Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ‘ Willie McKay settlement ‘

Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:17 pm

It's odd that Nantes are not seeming able to disclose their dealings/paper)digital trail as evidence, I wonder if they've destroyed/deleted it as their owner has a track record of shady deals as has recently been indicted again for them?

We don't have the facts or are experts, nobody knows if we will win but a lot said we wouldn't win the insurance case so who knows? Maybe Nantes will settle out of court as a full court case may result in more dirt coming to the surface on other deals etc?

The owner was recently indicted for using illegal agents and also money laundering, I reckon we are pursuing this as he's already being done for illegal agents, and that's what McKay was in effect, as he was doing the work but behind his sons company as he was struck off at that time, so he's already proven to have done this sort of thing.

McKay has bleated info today and out of court and will provide documentation of his dealings with Nantes, as that, in French employment law, proves he was in their employ Vicariously and that Nantes are responsible, as he was their employee. ES was our player but an employee of Nantes arranged the flight, so they are now responsible for damages as McKay doesn't have the funds, which had to be exhausted as an option in the judicial process.

WM is an active agent again and repping Turkish clubs, he's today agreed to give the Nantes deal trail evidence as he still wants to operate and also protect his sons agency biz, he's got nothing more to lose apart from this, which is their future, and giving this evidence helps him to do that. He's a nasty bit of work and IMHO should have been banned from ever being an agent again.

And before anyone accuses me of being a Tan lover, I'm not, his days expired many years ago and those who know me on here know that. But I can't blame him for going through this process as WM and Nantes are utter c@nts.

The tragic shame in all of this is that the pilot complained to his friend that the plane wasn't fit to fly on the night over and was worried about the flight back, he said it wasn't airworthy and also wasn't licensed for night flights. All he had to was refuse to fly it and none of this would have happened. Why didn't he just tell ES that the plane has faults and that the flight is off?

Birds of a feather, flock together and whilst dodgy Nantes, who elected dodgy agents to do dodgy deals and arrange dodgy flights didn't mean for this to happen, but did. And it's all down to all those involved. Its their fault.

And remember, City set up and contributed significantly to a family fund that both dodgy Nantes and it's dodgy agents refused to contribute too, despite them making multi millions from ES. This proves to me what shitehouses they are, and if I was City, I'd rip their eyes out.

Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:41 pm

Well said

Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:27 pm

Let's not forget that the numerous court cases had to occur in a certain order.

Judgements had to be obtained so that the next phase could take place.

The player ownership judgement did not indicate blame, it just advised as to HOW the clubs legal team went after compensation and from who.

Obviously if the ownership judgement had gone the other way then it would be over now, but it was NOT the end of the journey.

Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:37 pm

Well stated Paul and I agree with your view and sentiments.

Annis - You rightly point out that we lost the "football" court cases, judged on football matters alone!!! but fail to acknowledge that we are winning the "civil" cases.

It must be obvious to you Annis that this was a process the club had to pursue in order to get the end result.

I get it that you despise Tan and all he stands for, but surely you must be able to see that on this matter he has MORE than a point and pursuance of the matter in the civil courts is the right thing to do? :bluebird:

Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:02 am

TheHangedMan wrote:Well stated Paul and I agree with your view and sentiments.

Annis - You rightly point out that we lost the "football" court cases, judged on football matters alone!!! but fail to acknowledge that we are winning the "civil" cases.

It must be obvious to you Annis that this was a process the club had to pursue in order to get the end result.

I get it that you despise Tan and all he stands for, but surely you must be able to see that on this matter he has MORE than a point and pursuance of the matter in the civil courts is the right thing to do? :bluebird:

Cheers Jim, hope all good with you.

I'm no fan of VT, his time here was over for me years ago in terms of taking us forward, I don't hate him, he just needs to move him and us on. I can't blame him for pursuing this to its conclusion even if its after he eventually moves on from us. And it's only cheap gutter press hacks like that parochial gog wrote in the Daily Fail that slags us out, even the wider football world are seeing what a sack of shite that Nantes and it's associates really are as more details have been revealed as the judicial process evolves.

As said, the real shame is that all the pilot had to do is say that the plane was not airworthy for the flight and after he called his friend to tell him it wasn't. Why on earth would you then get in a plane that you've already described as not being not up to the flight back and said to his friend that he was concerned about it's safety and that it wouldn't make it back?

Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:02 am

Jim,

What lie and make out Sala was not ours???
Shocking and unbelievable by you of all people

Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:11 am

After we lose this court case once again the same people will just disappear as usual once again

Remember we are now taking a private / civil case as all the fifa / supreme courts judged against us, they can’t All be wrong.

More money and time wasted , same postets will say keep going , Tans right, but totally disappear every time we lost a major case.
Usual group , unbelievable really.

Remember Tan said Sala was not our player , same lot shockingly backed Tan.

And are back until once again we lose more money.

All guess work by the usual suspects.

Three major world bodies found against us.

Willie Mckay was best mates with Warnock and we had his sons playing for us.

Warnock for me was a great manager, but I have known for a long time he was best mates with McKay.

I think you will find that the clubs are not at fault, but people Hmmmmmmmmm?

Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:28 am

Wayne S wrote:Let's not forget that the numerous court cases had to occur in a certain order.

Judgements had to be obtained so that the next phase could take place.

The player ownership judgement did not indicate blame, it just advised as to HOW the clubs legal team went after compensation and from who.

Obviously if the ownership judgement had gone the other way then it would be over now, but it was NOT the end of the journey.

Well said,some people don't wanna see this though.

Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:03 am

GrangeEndStar, very well put and exactly as I see it.

Nantes offices were raided and pcs and files confiscated.

I believe the reason the pilot took the flight was down to debt.

Apart from the deaths of TWO human beings the saddest part of this is that certain people want the club to fail due to blind hatred of one man.
Ps. So much for NW being the Messiah, funny how some of his biggest fans are now turning on him.

Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:18 am

What I find interesting is that McKay has suddenly decided to become a star witness in this case. What leverage did we have over him? Why is he suddenly being so helpful? By all accounts the guy has nothing to lose. Did he suddenly find a moral compass? I think not...

Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:55 am

JB1 wrote:What I find interesting is that McKay has suddenly decided to become a star witness in this case. What leverage did we have over him? Why is he suddenly being so helpful? By all accounts the guy has nothing to lose. Did he suddenly find a moral compass? I think not...

Hes bang to rights that he acted as Nantes selling agent the evidence is there the letter he sent sala is in the public domain , Nantes will.settle out of court on this .

Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:00 am

What are the FA rules if we had signed a player and it turned out that the selling club had used a unregistered agent, does that club get a points deduction, fine, and is the players contract nul and void because of unlawful action by the selling club.

Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:16 pm

Forever Blue wrote:..... Remember we are now taking a private / civil case as all the fifa / supreme courts judged against us, they can’t All be wrong. .....

None of them were wrong, Sala was ours, but those judgements concerned ownership.

The cases brought SINCE the club accepted ownership and paid Nante, are all about who is responsible for the tragedy.

Two totally different situations.

Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:27 pm

JB1 wrote:What I find interesting is that McKay has suddenly decided to become a star witness in this case. What leverage did we have over him? Why is he suddenly being so helpful? By all accounts the guy has nothing to lose. Did he suddenly find a moral compass? I think not...

Willie McLies has no moral compass

Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:40 pm

Jock wrote:

Willie McLies has no moral compass

We knew he was lying; his lips moved...! :lol:

Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:47 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Jim,

What lie and make out Sala was not ours???
Shocking and unbelievable by you of all people

But that’s where you are wrong.

The footballing/sport tribunals have decided that Sala was our player, and we have to accept that now.

However, what the argument is now, as i understand it, is that how he became “our player” was flawed and that is subject to civil law. Given the history on Nantes and McKay that is a massively arguable point which makes it wholly right that we pursue this.

I can’t say whether we’ll win or not but things are shifting in the clubs favour lately.

As for all the other cases, they had to happen first otherwise the civil courts would have just thrown out the case. You have to go through all the right channels in the right order.

An example would be if you thought you were wrongly dismissed from a job you can’t even commence a case in the Employment Tribunal until you’ve exhausted all the internal processes of the people you are claiming against.

So, as I have argued all along, these cases have all been necessary to get to this point. I wouldn’t like to bet on the outcome (I’m not an expert on French law !!) but I have a feeling we’re entering the end game and some people might be surprised at the final position.

Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:40 pm

Well said, it's always been about the bigger picture and I think it's not so much about money now but Mr Tan clearing out name .

Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:49 pm

Could Tan end up owning a large chunk or all of FC Nantes if as I'm sure I read on this thread they could opt for the bankruptcy route??

Their owner(s) might just cut n run - is that possible?

I'm not a legal mind by any stretch. Just pondering out loud.

Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:10 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
JB1 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:We all know the bloke is financially bent.

I blame the club on a lot of things, but can’t blame them for the stuff this bloke has done.

He’s a mate of Warnock’s. I was told this days after the Sala news and said it on here but was slated.

Fact is Warnock and this leech were and have been in it together.

My opinion is he should be in prison for life, he heavily contributed to the death of an innocent individual.

Worcester. It’s not a case of Nantes “doing wrong” it’s about Nantes being liable for the actions of their agent.
If you were in a taxi and the self employed driver caused an accident resulting in you being injured or dying. Would your family say don’t bother suing the driver as he’s only on a a basic income and won’t have an assets? Or would they put a claim into the Taxi co, who he is subbing for? That’s the basic principle of this.

I think we’ve got a chance to recover some serious money here. From those are responsible and should be legally responsible.

Spot on Ned.

But don’t forget Willie Mckays two Sons were in our U21’s team and Warnock was his mate.

I will say it again as I did say we would lose all the Legal Court Cases ( I was proven right on everyone one of them) , Nantes will not be found guilty of any of this as he was not their player when he went back to France, they are liable for nothing.

Sala went back of his own accord and did it for his own personal reasons.

Don’t forget for two yrs our board try to deny Emiliano Sala was not our player.

Nantes are not liable for Sala after he became our player.

I dont agree with you at all , premier league and pfa still don't think he was our player but this case isn't about if he was our player or not it's moved on since then , it's the use of unlicensed agents and the liability of that .

https://cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopi ... 2&t=204226

You did not agree with me before every Court Case and we lost All three.

We are having to do any Civil (private) Court Case as we lost all the others.

This will be costly to us and We won’t win.

I will leave it there as I did all those other cases.

https://cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopi ... 2&t=204226

Annis we won against the insurance company , we've won aginst McKay today these are now civil courts and are nothing to do with player registration. These out of court settlements are coz the likelihood is that we have a case I have no doubt that Nantes will end upbsettling out of court due to McKays involvement the evidence is damming .

McKay was to demand to see all the paper work and rightly so.

The insurance company tried to say we had not insured Sala properly, we never got the full value

You can't argue we lost these cases. You reckon it was £10 million.. should the club not have bothered? With McKays evidence, it'll be interesting to see where this goes..

It’ll go nowhere.

There is zero evidence of Nantes doing any wrong in this situation.

They’re corrupt in other ways but not this.

Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:19 pm

rontom wrote:What are the FA rules if we had signed a player and it turned out that the selling club had used a unregistered agent, does that club get a points deduction, fine, and is the players contract nul and void because of unlawful action by the selling club.

No mate. I read a Guardian article from back at the time of it happening and apparently the league confirmed it’s not us that contravened illegal agents, but Nantes, because they said McKay was employed by Nantes.

Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:23 pm

I would assume what he has to lose now is his new football agent’s licence, his son’s business and the potential of vinny bankrupting him for a a 2nd time. It looks to me like he’s turned queens evidence to save his income and lifestyle. For now!

Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:26 pm

Wayne S wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:..... Remember we are now taking a private / civil case as all the fifa / supreme courts judged against us, they can’t All be wrong. .....

None of them were wrong, Sala was ours, but those judgements concerned ownership.

The cases brought SINCE the club accepted ownership and paid Nante, are all about who is responsible for the tragedy.

Two totally different situations.

Sadly, the PFA and Premier League never accepted he was our player. According to Steve Borley the other month the PFA have paid out on player’s insurance for him. Which seems extremely harsh by the PFA.

Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:15 pm

Simplesimon wrote:

I would assume what he has to lose now is his new football agent’s licence, his son’s business and the potential of vinny bankrupting him for a a 2nd time. It looks to me like he’s turned queens evidence to save his income and lifestyle. For now!

My concern is that we're hearing it was an 'out of court settlement' and a 'deal was done' the details of which will remain confidential. McKay's only motivation is greed, I just hope we haven't paid him to hand over the evidence.

Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:24 am

JB1 wrote:
Simplesimon wrote:

My concern is that we're hearing it was an 'out of court settlement' and a 'deal was done' the details of which will remain confidential. McKay's only motivation is greed, I just hope we haven't paid him to hand over the evidence.

I doubt it mate.What he got in my estimation was the ability to carry on as an agent and claim innocence, both of which he would not have been able to do with a conviction. In return I dare say we got the documents that proves he was acting for Nantes in some capacity which he wasn't obliged to give in a football court.