Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What will the result be of Swansea City v Cardiff City?

Poll ended at Sun Aug 25, 2024 2:00 pm

Swansea City win (Evens)
48%
Cardiff City win (11/4)
38%
Draw (23/10)
14%

Total votes : 56

Re: TEAM NEWS: “ SWANSEA CITY v CARDIFF CITY “ MATCH THREAD

Tue Aug 20, 2024 3:22 pm

MikeO76 wrote:
boyo1927 wrote:
MikeO76 wrote:I've just bought 2 tickets. Still some left if any season ticket or members wishing to go :thumbup:

Thanks I will try again

Trying to get tickets not sure sold out as I get a messaged box pop up saying left to buy?

Still tickets available. When you're at the stage where you can see the stadium seating, you'll see the coaches on the right of the stadium. Click on the supporters coach at the bottom and then you'll see another stadium seating plan with available tickets. Once you've paid for your tickets you need to contact Vince to arrange what coach your on. Details will be on the confirmation email.
Hope this helps.

Tue Aug 20, 2024 3:24 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Expected to start away to Swansea:

Erol Bulut:

“He’s fit and ready to start away at Swansea.”

Cardiff City Football Club are delighted to announce the signing of Jesper Daland.

He'll have a shock, hell of a first game.

Tue Aug 20, 2024 3:39 pm

Swansea win

Wed Aug 21, 2024 10:12 am

STILL TICKETS AVAILABLE:

NO RESTRICTIONS AT ALL TO BUY THEM

1,500 Cardiff Tickets

Wed Aug 21, 2024 12:26 pm

Hope Ralls passes fitness test, him and this game go hand in hand. Also gotta start NG and the Yak coz they'll never take a backwards step.

God knows who else comes in but it will be a hell of a baptism of fire for Robertson and the new Defender if they start.

Get some fire in your belly Mr Bulut, rally the troops!!!

Wed Aug 21, 2024 12:29 pm

Not often you see Cardiff fans here voting for the opposition, shows how we are all feeling, and we are often wrong when we vote the other way, maybe we are wrong this time, we need a bit of luck and we are due some, a flukey one nil to the Bluebirds, to turn our season around :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Get some I ran the Canton Mile running vests and headbands printed for Chopra :laughing6:

Wed Aug 21, 2024 1:07 pm

Latest Injury update on CCFC players:

Etete and Isaak Davies are out for three and four months

Jamilu Collins' injury, which will see him miss another six weeks to eight weeks.

O’Dowda , Calum Chambers and captain Joe Ralls were taken off as injury precautions on Saturday and Ralls will be ok for the Swansea game.

Aaron Ramsey falling down off the ball clutching his leg. After X-rays it looks like just bad bruising and a bit sore, but nothing more.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Aug 21, 2024 10:52 pm

Luke Williams says he and his Swansea City squad are excited to embrace the pressure of a south Wales derby and the challenge of delivering for everyone connected to the club.

The Swans host Cardiff City at the Swansea.com Stadium on Sunday (3pm), with a league fixture between the sides being played in August for the first time since 1987.

Swansea have won five of the last six derbies in SA1, and last lost out on local bragging rights in front of a home crowd in 2011.

They ran out 2-0 winners when the teams last locked horns in March, taking the aggregate tally over the last three meetings at the Swansea.com Stadium to 7-0 in their favour.

Head coach Williams knows well the significance of the fixture and the emotions attached to it, and he believes his players’ previous experiences can play an important part.

“There is always pressure representing this club, and we have guys in the dressing room who thrive on the pressure,” said the Swans boss.

“We know that because there are a lot of names who were part of the ‘Double Double’, so they know what it is about, they know the pressure is coming and they enjoy it.

“I think the guys who have just joined us are already aware of what it is about and they are going to be ready to get into that atmosphere and give everything and sacrifice everything for the team.

Wed Aug 21, 2024 10:54 pm

“We are really excited for this next game, it is an opportunity for us all to come together as a club so let’s try and make a great performance and get a result.”

Swansea head into the derby on the back of a 3-0 home win over Preston North End and, while there is plenty of work ahead, Williams believes the showing against the Lilywhites gives them a good platform to build on.

“We have to keep improving, we are nowhere near where we want to be yet, and the whole squad knows that,” he added.

“We have to try and produce a consistent level of performance so we can go into games feeling confident we have a chance of winning.

“We want to give the fans something enjoyable, a way of playing they want to invest their time and energy in. That’s what it’s about, that’s what this club is.

“We have to try to make good performances and improve our margins consistently then we are going to share some great moments together, hopefully at least one of them can be a south Wales derby.”

Thu Aug 22, 2024 2:49 pm

GREAT NEWS / INJURY UPDATE:

Anwar El Ghazi ready to make debut
Ramsey fully fit
Both Callum O'Dowda and Calum Chambers both fit
Ralls late fitness test
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Aug 22, 2024 2:55 pm

Erol Bulut:

“New signing Jesper Norman raring to go and ready to play on Sunday.”

Fri Aug 23, 2024 8:28 am

@Johnwilliams: I didn’t know this until this morning that it is 4,947 days since Cardiff scored at Swansea in front of their own supporters

Fri Aug 23, 2024 8:29 am

Swansea have sold out their ends immediately

Cardiff only had 1,500 plus as that’s all we asked for:

Less than 50 tickets left / No restrictions other than coach trip

Fri Aug 23, 2024 8:34 am

Erol Bulut:

“The derby game Swansea, it does not matter how you do it,but you have to win against Swansea.”

