Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' MINI-UPDATE - MONDAY SEPTEMBER 19th 2016 '

Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:50 pm

They should fly to the next away match this time with a one way ticket. Leave the blighters in Rotherham

Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:52 pm

The club should have flown the fans home from Preston and shoved the players on the budget coaches instead.

Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:52 pm

englishbluebird wrote:They should fly to the next away match this time with a one way ticket.Leave the fuc!"!"ers in Rotherham

:lol:

Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:54 pm

Lawnmower wrote:Just a suggestion, but why doesn't the Forum sponsor a player.
I'd chip in £20. If another 34 do the same then that's a home shirt sorted.

I don't care which player it is, they all play for City.

Then maybe you could have a raffle or something amongst all that contributed for the shirt and/ or the night at the Player of the Year do.

you are joking aint you? these people are earning thousands a week, and you ask the run of the mill people to chip money in,stick your £20 in a help cancer box or another million other causes, not these wannabees :oops:

Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:09 pm

BaltimoreBlues wrote:Forget mega bus Tan can get a cheap mini bus on eBay and get Choo to be the driver

Better off with all getting "Aboard The CHOO CHOO TRAIN" ;)

Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:57 pm

I feel like it's obvious that the club needs our support now more than ever in the last 6/7 years.

I'll be there at Rotherham. Figures are shocking.

Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:53 am

ninianblue wrote:

Then maybe you could have a raffle or something amongst all that contributed for the shirt and/ or the night at the Player of the Year do.

you are joking aint you? these people are earning thousands a week, and you ask the run of the mill people to chip money in,stick your £20 in a help cancer box or another million other causes, not these wannabees :oops:

You could say that about every penny spent on football.
I support many charities , however I also see benefit for my local community in a successful football club and as a loyal fan will do what I can to help it.

This board is often criticised for hurting the club, nows the chance to show that the users of it want to help.

Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:12 am

Tim,
I sponsored Cardiff players from 1980-2002, the players appreciated it and the club did as well.
Now the club in my opinion are totally ignorant and the players attitudes for me are like they don't care.
I looked in Saturdays programme and 70% of the players are not sponsored etc
That tells me a lot, theres no appreciation and the price is outrageous and no consideration for the fan who works hard for his money,even the Supporters club have reduced there's.
I've spent enough money on Cardiff City and I still spend now,but theres No extra money coming from myself until the current regime have gone. :bluebird: :bluebird:

Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:07 am

ccfcsince62 wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:How much are the 2 puppets (choo and dalman) being paid?
Bet it's at least 200k each

From memory ( I will check tomorrow when I will have a copy of the accounts to hand) only one director is being paid, and total payments to directors around £100k so your guess is way out

Just had a look and no director took a salary from the club in the last published accounts for the year to 31 May 2015 (it was £90k paid out the year before). Ken Choo was not a director during that year and the rate of his pay will only have been disclosed in later accounts.

Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:22 am

ccfcsince62 wrote:
ccfcsince62 wrote:

From memory ( I will check tomorrow when I will have a copy of the accounts to hand) only one director is being paid, and total payments to directors around £100k so your guess is way out

Just had a look and no director took a salary from the club in the last published accounts for the year to 31 May 2015 (it was £90k paid out the year before). Ken Choo was not a director during that year and the rate of his pay will only have been disclosed in later accounts.

Thanks for this. Does chief executive have to be a director? Excuse my ignorance of all things financial?

Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:14 pm

ccfcsince62 wrote:
ccfcsince62 wrote:

Keith, I would also be interested in knowing what all the management in the club Nash, Choo etc earned as Ivw been told it's very high and expenses taken from our club as suppose to be high.

Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:33 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
ccfcsince62 wrote:
ccfcsince62 wrote:

Keith, I would also be interested in knowing what all the management in the club Nash, Choo etc earned as Ivw been told it's very high and expenses taken from our club as suppose to be high.

I think people in executive positions call it entertaining! Lol nobody does something for nothing - whether it's dining with a new player, paying for the Mrs car to be washed or that sordid little apartment you occasionally stay at they all claim it back.

Where do you think politicians got the ideas from

Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:15 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
ccfcsince62 wrote:
ccfcsince62 wrote:

Annis

Ken Choo has not been a director for very long but , now that he is , his pay will be disclosed in the accounts when they are published as no other director receives a salary.

I have no idea what an individual employee like Wayne Nash earns , have no wish to know , and it is none of my business. However , I would be totally shocked if it is anywhere near the £100k + that Peter Ridsdale put in place for his friend (and former fellow Leeds United director) when he appointed him General Stadium Manager. Also gave his company a contract as part of the fit out of the stadium catering areas.

Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:23 pm

Blue_Barber wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
ccfcsince62 wrote:
ccfcsince62 wrote:

I think people in executive positions call it entertaining! Lol nobody does something for nothing - whether it's dining with a new player, paying for the Mrs car to be washed or that sordid little apartment you occasionally stay at they all claim it back.

Where do you think politicians got the ideas from

During Tans era many have made a lot of money from our club.

Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:25 pm

ccfcsince62 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
ccfcsince62 wrote:
ccfcsince62 wrote:

Annis

Ken Choo has not been a director for very long but , now that he is , his pay will be disclosed in the accounts when they are published as no other director receives a salary.

