Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What will the result be of Southampton v Cardiff City?

Poll ended at Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:00 pm

Southampton win (4/7)
57%
Cardiff City win (9/2)
14%
Draw (3/1)
29%

Total votes : 21

Re: MATCH THREAD: “ SOUTHAMPTON v CARDIFF CITY “ MATCH THREA

Sat Dec 02, 2023 3:24 pm

Underhill1927 wrote:Sadly this has been coming for a while. The players just seem to have no energy and no plan B.

Simon, let's not get too carried away; our players have performed minor miracles this season to date and we should stay behind them...

A difficult start against a very good side and a chance to see our team's 'character'

LATEST SCORE: SOUTHAMPTON 2 - 0 CARDIFF CITY (21 mins)

Sat Dec 02, 2023 3:26 pm

cardiffboy1995 wrote:
BluebirdReigns wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:What a goal

1nil Southampton

Don’t tell Bulut will say it’s a lucky goal

You are definitely turning on him.

I think others won’t be far behind.

Can’t blame Bulut. He’s done absolutely amazing with what he’s had to work with.

My only criticism, is I don’t know what Colwill has to do to get a start!

Bulut needs reinforcements, and this is proving it. Personally I think Leeds, Leicester and Southampton are all clicking now. All three are steps ahead of any other team in the league!

100% agree

Sat Dec 02, 2023 3:26 pm

Sven wrote:
Underhill1927 wrote:Sadly this has been coming for a while. The players just seem to have no energy and no plan B.

Simon, let's not get too carried away; our players have performed minor miracles this season to date and we should stay behind them...

A difficult start against a very good side and a chance to see our team's 'character'

Love this post too. I hope people heed this excellent advice.

Sat Dec 02, 2023 3:27 pm

Morison would have hauled a couple off by now :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sat Dec 02, 2023 3:29 pm

cardiffboy1995 wrote:
BluebirdReigns wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:What a goal

1nil Southampton

Don’t tell Bulut will say it’s a lucky goal

You are definitely turning on him.

I think others won’t be far behind.

Can’t blame Bulut. He’s done absolutely amazing with what he’s had to work with.

My only criticism, is I don’t know what Colwill has to do to get a start!

Bulut needs reinforcements, and this is proving it. Personally I think Leeds, Leicester and Southampton are all clicking now. All three are steps ahead of any other team in the league!

Annis is not against Erol Bulut; he just wants honesty from his post-match comments...

LATEST SCORE: SOUTHAMPTON 2 - 0 CARDIFF CITY (25 mins)

Sat Dec 02, 2023 3:33 pm

Sven wrote:

I’m basing it on a few performances, particularly the last two home games. As soon as West Brom scored I knew we wouldn’t.

I agree with another poster about Colwill, he’s the only player that tries to create anything.

Sat Dec 02, 2023 3:35 pm

We are getting back into the game and have had a few good chances but just not taking our chances. Da Ja Vu anyone?

Sat Dec 02, 2023 3:36 pm

We all appreciate that City aren’t worldbeaters. Thats why we need to play our best 11, and we need to battle.
Our goalie should beAlnwick and our attack should not include Robinson. :banghead: :banghead: :bluebird:

Sat Dec 02, 2023 3:36 pm

Jamilu Collins at fault for first goal but we play 'as a team' and the reaction has been good...

Yakou Meite goes down in the box and it was a definite penalty but 'The Yak' is too honest and the referee makes the wrong decision by not awarding...

The Bluebirds on the up right now and the response very good... :ayatollah:

LATEST SCORE: SOUTHAMPTON 2 - 0 CARDIFF CITY (40 mins)

Sat Dec 02, 2023 3:44 pm

City come on

It could be 3-4 nil to Southampton

Sat Dec 02, 2023 3:44 pm

Yakou Meite is floored by the Saints keeper, as the Bluebirds mount another attack...

'Jack' Russell Martin and Erol Bulut in heated discussion, as the debate over the 'challenge' goes on but it looks like the keeper got to the ball with his head first...

Karlan Grant tried to 'chip' the loose ball in to no avail...

LATEST SCORE: SOUTHAMPTON 2 - 0 CARDIFF CITY (400 mins)

Sat Dec 02, 2023 3:46 pm

Sven wrote:Yakou Meite is floored by the Saints keeper, as the Bluebirds mount another attack...