Fri Aug 23, 2024 10:41 pm

Swansea City has completed the signing of Florian Bianchini from SC Bastia for an undisclosed fee, subject to visa approval and international clearance.

The 23-year-old has signed a four-year contract through to the summer of 2028 in SA1. He will wear the number 19 shirt for the Swans, and is available for Sunday’s south Wales derby.

The pacy forward will add to head coach Luke Williams’ options in the final third, and provide competition for places in advanced areas with the Swans boss having spoken of his desire for exciting wing play to be part of the identity of the team he is building.

Sun Aug 25, 2024 8:57 am

Cardiff City's Calum Chambers :

Sun Aug 25, 2024 9:47 am

I'm more nervous about today now.

I'd be happy with a point today.

We just CAN NOT lose. Especially losing with no fight or passion.

Fingers crossed. Bluebirds.

Sun Aug 25, 2024 11:05 am

Roath_Blue wrote:I'm more nervous about today now.

I'd be happy with a point today.

We just CAN NOT lose. Especially losing with no fight or passion.

Fingers crossed. Bluebirds.

I'm more worried about how we perform, how we turn up. If we show the passion I can take a loss even against these lot. I have no idea how it will be but I will be delighted with a 0-0 draw.

Sun Aug 25, 2024 11:10 am

No nerves here this morning, not expecting anything other than a Swansea win. If it’s a draw then great, a win would be fantastic.

We’re so used to getting spanked in this derby that it’s lost its edge for me.

Sun Aug 25, 2024 11:35 am

Underhill1927 wrote:No nerves here this morning, not expecting anything other than a Swansea win. If it’s a draw then great, a win would be fantastic.

We’re so used to getting spanked in this derby that it’s lost its edge for me.

So sad we now get to this fixture and just expect nothing but ritual humiliation. On the paper there is little between the squads today but you just know they'll blow us away with a combination of aggression, desire and cheating if they have to. May as well start the Bulut out and Middlesbrough board demonstration threads now.

Sun Aug 25, 2024 12:35 pm

We lost at home to the side presently top of the table and we lost away to a former Premier League side who, between them, have scored 16 goals between them.

I dont think we are as bad as some are making out. I have seen some nice attacking football - albeit in parts - and with the addition of our new signings today I think this could be a good day.

I have had £10 at 29/1 on Bet365 for a Cardiff 3-1 win. :bluebird:

Sun Aug 25, 2024 12:50 pm

2-0 to Cardiff….think we will turn up this time…well hoping so!
Think we’ve played ok at times and the jacks played manager less Preston last time so not reading too much into that …
Got to be positive !

Sun Aug 25, 2024 12:55 pm

We have to create opportunities for Kanga today, and that means playing the game further up the pitch rather than passing round the back and inviting pressure. Swansea will be pressing us from the off and we can't afford another feck up like last week. If we can get the first goal we will win.

Sun Aug 25, 2024 1:09 pm

Stairway to Merthyr wrote:We have to create opportunities for Kanga today, and that means playing the game further up the pitch rather than passing round the back and inviting pressure. Swansea will be pressing us from the off and we can't afford another feck up like last week. If we can get the first goal we will win.

Agree with this. No more fannying around at the back. Get the ball upfield quickly and force Swansea to defend

Re: MATCH THREAD: “ SWANSEA CITY v CARDIFF CITY “ MATCH THRE

Sun Aug 25, 2024 1:13 pm

Cardiff City: Horvath; Ng, Chambers, Daland, O'Dowda; Siopis, Robertson; Meite, Ramsey, Willock; Kanga.

Subs: Alnwick, Goutas, El Ghazi, Bagan, Colwill, Tanner, Rinomhota, Ashford, Robinson.

Sun Aug 25, 2024 1:15 pm

Don't think we'll lose today, going for 2-1 win.

Sun Aug 25, 2024 1:20 pm

Reidorf the youmg blsck striker does' nt make the bench
he would have been my choice to play without fear a young lad with a point to prove

Sun Aug 25, 2024 1:44 pm

We must not sit off and let them close us down and hound the ball because we all know what's coming today if we don't close them down in there faces from the off and pressing.

I've seen to many games Vs the scum where we sit off them and let them pass it about and every time we get the ball they man to man mark us so we hoof it and lose it. It then repeats. We must do what they do from the off or we will lose today again :roll:

Play for the f*cking shirt and run through a brick walls all we want to see from every player today for us :bluescarf:

Sun Aug 25, 2024 1:46 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:We must not sit off and let them close us down and hound the ball because we all know what's coming today if we don't close them down in there faces from the off and pressing.

I've seen to many games Vs the scum where we sit off them and let them pass it about and every time we get the ball they man to man mark us so we hoof it and lose it. It then repeats. We must do what they do from the off or we will lose today again :roll:

Play for the f*cking shirt and run through a brick walls all we want to see from every player today for us :bluescarf:

Couldn’t agree more.

Sun Aug 25, 2024 1:49 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:We must not sit off and let them close us down and hound the ball because we all know what's coming today if we don't close them down in there faces from the off and pressing.

Well said and fully agree; showing passion for this game is the minimum requirement! :ayatollah: