Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: MY VIEW: CARDIFF’S FIRST MATCH AND TODAY AGAINST A VERY

Sat Aug 10, 2024 5:15 pm

Reply:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Aug 10, 2024 5:49 pm

The tempo,passing,possession and press all better there are positives to take out the game .Sunderland executed there game plan to perfection. Thought Robinson had a good game as did a few others .The one negative was we couldn't score again it doesn't matter none of it if we can't score or be a goal threat.

I'm certain things will only improve for us but for all the good we did we lost by 2 and Sunderland finished the game comfortable in the end .Still need a good striker and a left back aswell.

To be top two or top 6 you really need to start well and get some consistency time will tell .I disappointed but not desperate like previous seasons

Sat Aug 10, 2024 5:57 pm

Results:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat Aug 10, 2024 6:06 pm

Reply.

Sat Aug 10, 2024 6:07 pm

Replies:

Sat Aug 10, 2024 6:07 pm

Replies:

Sat Aug 10, 2024 6:08 pm

Replies :

Sat Aug 10, 2024 6:11 pm

Crowd 21,410

Sunderland Fans 3.110

Cardiff City 0 Sunderland 2

Cardiff have 13,600 Season Ticket Holders

Sat Aug 10, 2024 7:15 pm

A prettier version of last season. More of the ball, but still a lack of creativity and threat in the final third. Long season to go but a disappointing way to start after all the excitement.

Sat Aug 10, 2024 8:08 pm

1 up top does not work at home.

Sideways tipping tappy back four passing and turning backwards every time rather than forward football when a player has space baffles me.

Like for like subs when we was losing already another bizarre thing I didn't get.

One game in so it is what it is. Although things can only get better im sure. Even my boys said today walking from the ground, if we had scored our chances first half the game could have been over by half time but that's football.

They done us on twice on that cross for there goal no marking the first man and no man marking the second man which was under 11s football tbh and the 2nd goal Bellingham out muscled Ruben to nick the ball and they broke away to make it 2 nil sadly. :bluescarf:

Sat Aug 10, 2024 8:35 pm

Not the best of starts
Positives
Played okay
little creativity but most players looked comfortable on the ball
Crowd didn't get on the players backs
We will improve . We have a lot of new players.
Negatives
Need to have a go and shoot
Sky sports + Great showing all game but will affect all teams crowds.

Very early days but still going for a top 10 finish

27th year a season ticket holder :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sat Aug 10, 2024 9:26 pm

Ramsey and NG had poor games. Hopefully today ends any nonsense talk of promotion as we are a million miles away. Wake up everyone, we are on for a long season battling for survival.

Sun Aug 11, 2024 7:14 am

MikeO76 wrote:Too passive and slow, punchless up front, bad defending, basically nothing's changed.

Same shit, different season.

That was my view too. Barely any saves by their keeper. Poor gate too given the away attendance.

The positive for me was the improvement in the quality of the plastic pint glasses . You can see the club have worked on this over the summer.

Sun Aug 11, 2024 10:31 am

I listened on the radio, it sounded like we had more of a go than last season. I hope that continues but if we lose the next couple of league games, expect the awful Bulut to revert back to type

Sun Aug 11, 2024 10:54 am

Cardiff_CPT wrote:I listened on the radio, it sounded like we had more of a go than last season. I hope that continues but if we lose the next couple of league games, expect the awful Bulut to revert back to type

We were exactly like this last August / September, playing well.