'Jack' Russell Martin and Erol Bulut in heated discussion, as the debate over the 'challenge' goes on but it looks like the keeper got to the ball with his head first...

Karlan Grant tried to 'chip' the loose ball in to no avail...

LATEST SCORE: SOUTHAMPTON 2 - 0 CARDIFF CITY (400 mins)

Bloody hell Sven, I know we aren’t prolific but even we’d score in 400 mins

Sat Dec 02, 2023 3:46 pm

Goalie dealt poorly with a cross, put it onto the head of their centre foward…. Should have been 3-0! :banghead: :banghead:

Sat Dec 02, 2023 3:50 pm

We have responded well after going 2-0 down, let’s just hope we can keep this up second half.

Can’t fault the players for the effort they’ve made trying to get back into the game!

Sat Dec 02, 2023 3:52 pm

2 all this.

Get your money on.

Sat Dec 02, 2023 3:52 pm

We have had our chances of late. We need that striker.

Sat Dec 02, 2023 3:53 pm

Awful start by us.

But we did grow into the game and caused them problems out wide.

Asking a lot to get a result but hopefully we continue that improvement.

I'd like to say a great start by the Saints rather than a poor start from the Bluebirds but that wouldn't properly reflect how we allowed the Saints to come on to us at will...

The Bluebirds have done a lot better since going 2-0 down and should have had a penalty but the referee was not interested mainly due to Yakou Meite's 'honesty' in trying to play on...

Saints are a bit susceptible on the wings and other chances have come but so far, no one has found the net...

HALF-TIME SCORE: SOUTHAMPTON 2 - 0 CARDIFF CITY (45+ 5 mins)

Need that main striker, I like Yak but he's not an out and out striker etc like Moore for example.

We have had some chances just can't take them, also looked like a pen on my TV

Sat Dec 02, 2023 3:55 pm

Lengee wrote:Goalie dealt poorly with a cross, put it onto the head of their centre foward…. Should have been 3-0! :banghead: :banghead:

Dropping Alnwick for Runarrson is such a poor decision from Bulut.

Sat Dec 02, 2023 3:57 pm

How Meite is a starter is beyond me, lovely lad and probably an option from the bench but we are playing with 10 in all honesty.

Can't see Robinson being with us after this window, he just doesn't do anything apart from jog around and slow down when with tackling distance of the opponent.

Sat Dec 02, 2023 3:58 pm

A pity Grant didnt take a decent chance just before the break. It would have mfe it very interesting. But at least Grant Meite and Bowler have worked hard upfront. I’d be surprised it Bulut doesnt make a change half time.

Sat Dec 02, 2023 4:04 pm

llan bluebird wrote:How Meite is a starter is beyond me, lovely lad and probably an option from the bench but we are playing with 10 in all honesty.

Can't see Robinson being with us after this window, he just doesn't do anything apart from jog around and slow down when with tackling distance of the opponent.

Spot on. Never challenges or tackles, but waves his arms around a lot!! Glad someone agrees with me on Robinson. Still I hope he can score 2nd half

Sat Dec 02, 2023 4:16 pm

Thank god January is not far away and we can spend again. I think we have been extremely lucky with our football and there are chinks in the armour definitely showing now.

Sat Dec 02, 2023 4:18 pm

How long before we call the game off with the fog?
Must be rules on this lol

Sat Dec 02, 2023 4:19 pm

Robinson finally subbed off, not had a good game again.

Sat Dec 02, 2023 4:19 pm

All Southampton again at the start of the second half and another goal disallowed for offside...

The mist is closing in on St Mary's and looking gloomy; but the Bluebirds are moving forward from the wings and the first change is made...

Rubin Colwill on for Callum Robinson...

LATEST SCORE: SOUTHAMPTON 2 - 0 CARDIFF CITY 54 mins)

Sat Dec 02, 2023 4:21 pm

Funny.
In two touches, Rubin has done more than Robbo did in 50 minutes!

Sat Dec 02, 2023 4:22 pm

:bluebird: :bluebird: :thumbup: Thank goodnessBulut has taken CR off

Sat Dec 02, 2023 4:23 pm

Nearly an amazing goal by Grant.

Brilliant run and his shot curls inches wide.