Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: “ Cardiff wanted £8m for Isaak Davies “

Sat Jul 27, 2024 6:26 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
Roath_Blue wrote:So how much do you believe Langstaff is worth after his season in L2?

I think he's a lot better than national league.

12 goals for a poor team that struggled in Belgium last season.

Millwall signed Langstaff for £750k this summer, that may answer your question.

Ned, it doesn't.

I want to know how much Barclay values him at, after stating that Davies is national league level.

Sat Jul 27, 2024 6:51 pm

Barclay1 wrote:In my own personal opinion he's National League, League 2 at best. If he is deemed good enough for the Championship, he should be hitting 25 at least in League 2, and I just don't see it.

The Belgium league is above that ffs

Sat Jul 27, 2024 7:58 pm

How much is Rubin worth then, as he’s done a lot more than Davies. I personally think they should have sold Davies for 3 mill with a good sell on, I hope I’m proved wrong though. Maybe with his stature he will turn out to be another Bellamy, I just hope if Davies is given his chance he fully it takes it.

Sat Jul 27, 2024 8:33 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Bluebird-in-Jackland wrote:Brilliant news that the club turned down £3m for him and were wanting a lot more. How people can see that as a negative beggars belief.

So Isaak is worth more than £3mill?

What has Isaak achieved and he’s 23 yrs old?

So Isaak as a Championship Striker not even a Premiership player, how has he done so far?

Where is the line of clubs wanting him?

He’s only one of our main striker this season because Tan had told Bulut he has to be and that’s true.

Please tell me how much you value Isaak?

I tend to agree with you about Davies.

However, Bellamy is clearly saying that he and Kompany valued him at £3m+.

Therefore, if you and I rate Bellamy at all (I do !!) tgen we have a £3m+ striker in our squad.

I hope Bellers is right and I’m wrong because if we also add another proven striker our goal scoring problems are solved !!

Sat Jul 27, 2024 8:40 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Bluebird-in-Jackland wrote:Brilliant news that the club turned down £3m for him and were wanting a lot more. How people can see that as a negative beggars belief.

So Isaak as a Championship Striker not even a Premiership player, how has he done so far?

He’s only one of our main striker this season because Tan had told Bulut he has to be and that’s true.

Therefore, if you and I rate Bellamy at all (I do !!) tgen we have a £3m+ striker in our squad.

I hope Bellers is right and I’m wrong because if we also add another proven striker our goal scoring problems are solved !!

Kompany and Bellamy would have no say in the fee.

They’d tell their board they want the player and then the board would try and negotiate. So the board obviously were willing to pay 3 but not 8.

Gone are the days where managers negotiate with clubs about buying players.

Sat Jul 27, 2024 8:56 pm

I don't rate him, therefore in my opinion his value is zero to us as I would allow him to leave for nothing.

Longstaff deserves his chance. Scored a lot at lower level so take the step up. Davies stared with Championship, couldn't hack it so needs to step down.

Tiny Kidderminster Very much got the better and measure of him.

Sat Jul 27, 2024 9:13 pm

I don't think we have seen half of him. Like nearly all our players he isn't a target man and we need a target man. I think a fair few of the "kids" will break through this season.

Akpom didn't get going until 24, so i thought i'd look how old the top goalscorers have been.

szmodic 28
Akpom 27
Mitrović 27
Toney 25
Mitrović 25 Watkins 24
Pukki 29
vidra 26
Wood 25
Gray 25

Shame 442 isn't fashionable anymore, because he'd be great in that system. Needs a Peter Thorne or Stevie Thompson

Sat Jul 27, 2024 9:25 pm

Totally agree with Barclay 1

Sat Jul 27, 2024 9:30 pm

And yet none of the mighty Club Brugge, Anderlecht, Standard Liege and Union Saint Gilloise could stop him from scoring against them last season.

Sat Jul 27, 2024 10:19 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I want Bellers and Isaak to prove us totally wrong.

If so this will mean our coaching etc has been totally wrong.

Sun Jul 28, 2024 8:58 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Kompany and Bellamy would have no say in the fee.

They’d tell their board they want the player and then the board would try and negotiate. So the board obviously were willing to pay 3 but not 8.

Gone are the days where managers negotiate with clubs about buying players.

Well they wanted him to play in the Premiership so there ain’t many strikers playing there of £3m value or less !!

I don’t see it in Davies but let’s see this season.

Sun Jul 28, 2024 1:55 pm

Judging by last season Isaak Davies now worth £2m-£3m, if he scores goals in Championship say 12-15 then worth over £5m.

Sun Jul 28, 2024 5:12 pm

I’ve read through some crazy comments here regarding Isaak, people not rating him blah blah blah..so, like I said on another thread last week, I’ll try and add some perspective. This talk of 3 goals in 38 games… how many of those games did he actually start? Debut in October 2022 combined brilliantly with Ruben Liverpool away for our goal in January (playing bit part), got injured at Derby last game of the season, out for 7 months, was brought back too early in the November where he had a reacourrance. By the time he was fit the following January the Club were in a relegation battle battle, Lamouchi brought in to keep them up, he never had a look in (bit part again) as he needed to try and look to experience to keep them up. Bellamy knows the lad well and was desperate to have him at Burnley as he knows his potential. Tried signing him, Cardiff took the piss on the fee and ended up at Kortrijk where he smashed the season in a poor team and over that stay he played under 3 different managers, got on with it, played football and ended up with being one of the best Strikers in the League. What more can the boy do? Remember Leeds at home in the FA Cup when he played up front on his own and was outstanding after being out so long, the people who don’t rate him need to wake up and get behind him.

Wed Jul 31, 2024 11:32 am

SP73 wrote:I’ve read through some crazy comments here regarding Isaak, people not rating him blah blah blah..so, like I said on another thread last week, I’ll try and add some perspective. This talk of 3 goals in 38 games… how many of those games did he actually start? Debut in October 2022 combined brilliantly with Ruben Liverpool away for our goal in January (playing bit part), got injured at Derby last game of the season, out for 7 months, was brought back too early in the November where he had a reacourrance. By the time he was fit the following January the Club were in a relegation battle battle, Lamouchi brought in to keep them up, he never had a look in (bit part again) as he needed to try and look to experience to keep them up. Bellamy knows the lad well and was desperate to have him at Burnley as he knows his potential. Tried signing him, Cardiff took the piss on the fee and ended up at Kortrijk where he smashed the season in a poor team and over that stay he played under 3 different managers, got on with it, played football and ended up with being one of the best Strikers in the League. What more can the boy do? Remember Leeds at home in the FA Cup when he played up front on his own and was outstanding after being out so long, the people who don’t rate him need to wake up and get behind him.

All opinions mate.

Wed Jul 31, 2024 1:16 pm

Think some posters are being extremely harsh in this thread. Whilst Isaak does still have a lot to prove, I didn't think it's fair holding his championship scoring record against him when he's been thrown in the deep end in some dreadful Cardiff teams.

He's since gone away and played a much needed full season of proffessional football in a decent league, scored 12 goals and won player of the season. He deserves his chance with us again.

The fact he's not currently starting 11 material is irrelevant, he's more than capable of chipping in from the bench. Gaining promotion requires a good squad, and I think Isaac has the tools to play a very important part in our season.