I have no idea what an individual employee like Wayne Nash earns , have no wish to know , and it is none of my business. However , I would be totally shocked if it is anywhere near the £100k + that Peter Ridsdale put in place for his friend (and former fellow Leeds United director) when he appointed him General Stadium Manager. Also gave his company a contract as part of the fit out of the stadium catering areas.

Cheers Keith, the reason why I am interested, I have heard so many rumours,so many stories that during the first five years, other people and not Tan of course have made quite a lot of money out of our club.

Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:04 pm

Hopefully saadi can do well for us but isn't he scoring goals where Fred scored 20 odd goals?

Massive difference in leagues

Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:13 pm

There's a few I would sponsor to not wear the fuckin shirt.

Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:25 pm

griff105 wrote:There's a few I would sponsor to not wear the fuckin shirt.
:lol: :lol:

Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:48 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Tim,
I sponsored Cardiff players from 1980-2002, the players appreciated it and the club did as well.
Now the club in my opinion are totally ignorant and the players attitudes for me are like they don't care.
That tells me a lot, theres no appreciation and the price is outrageous and no consideration for the fan who works hard for his money,even the Supporters club have reduced there's.
I've spent enough money on Cardiff City and I still spend now,but theres No extra money coming from myself until the current regime have gone. :bluebird: :bluebird:

Im sure the players would appreciate it now too.
Your choice. At the end of the day of local people don't get behind the club then we can have no complaint it Tan doesn't bother either.

As for the Supporters Club, that will just be down to a reduction in members in the last few years.

If this board isn't going to do anything I'll just do something myself

Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:56 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Tim,

Your choice. At the end of the day of local people don't get behind the club then we can have no complaint it Tan doesn't bother either.

As for the Supporters Club, that will just be down to a reduction in members in the last few years.

Tim, you had the cheek to blame this board for whats happened by Tan and Co,but then have the cheek to ask us to sponsor players.
I had a season ticket for 43 consecutive seasons, followed City when we would take 11 away fans, supported City when we were at deaths door and paid for match balls,shirts,games, etc etc.
I still travel back from Spain and pay money through the turnstiles, etc

I've Never ever stopped going through bad or good days, yet I know you stopped for many years,but I was not go to bring that up.
Each to there own.

As far as I am concerned I have put enough money in to watching City and I don't have to prove my loyalty to you or no one else,especially those who do stop for a season or seasons.

You can do what you want,I look forward to seeing your name in the programme for the next home game,but without a doubt you will not see mine and be pressured by someone like you.
Go and have ago at the fans who have stopped going through bad results. :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluescarf:

Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:29 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Tim,

Tim,Glad we cleared it up over pm's, as friends should not fall out over difference of opinions :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:33 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Gareth,

My view its the people at the top like Nash and Choo etc costing us a lot of money.
But Choo for Tan is doing a great job in the cost cutting etc

The people in the advertising department need to start earning their money.

The plane journeys need to stop NOW.

make the players drive there own flashy cars provided by there over paid undeserved wages...

players get to fly in luxury while fans scrimp and save and pay the high prices of ticket and coach ravel... put some free coaches on and send the players by road

Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:39 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Tim,

Tim,Glad we cleared it up over pm's, as friends should not fall out over difference of opinions :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Totally agree.

Still on the same side even if we see it differently.

Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:39 pm

bluemoon wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Gareth,

My view its the people at the top like Nash and Choo etc costing us a lot of money.
But Choo for Tan is doing a great job in the cost cutting etc

The people in the advertising department need to start earning their money.

The plane journeys need to stop NOW.

make the players drive there own flashy cars provided by there over paid undeserved wages...

players get to fly in luxury while fans scrimp and save and pay the high prices of ticket and coach ravel... put some free coaches on and send the players by road

I wish we could go back to those days :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:50 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Tim,

Tim, you had the cheek to blame this board for whats happened by Tan and Co,but then have the cheek to ask us to sponsor players.
I had a season ticket for 43 consecutive seasons, followed City when we would take 11 away fans, supported City when we were at deaths door and paid for match balls,shirts,games, etc etc.
I still travel back from Spain and pay money through the turnstiles, etc

I've Never ever stopped going through bad or good days, yet I know you stopped for many years,but I was not go to bring that up.
Each to there own.

As far as I am concerned I have put enough money in to watching City and I don't have to prove my loyalty to you or no one else,especially those who do stop for a season or seasons.

You can do what you want,I look forward to seeing your name in the programme for the next home game,but without a doubt you will not see mine and be pressured by someone like you.
Go and have ago at the fans who have stopped going through bad results. :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluescarf:

Just to clear it up Annis in case anyone gets the wrong idea.
As explained in PMs, I put the sponsorship thing as a positive- for the Forum, not as a dig. That's not my style.
I certainly wasn't 'this board' for the club's woes with my suggestion. I also wasn't suggesting you sponsor it personally.

Also I didn't stop coming.. I lived away for 6 years, but still made some home and lots of away and also played rugby or football for many years and only went to mid weeks and about 1/4 of Saturday's.

I can remember missing one when I could have come v Rochdale, midweek in the dungeon, and felt really bad about it when I listened to it on the radio later.

I haven't missed a serious home game I could make since and get to as many aways as possible too.
There are plenty who do more than me and full respect to them, but that one day apart I've been a very loyal supporter.