Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Are you happy with Cardiff City’s New Assistant Manager?

Fri Jun 14, 2024 6:32 am

That makes a lot of sense Sven. He's well regarded as you say and can only add positive things for us.

Fri Jun 14, 2024 7:07 am

Sven wrote:
Paul Keevil wrote:In answer to Pantmawr question I have looked at the main CCFC website (Management) and it still shows Karydas is still there as Assistant Coach.

I suspect that the role JR is coming into is a similar position to that of Karydas, maybe sat in between the two, concentrating on coaching and also concentrating a little on those additional management tasks Bulut wishes to offload.

It does make sense. Not only is he getting an extra coach but he is also freeing himself up from paperwork which, as we all know, gets in the way.

Paul, my understanding is that James Rowberry has been brought back in as ‘an’Assistant, not ‘the’ Assistant; much in line with Erol Bukut’s request to the Board

I personally don’t see anything but positivity in this move, as he was highly valued in his previous role at the CCS

Just a shame so many just seem to want to jump on the negativity bandwagon regardless of known fact :roll:

So the people losing there minds are wrong again he's to assist the team already here ? .ie another coach ?.

Fri Jun 14, 2024 7:43 am

Couldn’t care less to be honest.

Fri Jun 14, 2024 9:30 am

Backstop

Fri Jun 14, 2024 9:30 am

Underhill1927 wrote:Couldn’t care less to be honest.

Snap. After the manager, my interest drops off.

Fri Jun 14, 2024 11:41 am

wez1927 wrote:
Sven wrote:
Paul Keevil wrote:In answer to Pantmawr question I have looked at the main CCFC website (Management) and it still shows Karydas is still there as Assistant Coach.

I suspect that the role JR is coming into is a similar position to that of Karydas, maybe sat in between the two, concentrating on coaching and also concentrating a little on those additional management tasks Bulut wishes to offload.

It does make sense. Not only is he getting an extra coach but he is also freeing himself up from paperwork which, as we all know, gets in the way.

Paul, my understanding is that James Rowberry has been brought back in as ‘an’Assistant, not ‘the’ Assistant; much in line with Erol Bukut’s request to the Board

I personally don’t see anything but positivity in this move, as he was highly valued in his previous role at the CCS

Just a shame so many just seem to want to jump on the negativity bandwagon regardless of known fact :roll:

So the people losing there minds are wrong again he's to assist the team already here ? .ie another coach ?.

Wez, I'm not sure who are (quote) "losing their minds" and I'm not sure what 'role' James will play

What I do know is that Erol Bulut asked for a larger coaching team and it looks like he has one

James Rowberry is well regarded within the club, so it makes sense for him to come back and we need now is to know where/how he will fit in to Erol Bulut's regime

As for the title 'assistant', I'm with those that think it's just a job spec title and of no major significance, as there can be more than one :ayatollah:

Tue Jun 18, 2024 2:14 pm

Sven wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Sven wrote:

Wez, I'm not sure who are (quote) "losing their minds" and I'm not sure what 'role' James will play

What I do know is that Erol Bulut asked for a larger coaching team and it looks like he has one

James Rowberry is well regarded within the club, so it makes sense for him to come back and we need now is to know where/how he will fit in to Erol Bulut's regime

As for the title 'assistant', I'm with those that think it's just a job spec title and of no major significance, as there can be more than one :ayatollah:

First team coach, however complications have arisen and the deal has not gone through, and may or may not even happen. the board want more coaches with championship experience, which Bulut is supposed to be happy with as he wants more coaches anyways.

Tue Jun 18, 2024 3:43 pm

Well at this moment it’s all been stalled and there are a few problems to be sorted out.

Wed Jun 19, 2024 3:40 pm

Updated:

James Rowberry won't be re-joining Cardiff coaching staff. Thought he was exactly what was needed.
Bulut has decided he wants to chose his own assistant.
I am happy with this decision.