Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Todd cantwell signing ?

Wed Jul 24, 2024 12:07 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:Say on twitter that we've had a 2.8 million bid accepted rising to 4 million.

Is it a reliable source on twitter Wez?

Not really just a rangers news page .apparently massive falling out with the club .

Wed Jul 24, 2024 12:39 pm

That Cardiff inside is now reporting mikey Johnston aswell.

Sure he went to a championship team and done well want to say Preston but not sure.

Wed Jul 24, 2024 1:18 pm

ScottCcfc27 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
ScottCcfc27 wrote:Read on twitter (some Scottish journo) that we have had a 6m bid accepted rising to 9m :) can’t see that being anywhere near true though.

He would be a good signing but surely not for that type of money, plus I’d rather be looking at paying that on a striker????

Just posting what I’ve read :)

Who’s the journo mate?

Steve Turdson on twitter mate, says freelance journo, so taking it with a pinch of salt, and as another fake account.

He would be a good signing but can’t see that figure being paid. Unless it’s a structured deal as wez said

TURDson :lol: :lol:

Concerning how many people on here will fall for any old shit - should I say turd - on twitter

Wed Jul 24, 2024 1:25 pm

Wonder if it will be a loan with an obligation to buy.

Great signing if it happens. Knows the league and can carry the ball well, often draws a foul too when under pressure. :bluebird:

Wed Jul 24, 2024 1:29 pm

M4 Exile wrote:
ScottCcfc27 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
ScottCcfc27 wrote:Read on twitter (some Scottish journo) that we have had a 6m bid accepted rising to 9m :) can’t see that being anywhere near true though.

He would be a good signing but surely not for that type of money, plus I’d rather be looking at paying that on a striker????

Who’s the journo mate?

Steve Turdson on twitter mate, says freelance journo, so taking it with a pinch of salt, and as another fake account.

He would be a good signing but can’t see that figure being paid. Unless it’s a structured deal as wez said

Concerning how many people on here will fall for any old shit - should I say turd - on twitter

:lol: glad I'm not the only one who found that funny. Someone is having a right laugh with this.

Wed Jul 24, 2024 1:40 pm

D.A.C. wrote:
M4 Exile wrote:
ScottCcfc27 wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Who’s the journo mate?

:lol: glad I'm not the only one who found that funny. Someone is having a right laugh with this.

I found it amusing when I seen it to :)

Wed Jul 24, 2024 3:37 pm

Nothing on the Rangers board or in Scottish papers about this

Wed Jul 24, 2024 6:44 pm

This account seems to get things right and says it’s a no
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Jul 24, 2024 6:48 pm

So we've had Todd Cantwell and Dele Alli, who's next?

Wed Jul 24, 2024 6:50 pm

I'd be thrilled if he ended up as a Bluebird, but is he a Bulut player? A little too fancy Dan for Erol ?

Wed Jul 24, 2024 9:47 pm

Rangers have received word from “several” English clubs that they are interested in signing Todd Cantwell, the Scottish Sun reports.

According to the paper’s website on 24 July the former Norwich City midfielder is expected to leave the club this summer and could bring in a “decent fee” for Philippe Clement to spend.

Multiple clubs have “made their interest known” from south of the border but none have reportedly yet made firm offers.

Philippe Clement is believed not to have a great relationship with the Englishman so an Ibrox exit is considered inevitable as long as the Belgian remains in charge [Keith Jackson, 22 July].

Philippe Clement ready to offload controversial Rangers star -
Cantwell on form is undoubtedly an asset to the Light Blues as none of the likes of Tom Lawrence, Sam Lammers, Ross McCausland or Rabbi Matondo have been able to recreate his impact as a number 10.

But the Light Blues can ill afford to lose Clement at this stage as the manager looks to implement change on various levels at Ibrox.

So if the club isn’t big enough for the both of them they would be best off finding a buyer for Cantwell and sealing a deal as soon as possible so there can be a chance of using the money to bring in a valid replacement.

Thu Jul 25, 2024 7:14 am

wez1927 wrote:100% leaving rangers has fallen out with the manager, hopefully to us .

I read a few months ago that the reason he left Norwich was because the manager wanted him out. Cantwell even went to see Delilah to ask if he could stay but was denied.

Do we want a player with this record at Cardiff?

Thu Jul 25, 2024 7:17 am

Rangers manager confirms that cantwell has submitted a offical transfer request.

Thu Jul 25, 2024 7:34 am

MikeO76 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:100% leaving rangers has fallen out with the manager, hopefully to us .

I read a few months ago that the reason he left Norwich was because the manager wanted him out. Cantwell even went to see Delilah to ask if he could stay but was denied.

Why why why did he do that??

Thu Jul 25, 2024 7:53 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
MikeO76 wrote:

Because he saw the light on the night that he passed by her window. That's why..

Thu Jul 25, 2024 8:08 am

MillenniumNova wrote:This account seems to get things right and says it’s a no

This account has been right so far, and says that Cantwell isn’t who we are going for.

Thu Jul 25, 2024 8:27 am

Latest is he hasn't fallen out with Rangers but has handed in a transfer request. So he's definitely going somewhere.

Thu Jul 25, 2024 8:32 am

He divides opinion among Rangers Fans, personally I’ll be gutted when he leaves. Moving to Cardiff would soften the blow. He’s a massive talent but he’s bbs difficult to manage.

Thu Jul 25, 2024 10:32 am

There seems to be a similarity the way this is unfolding to the way we went after Chambers.

Thu Jul 25, 2024 10:55 am

I think this is not happening and not worth our energy, can’t see him being a target if he really is that bad off the field

Thu Jul 25, 2024 11:25 am

A Quiet Monkfish wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
MikeO76 wrote:

Because he saw the light on the night that he passed by her window. That's why..

Apparently they had to break down the door so he could ask for her forgiveness................. bloody predicted text :laughing5:

Thu Jul 25, 2024 11:43 am

MillenniumNova wrote:I think this is not happening and not worth our energy, can’t see him being a target if he really is that bad off the field

You maybe right on the first bit but the second bit is classic social media BS

Thu Jul 25, 2024 12:12 pm

A Quiet Monkfish wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
MikeO76 wrote:

He called her Mary berry.

Fri Jul 26, 2024 8:53 am

Seemingly heading back to Norwich for a medical.

Fri Jul 26, 2024 9:03 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:Seemingly heading back to Norwich for a medical.

Looks that way, however football scotland website has article up Todd Cantwell Rangers transfer exit option as Cardiff 'show' interest

also speculation linking him with a move to Turkey, would be a decent addition to the squad, but I don't see him coming.

Fri Jul 26, 2024 12:46 pm

Norwich City are closing in on the agreement with Rangers to sign Todd Cantwell!

Formal steps to follow but the two clubs have almost agreed on the fee and add-ons

Fri Jul 26, 2024 1:26 pm

However that Insideclubs fella off twitter got his info off a fake Ramano account. So who knows.