Re: New striker ?????

Sat Jul 13, 2024 9:15 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:
montyblue wrote:
MillenniumNova wrote:
montyblue wrote:
MillenniumNova wrote:
montyblue wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:Let's learn from last season - We need a striker in before the season starts ...

Lets hope its not just issac davies but we do have 2 wonder strikers still on the books though etete and meite
Seriously i would have thought this would hsve been our first signing as we have known this is where we failed last season and any targets we have are no materialising
it begs the question where are the millions promised or needed to back the manager fully
all we have so far is loans replacing the loans we lost in Philips grant and bowler

Never seen someone as negative as yourself on this board haha.

Would be nice if the first signing was a striker, but we need multiple positions. Doesn’t matter who comes first, we probably are looking at several targets for striker, but so is everyone else. Competition for this position is immense with so little proven players. It may be a case of a couple of hopeful players come in and one of them becomes a great player for us.

Yes heard it all before mate we been looking for a striker for about 5 season and people like you said exactly the same we are looking
I don' t doubt we are looking its not rocket science we need a striker ha ha.

We have been under an embargo for a long time, hard to get a good striker who is a free agent.

Let’s see how it is this summer now we can spend again. If we want a good striker, we have to pay for one Hopefully there’s no issues with FFP and we can get a decent player and still fill the other many needs we have.

Yes did notice as a fan we have been under an embargo but we could have loaned moore last season so not that difficult but we would not match what ipswich offered ?

I must say Monty, you do come across as a bit depressed with life, the universe and everything.

Some people see the glass as half full, others half empty, but you come across as if you haven't even got a glass.....or maybe somebody nicked it! How unlucky......... :bluebird:

Sorry if i come over negative all i want is for city to be top dog but we seem to struggle every year.
I want us to be up there with the best so apologies if i depress eveyone.perhaps i should just see how we end up.

Sun Jul 14, 2024 10:39 am

Welshman in CA wrote:
New Day Rising wrote:If any are injury prone they are nailed on signings

You must be a joy to behold at parties. :D

Yes sadly I sit in the corner mumbling about the glory years,the parties are usually ( limp ) affairs anyway ... lol

Sun Jul 14, 2024 12:01 pm

I'd rather us take some time when buying a striker.

For the first time in a while we are allowed to spend money on one.

We need to make sure they fit the style of play, and would be a good addition.

That takes time - I'd rather that than spend 3m or 4m on a player quickly, just to say we have, rather than assessing options and making a good choice.

Doesn't matter when, as long as its in time for the start of the season.

Sun Jul 14, 2024 12:06 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:I'd rather us take some time when buying a striker.

For the first time in a while we are allowed to spend money on one.

We need to make sure they fit the style of play, and would be a good addition.

That takes time - I'd rather that than spend 3m or 4m on a player quickly, just to say we have, rather than assessing options and making a good choice.

Doesn't matter when, as long as its in time for the start of the season.

Good post. Need to get this one right.

ORCHARD BLUEBIRD wrote:If he's good as is dad ( showing my age here ) go get him BULET

You have answered the question I was about to ask.

I think he was in the Forest side that got relegated under Dave Bassett. Bassett was not impressed by him.

New Day Rising wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:
New Day Rising wrote:If any are injury prone they are nailed on signings

You must be a joy to behold at parties. :D

Yes sadly I sit in the corner mumbling about the glory years,the parties are usually ( limp ) affairs anyway ... lol

Feck me, glory years.You must be old AF :lol: :lol: