Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Dele ali

Fri Jul 12, 2024 9:07 pm

He played his last game while on loan with Besiktas back in February 2023 before returning to England in April to have a hip muscle injury assessed by Everton's medical staff. The problem was diagnosed to be a muscular partial avulsion that would require surgery and kept him out for the remainder of the 2022-23 season. Prior to going on loan, he had made only 13 appearances for Everton.

Last season, as he appeared close to a return following surgery last summer, the clubs held talks about the terms of his original transfer with pending performance payments falling due if he had gone on to make 20 appearances for Everton.

While no resolution was reached, the talks became redundant when the England international suffered an unfortunate setback with his groin injury that would prevent him from playing any part last season, and his contract with Everton duly lapsed at the end of June 2024.

In an interview in April, Dele said he wants to break back into the England squad before the 2026 World Cup.

“I know my level as a player and what I can get to. I know how good I can be when my head is in the right place and I’m feeling good,” Dele told Sky Sports.

Fri Jul 12, 2024 9:08 pm

“Obviously I’m disappointed with the injury right now but I’m excited to get playing. It’s hard for me to even watch football.

“It’s been tough for me, I’d say, this past eight months has been hard to watch. You know you can set reminders on your phone, I have a reminder at 11 o’clock every day that says, ‘World Cup 2026’. That’s my aim for now.

“I think that people will be like, ‘he hasn’t played in a year’ but I don’t care, I know my level. The only target I have is the World Cup right now.

“Obviously I’m injured and contracted to Everton and so my mind is just about taking it day by day and making sure my injury is healed and that I’m in the best possible condition after the summer.

“It’s annoying because I’ll be just fully training as the season ends so it means that I won’t have to rush it.”

Fri Jul 12, 2024 9:35 pm

BayBluebird wrote:Could just be picking up the New Jersey?

Best I've seen on here in ages

Fri Jul 12, 2024 10:03 pm

Dele, 28, is currently a free agent after his contract at Goodison Park expired and under the terms of the deal that brought him to the club Spurs would have been due a “significant fee” if he signed a new deal.

Tottenham are expected to retain a sell-on clause in any new agreement that would entitle them to a fee if Everton sold him in future.

The midfielder initially arrived in the 2022 January window for no up-front payment but with £10million due once he’d played 20 games – to date he has featured 13 times for the Toffees.

Sat Jul 13, 2024 6:01 pm

Silly season is fully under way

Sat Jul 13, 2024 8:26 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:Silly season is fully under way

Obviously it's the other Ali guy we may be signing and Chinese whispers to dele Ali

Sat Jul 13, 2024 9:00 pm

gwentbluebirds wrote:
BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:Silly season is fully under way

Obviously it's the other Ali guy we may be signing and Chinese whispers to dele Ali

They also do not look too dissimilar.

Mistaken identity?

Sun Jul 14, 2024 2:22 pm

Dele Ali was definitely not down the stadium not sure where these rumours come from at times

Sun Jul 14, 2024 8:43 pm

More likely looking to add a deli to the food options and the owners name is Ali

Sun Jul 14, 2024 9:27 pm

This has to be the most ridiculous rumour yet…why do people post this nonsense??

Sun Jul 14, 2024 9:50 pm

We've just signed yamals kid he's playing for u5s next year only 18months but we'll developed. So be in u21s by 9. Oh shit not meant to send this out yet

Sun Jul 14, 2024 9:56 pm

Honest question, why would a player be seen at the CCS?

Do we do much administration there? I thought the base was the Vale. I can't imagine many players we want to sign haven't played or seen the CCS.

We take photos on the pitch, but when players sign is that at the vale or CCS?

Sun Jul 14, 2024 10:04 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Honest question, why would a player be seen at the CCS?

Do we do much administration there? I thought the base was the Vale. I can't imagine many players we want to sign haven't played or seen the CCS.

We take photos on the pitch, but when players sign is that at the vale or CCS?

Think photos are at ground ... but guess players go to both locations Vale for medical ground for photos. But have doubts Ali was at ccfc to sign for us