Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: O/T Joe Biden stands down as candidate

Mon Jul 22, 2024 5:09 pm

The nasty truth is if it wasn't for the the USA, Putin would have taken all of Ukraine very quickly, there is a small section who believe they are Russian, Russian is their language like English is to us.

I remember reading a book during my history A level comparing the tactics and psychology of WW1. When it started the Generals were still using tactics from the American Civil War some 50 years earlier, by the end, the worlds first industrialised war changed everyone's outlook and the tactics had to change very quickly.

I think we have allowed it to go this far to see where the Russian's equipment and tactics are as a learning exercise, as the one the Yanks are preparing for is their richer but war novice allies, China.

If we take the Nuclear threat away, Russia has been exposed as second rate. We haven't given Ukraine our latest generation tech, we have lent them the older stuff and it's been devastating. Basic drones with sidewinders have taken out their best tanks. Sea drones have taken out frigates. Warfare is changing again, infantry and Navys appear to be sitting ducks.

This is like Iraq's massive army that was wiped out in 4 days with the West's best gear. I bet NATO has learned all it needs and is making plans

I think we have been walking a tightrope though, if Ukraine goes on the front foot with F-16s, (the yanks would never sell their best tech F-35's) this may escalate, Russia still has its best soldier stationed at home in case of a coup d'état. Ukraine will soon run out of military volunteers, conscription is on its way and people don't like sending their kids to the meat grinder.

We need to negotiate this out.

Re: O/T Joe Biden stands down as candidate

Wed Jul 24, 2024 7:47 am

llan bluebird wrote:The nasty truth is if it wasn't for the the USA, Putin would have taken all of Ukraine very quickly, there is a small section who believe they are Russian, Russian is their language like English is to us.

I remember reading a book during my history A level comparing the tactics and psychology of WW1. When it started the Generals were still using tactics from the American Civil War some 50 years earlier, by the end, the worlds first industrialised war changed everyone's outlook and the tactics had to change very quickly.

I think we have allowed it to go this far to see where the Russian's equipment and tactics are as a learning exercise, as the one the Yanks are preparing for is their richer but war novice allies, China.

If we take the Nuclear threat away, Russia has been exposed as second rate. We haven't given Ukraine our latest generation tech, we have lent them the older stuff and it's been devastating. Basic drones with sidewinders have taken out their best tanks. Sea drones have taken out frigates. Warfare is changing again, infantry and Navys appear to be sitting ducks.

This is like Iraq's massive army that was wiped out in 4 days with the West's best gear. I bet NATO has learned all it needs and is making plans

I think we have been walking a tightrope though, if Ukraine goes on the front foot with F-16s, (the yanks would never sell their best tech F-35's) this may escalate, Russia still has its best soldier stationed at home in case of a coup d'état. Ukraine will soon run out of military volunteers, conscription is on its way and people don't like sending their kids to the meat grinder.

We need to negotiate this out.

Serious question - are these just your opinions or are you basing this from knowledge or a source?