Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: This would not be happening under Slade

Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:48 pm

Nickoblue23 wrote:Totally agree with you concerning managers however how you can say the transfer committee have got it right is beyond me. We keep singing midfield's for fun and all have similar attributes. We are consistently overlooking the fact that our squad has a serious lack of pace!!!

Bothroyd signed for £350 grand.... Ross McCormack came to us on a free transfer! You don't have to spend millions to find what you need but you do need the right people in the right places to identify these targets!!!

Let's look who is on this transfer committee.

VT - no football experience
KC - no football experience
MD - has been in football but I wouldn't call him a scout.
Then you have PT who is extremely inexperienced at this level.

When you compare with DJ level of experience in the market they're miles off

No sure if your replying to my post but if so you've misread it.

The crux is that we don't have an executive board with football experience to make strategic football business decisions. They have failed and continue to do so. I gave slight 'credit' on signing an obvious needed striker but the front and foremost issue has been the failure or even reluctance of employing a proven managerial talent at this level.

Re: This would not be happening under Slade

Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:52 am

Apologies in thats case I totally agree.

What I would say is that even with that little credit we signed another player with a lack of pace. In a team with a Gayle, Callum Wilson, Grey etc. I have think Lambert would be perfect with his hold up play and intelligent flick ons. With us I just fear its another addition that makes our oppositions game plan easier as we're so one dimensional

Re: " This would not be happening under Russell Slade "

Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:19 pm

We've already lost twice as many games at home this season than we did under Slade last season. We only had 2 league defeats at home last season under Slade and we were ridiculously unlucky to lose both of those.

Compare that to this season, we've lost 4 of our 5 home games, we only beat Blackburn because their centre back scored both our goals and none of our outfield players have managed to score at home yet.

With a manager out of his depth, a team who look lost with no organisation, attacking style and game plan and a transfer committee consisting of people who have no clue about football, to say we are in a mess would be an understatement.

The worst thing is, I don't think anything can be done to stop our slump. Trollope surely has to go, but Tan won't bring anyone decent in. We might be stuck with Lennie Lawrence. Tan might gamble with another coach from within or bring someone cheap he knows from abroad. It will be another cheap option and whatever happens, it's highly probable things will only get worse.

I don't see anything changing to stop us getting relegated and if we do go down, even further cut backs will be made and we will go down again. I'm so demoralised right now. Our club has been run into the ground and we are in this position because of wrong decision after wrong decision with recruitment and reckless spending.

Is there any hope for us to salvage our season? I feel avoiding relegation will be a miracle at the moment! :(

Re: " This would not be happening under Russell Slade "

Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:51 pm

Remind me again - Who put Slade upstairs and thought he was done ???