Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Cardiff City Star Rejects Offer & Signs for Stoke City

Mon Jul 15, 2024 4:02 pm

wez1927 wrote:
A Quiet Monkfish wrote:He's been here since he was 8yrs old and has rejected an offer from the club to go up to one of the worst places to live in the UK. Sounds a bit of a t*t.

Exactly

We shall see, as your both saying that he’s rejected what none of you know the deal or how he was being treated to go to
One of the worst places, Hmmmmmm? That sounds we maybe have the problem, time and time again.
Hold on we’ve given Kieron Evans aged 23 and Tom Davies aged 21 New contracts Hmmmmmmmmmm

Mon Jul 15, 2024 4:09 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:Calm down, calm down a 19 year old who isn’t a regular in the under 21 team is no where near the first team squad leaves to join another championship club

We get a small fee for him..what exactly is the problem with this?

He was more talented and younger than the ones we've given contracts to.....and he's chosen a championship club so that tells you he's going to be good enough for the championship ..that is the problem

Maybe or maybe not Allan only time will tell on that

What I do find annoying on this board is that 1 minute people are saying if they are 19/20 years old and not in the first team they are not good enough and should be released then when this happens it’s all Purse’s fault.

I’m no Purse fan but people can’t have it both ways

Ok let’s look of how Purse got Kieron Evans nearly 23 yrs old & Tom Daves 21 yrs old new contracts??

Are you saying they are first team players, because they should be by now.

Bulut gave both first team contracts, they're not on the Academy books, Keiron Evans was set to leave, but Bulut wanted to give him another year after a successful loan spell at Gateshead, and Tom Davies was given a 1 year extension, as the club are not actively looking to strengthen at left back, and are hoping to have Bagan and Davies battle it out to be second choice behind Collins

also, even if there was any remote truth in "Purse gave them two a new contract" then surely you should be blaming the club not Purse, to allow him to offer first team contracts to players when he is an under 21's manager.

Darren Purse has seen a successful number of players step up into the first team, which is what his remit is and should be.

When Bellamy was under 18s, coach, he might of won every week, but the only player to make it really from that group is Rubin.

I would much rather have players coming through to the first team, than win every game at under 23s and never see anyone step up.

Mon Jul 15, 2024 4:15 pm

Not really much else to say other than if we offered him a contract and he chose Stoke over us, then this screams of internal problems.

Mon Jul 15, 2024 4:30 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:Not really much else to say other than if we offered him a contract and he chose Stoke over us, then this screams of internal problems.

Having read all the posts I don't know what to believe BUT I have a theory on this one as he's going to Stoke rather than one of the bigger clubs & this is my theory.............................. It screams of a female being involved, either directly or indirectly & that he may regret this decision one day for just this reason.

Mon Jul 15, 2024 4:47 pm

bluebird04 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:Calm down, calm down a 19 year old who isn’t a regular in the under 21 team is no where near the first team squad leaves to join another championship club

He was more talented and younger than the ones we've given contracts to.....and he's chosen a championship club so that tells you he's going to be good enough for the championship ..that is the problem

Maybe or maybe not Allan only time will tell on that

What I do find annoying on this board is that 1 minute people are saying if they are 19/20 years old and not in the first team they are not good enough and should be released then when this happens it’s all Purse’s fault.

I’m no Purse fan but people can’t have it both ways

Ok let’s look of how Purse got Kieron Evans nearly 23 yrs old & Tom Daves 21 yrs old new contracts??

Are you saying they are first team players, because they should be by now.

Bulut gave both first team contracts, they're not on the Academy books, Keiron Evans was set to leave, but Bulut wanted to give him another year after a successful loan spell at Gateshead, and Tom Davies was given a 1 year extension, as the club are not actively looking to strengthen at left back, and are hoping to have Bagan and Davies battle it out to be second choice behind Collins

also, even if there was any remote truth in "Purse gave them two a new contract" then surely you should be blaming the club not Purse, to allow him to offer first team contracts to players when he is an under 21's manager.

Darren Purse has seen a successful number of players step up into the first team, which is what his remit is and should be.

