Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Updated: Bid received for McGuiness?

Sun Jul 14, 2024 3:33 pm

Reply:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Bid received for McGuiness?

Sun Jul 14, 2024 3:45 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Yes it’s true The Board have received a bid for Mark Mcguiness and are thinking about it.

If we have ambition we should keep him as we need Quality players.

We are already selling Ebou Adams which I agree on.

Looks like more money coming in.

No excuses then not to Sign 2 Quality Strikers

Interesting, I did say in another post I wondered if Goutas or McGuinness would go because they’re too good to sit in the bench in the Championship.

At £5m you have to sell, get a decent young Prem CB on loan and spent the £5m on a decent strike force.

Sun Jul 14, 2024 4:01 pm

We also have ryarto tsunoda once back from injury

Sun Jul 14, 2024 4:29 pm

Pantmawr Bluebird wrote:Updated:

Arsenal have a sell-on clause on Mark McGuiness. I think 20%.

Cardiff would need around £4m-£5m to trigger any sale.

A couple of clubs circling for the young Irishman - one thought to be in the EPL another in the Championship.

The Bluebirds will likely offload Andy Rinamohta and Ryan Wintle too, if terms are acceptable.

Social media suggests we've received a bid for McGuiness?

I hope not, he's done well for us and will be in my opinion a big player this season

I thought he was a free signing out of contract with them ? .

Sun Jul 14, 2024 5:09 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Roath_Blue wrote:All well and good that Chambers has signed, but what teams who go up have, is depth.

We need to keep him, there will be injuries, players needing to be rested etc. We need the depth in the squad.

Hes also only 23 and will get even better than he has already been for us.

Annis, how much has been bid?

A couple of clubs circling for the young Irishman - one thought to be in the EPL another in the Championship.

The Bluebirds will likely offload Andy Rinamohta and Ryan Wintle too, if terms are acceptable.

Not sure what you've heard Annis but I got this last night

not sure how true Hull came in with a low ball offer of like £3.5m cash upfront and some add ones to make it upto around £4.8m. They just sold Greaves for something like £15m+ and the club are asking for around £6.5m up front and around £1.5m in bonus related add ons. Not sure how true

Sun Jul 14, 2024 5:19 pm

bluebird04 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Roath_Blue wrote:All well and good that Chambers has signed, but what teams who go up have, is depth.

We need to keep him, there will be injuries, players needing to be rested etc. We need the depth in the squad.

Hes also only 23 and will get even better than he has already been for us.

Annis, how much has been bid?

Not sure what you've heard Annis but I got this last night

not sure how true Hull came in with a low ball offer of like £3.5m cash upfront and some add ones to make it upto around £4.8m. They just sold Greaves for something like £15m+ and the club are asking for around £6.5m up front and around £1.5m in bonus related add ons. Not sure how true

Yes def City had a bid and turned it down and have said they want a lot more

Sun Jul 14, 2024 5:25 pm

Good to see the club playing hard ball & hopefully they're wanting a sell on % as well.

If he wants to go then we have to let him go, I don't think it shows a lack of ambition from the club & we all know what happened with sulky mcsulkface (KM) when we turned down an offer for him. Selling someone who wants to go to better his career does not show a lack of ambition but is good business sense.

Sun Jul 14, 2024 6:38 pm

Really not sure about letting McGuiness go. He's one of few players at the city that can command a decent fee coz he's so young with so much potential.

Also, the 2 boys in front of him in the pecking order are both getting on a bit.

It needs to be a sizeable offer to even entertain the idea for me. And I'd want a good sell on clause!

Sun Jul 14, 2024 7:10 pm

Maloby_Blue wrote:Really not sure about letting McGuiness go. He's one of few players at the city that can command a decent fee coz he's so young with so much potential.

Also, the 2 boys in front of him in the pecking order are both getting on a bit.

It needs to be a sizeable offer to even entertain the idea for me. And I'd want a good sell on clause!

He also signed a 4 year extension last year .

Sun Jul 14, 2024 7:25 pm

Sell. He's no major loss. I'd be more worried if Goutas left.

Tue Jul 16, 2024 8:33 pm

Watching him tonight and to me doesn't look like a player about to leave. Now it could be a different story with Wintle though.

Tue Jul 16, 2024 8:57 pm

Have to keep IMO. Plenty of years ahead of him, will only get better and possible future Captain. Goutas and Chambers aren’t young and at the latter end of their careers.

Personally I hope it’ll be goutas and chambers that rotate around McGuinness.