Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " TONY PULIS ON HIS WAY ? "

Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:38 pm

I work with some Baggies fans (I'm stuck in the West Midlands) and have to listen to them moaning about Pulis all the time. Premiership problems, eh?

Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:01 pm

Forever Blue wrote:TONY PULIS IS ON HIS WAY?

Tony Pulis is ready to quit Premeir League WBA for a Chsmpionship club.

It been reported that Tony Pulis has had enough of WBA there who have not supported him and its become harder to work at the Hawthorns.

Pulis is willing to take on another Championship club and its believed ambitious QPR want him.

Now come on Tan,Dalman and Choo here is your chance to show us the Welsh way and ambition that you keep harping on about, Go and get Pulis and we will pack out the Cardiff City Stadium and bring South Wales alive again. :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Appointing someone like Pulis would lift the gloom and the negativity and would really back up the many statements City make about still wanting to be ambitious and we really would attract the right players etc.

You honeslty think a man that has had no backing in the transfer market will join a club Thats likely to have no activity in the transfer market?

Add to that he is likely to command a salary of well over £1m a year

And if you think that he would get bums on seats I think you are very much mistaken annis!

I also don't think anyone here would like his style of football either

Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:04 pm

smakerzthebluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:TONY PULIS IS ON HIS WAY?

Tony Pulis is ready to quit Premeir League WBA for a Chsmpionship club.

It been reported that Tony Pulis has had enough of WBA there who have not supported him and its become harder to work at the Hawthorns.

Pulis is willing to take on another Championship club and its believed ambitious QPR want him.

Now come on Tan,Dalman and Choo here is your chance to show us the Welsh way and ambition that you keep harping on about, Go and get Pulis and we will pack out the Cardiff City Stadium and bring South Wales alive again. :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Appointing someone like Pulis would lift the gloom and the negativity and would really back up the many statements City make about still wanting to be ambitious and we really would attract the right players etc.

You honeslty think a man that has had no backing in the transfer market will join a club Thats likely to have no activity in the transfer market?

Add to that he is likely to command a salary of well over £1m a year

And if you think that he would get bums on seats I think you are very much mistaken annis!

I also don't think anyone here would like his style of football either

NO I DONT AND THATS MY WHOLE POINT IVE BEEN SAYING YEARS, GOOD MANAGERS WONT COME HERE UNDER TAN.

Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:33 pm

theclaw wrote:Believe me Tony Pulis can work under Tan,but can he work under the financial fair play rules?

exactly I think people think tan is involved day to day which he isn't we are just an9rher business to him he has 3 football clubs

Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:51 pm

It would be exactly what we deserve if we had half decent management at the club, but we don't so it will never happen. Some other club will benefit while we wither on the vine.

Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:40 am

WBA fans hate him, see it every week on Twitter.. worst manager they had for years they are saying.

Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:30 am

DandoCCFC wrote:WBA fans hate him, see it every week on Twitter.. worst manager they had for years they are saying.

Funny they get relegated with all the others

Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:06 am

His supporters ALWAYS turn on him. His style of play isn't attractive at all, yet people who are on here every week demanding good football also want Pulis as our manager. It's literally for no other reason than he is a big name and Welsh.

Has a reputation for throwing his toys out of his pram now, which I think long term will make PL chairman stop making approached for him.

Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:21 am

KWest wrote:His supporters ALWAYS turn on him. His style of play isn't attractive at all, yet people who are on here every week demanding good football also want Pulis as our manager. It's literally for no other reason than he is a big name and Welsh.

Has a reputation for throwing his toys out of his pram now, which I think long term will make PL chairman stop making approached for him.

It's not because he's just a big name, he gets promotions and keeps teams up :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:01 am

Forever Blue wrote:
KWest wrote:His supporters ALWAYS turn on him. His style of play isn't attractive at all, yet people who are on here every week demanding good football also want Pulis as our manager. It's literally for no other reason than he is a big name and Welsh.

It's not because he's just a big name, he gets promotions and keeps teams up :thumbright: :ayatollah:

But at what cost, Annis? He can't work with club owners, he throws his toys out of his pram if he doesn't get the players he wants, and he alienates supporters with his brand of football.