When Bellamy was under 18s, coach, he might of won every week, but the only player to make it really from that group is Rubin.

I would much rather have players coming through to the first team, than win every game at under 23s and never see anyone step up.

You are correct , annis has a vendetta against Purse for some reason but the club are happy in what he's doing , there are players in the 1st team squad now more than I can remember in a long time , remember also a few players have gone to man utd , Leeds and wolves recently purse would of had them in his team if they didn't leave. The club have a plan and are happy with him .

Mon Jul 15, 2024 5:25 pm

Wez:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jul 15, 2024 5:54 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Wez:

Finally putting up some other opinions :lol: where's Charlie's reply too

Mon Jul 15, 2024 5:54 pm

Perhaps he's a legend in his own mind.
Bulut didn't pick him at the end of last season when we had a shed load of injury ..
Didn't his brother play for Stoke?
Incidentally he's not that good either.

Mon Jul 15, 2024 5:55 pm

stickywicket wrote:Perhaps he's a legend in his own mind.
Bulut didn't pick him at the end of last season when we had a shed load of injury ..
Didn't his brother play for Stoke?
Incidentally he's not that good either.
I think there's a player in rabbi but he seems to have up and down games .

Mon Jul 15, 2024 6:51 pm

wez1927 wrote:

Your mate never put his up till an hr later
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jul 15, 2024 7:19 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Your mate I met him through you in santa ponsa :lol:

Mon Jul 15, 2024 7:47 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Your mate I met him through you in santa ponsa :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Mon Jul 15, 2024 10:04 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Abergavenny wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

We have signed many players at age 19 as a championship club Where are those kids now if as you say it shows they are good enough

The point was we kept two 24yr olds not good enough for 1st team but release a 18yr old that by most opinions is better than those two? That is wrong way around .... stoke obviously rate him enough to sign him so yes better chance of making it than other two don't you think?

A 21 and 22 year old are not two 24 year olds :lol:

Mon Jul 15, 2024 10:10 pm

M4 Exile wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Abergavenny wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

We have signed many players at age 19 as a championship club Where are those kids now if as you say it shows they are good enough

The point was we kept two 24yr olds not good enough for 1st team but release a 18yr old that by most opinions is better than those two? That is wrong way around .... stoke obviously rate him enough to sign him so yes better chance of making it than other two don't you think?

A 21 and 22 year old are not two 24 year olds :lol:

Ahh well teach me to not trust predicted txt? :lol:

Tue Jul 16, 2024 5:50 am

People are reading way too much into this and starting to delve into conspiracy theories.

I watched a lot of U21 and U18's. He is a decent prospect but well down the pecking order to be honest. Nyakhuwa and Fleming both jumped over him in terms of consistency last season. Add to that Ashford is still young and plays in the same position, Matondo saw the pathway into the first team difficult.

Nyakhuwa in particular looks the next academy graduate most likely to make a senior debut this season, and make an impression.

He was offered pro terms with us but rejected them. Not sure how this is Purse's fault. If he was that good then it would have been the job of Chesterfield to make the case to him.

Tue Jul 16, 2024 3:19 pm

AfricanBluebird wrote:People are reading way too much into this and starting to delve into conspiracy theories.

I watched a lot of U21 and U18's. He is a decent prospect but well down the pecking order to be honest. Nyakhuwa and Fleming both jumped over him in terms of consistency last season. Add to that Ashford is still young and plays in the same position, Matondo saw the pathway into the first team difficult.

Nyakhuwa in particular looks the next academy graduate most likely to make a senior debut this season, and make an impression.

He was offered pro terms with us but rejected them. Not sure how this is Purse's fault. If he was that good then it would have been the job of Chesterfield to make the case to him.

It's purses fault coz annis and Co don't like him !.

Tue Jul 16, 2024 3:37 pm

wez1927 wrote:
AfricanBluebird wrote:People are reading way too much into this and starting to delve into conspiracy theories.

It's purses fault coz annis and Co don't like him !.

Because Purse is not liked by the majority of the U21’s and has favouritism over quality