lots of grey hair and bald heads- including my own.