And let's be realistic, he hasn't got a team promoted for what, 10 years or so? I don't believe Tony Pulis could get a team promoted to the Premier League anymore, as I think he's just become a manager who only knows how to keep teams from getting relegated.

Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:04 am

KWest wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

But at what cost, Annis? He can't work with club owners, he throws his toys out of his pram if he doesn't get the players he wants, and he alienates supporters with his brand of football.

And let's be realistic, he hasn't got a team promoted for what, 10 years or so? I don't believe Tony Pulis could get a team promoted to the Premier League anymore, as I think he's just become a manager who only knows how to keep teams from getting relegated.

You say at what cost ?

If we continue with yes Men like Slade and Trollope in the long run it will cost us a hell of a lot more.

We don't want managers like Ole etc

We need proven managers, yes they cost more but in the long run they are worth it :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:24 am

Forever Blue wrote:
KWest wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

You say at what cost ?

If we continue with yes Men like Slade and Trollope in the long run it will cost us a hell of a lot more.

We need proven managers, yes they cost more but in the long run they are worth it :ayatollah:

Have to agree with you here Annis :thumbup:

Although I'm not sure Trollope is a "yes man" like Slade was, I'm all for giving him a chance for the remainder of this season; given that both Tan and the club's obvious ambition for the near future is to reduce debt rather than see real success on the field. I think it's going to be a tough season again for paying supporters to witness if he doesn't get it sorted out fairly quickly

It's still early days but (as we know too well) the natives are getting restless! :(

However, if Tan/club had any real ambition for the future, the club would INVEST (for that is what it would be) in a proven manager who is knows to get the best out of his squad and add in the right areas and it would be worth it financially for Tan, the club (by increased attendances and related sales) and the return of fans who claim to be supporters yet don't attend with their book of excuses to the ready! :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:37 am

Sven wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
KWest wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

You say at what cost ?

Although I'm not sure Trollope is a "yes man" like Slade was, I'm all for giving him a chance for the remainder of this season; given that both Tan and the club's obvious ambition for the near future is to reduce debt rather than see real success on the field. I think it's going to be a tough season again for paying supporters to witness if he doesn't get it sorted out fairly quickly

It's still early days but (as we know too well) the natives are getting restless! :(

However, if Tan/club had any real ambition for the future, the club would INVEST (for that is what it would be) in a proven manager who is knows to get the best out of his squad and add in the right areas and it would be worth it financially for Tan, the club (by increased attendances and related sales) and the return of fans who claim to be supporters yet don't attend with their book of excuses to the ready! :ayatollah:

what your all forgetting is that the club are on its knees and are not far off ffp rules

Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:54 am

wez1927 wrote:
Sven wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
KWest wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

You say at what cost ?

what your all forgetting is that the club are on its knees and are not far off ffp rules

Wez, I think I alluded to that in my post (quote) "given that both Tan and the club's obvious ambition for the near future is to reduce debt" :thumbup:

However, if the club have any serious future ambition, then it needs to reassess come next summer (when hopefully the debt will be massively reduced, if Mr Tan is true to his word) and if PT is not up to the job, replace him with someone who is

Whether that be Pulis (a popular choice until he drops his first point! :laughing6: ) or someone else it matters not, so long as he is backed by the man at the top :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:22 pm

No chance of Pulis coming here.

Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:18 pm

Football wouldn't be any worse to watch than it has been for .... Well Since Malky any how.
Can't see it happening though.

Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:44 pm

3 up he's not going anywhere.

Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:43 pm

If tan really wants to sell us get pullis in get us back playing decent football attracting the crowds back. Prey for promotion then surely we would be much more of an attraction to buy rather than a championship club who is slowely getting raped by its owner. Well we can all dream

Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:51 pm

Never seen the obsession with Pulis myself, bang average.

Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:53 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:Never seen the obsession with Pulis myself, bang average.

I do if I'm honest bang average at Prem level but Pep Guardiola at Champ level but will never come here when doing fine at West Brom and the restrictions Tan has put up.