Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: MY VIEW: THE BIG DERBY AS CARDIFF’S SUBSTITUTES CHANGED

Sun Aug 25, 2024 4:47 pm

Today:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Aug 25, 2024 4:48 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Would playing the subs from start have changed anything? Subs are meant to make a difference and that what they did. Not sure if other way round would produce same effect.

You play your best 11. You don’t leave them on the bench, and wait till we are behind. This is Bulut negative approach, which I and most fans hate.

Sun Aug 25, 2024 4:51 pm

Grandstand wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Would playing the subs from start have changed anything? Subs are meant to make a difference and that what they did. Not sure if other way round would produce same effect.

You play your best 11. You don’t leave them on the bench, and wait till we are behind. This is Bulut negative approach, which I and most fans hate.

I agree - seems he always gets himself off the hook by substitutions which suggest he is not starting with his best players or he is a miracle worker with his substitutions!! :banghead: :bluescarf:

Sun Aug 25, 2024 4:52 pm

Key thing I’ve noticed a few times now, Tanner seems to play really well when he’s on the pitch with Colwill.

After that performance in the last 20-25 mins, Colwill, and Tanner both need to start together next week.

Forever Blue wrote:
curiousjack wrote:View from a Swansea fan -

Thought the first 60 minutes we totally outplayed you. I had to laugh when i read on one topic when Annis rated both teams and said that only one swansea player could get in the cardiff team :lol: i wouldnt put ramsey, siopis or robertson in my sons team. Hes 9.

I think at 60/70 minutes we made poor substitutions compared to you later on bringing on two very attacking players. One attack and you scored.

After the goal we got back to our style and dominated the game until the final whistle.

All in all, 3 points lost for us i think as we dominated most of the game. As for you guys, ramsey is finished, colwill i think wont be the player you all think he will be, but is much better than your starting three CMs combined.

Swansea fan in peace

Show me where I personally ever said that.

The rest I virtually agree on

Sorry mate i thought it was you, i pretty certain i read something similar, but apologies if wrong

Today:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Aug 25, 2024 4:53 pm

cardiffboy1995 wrote:Key thing I’ve noticed a few times now, Tanner seems to play really well when he’s on the pitch with Colwill.

After that performance in the last 20-25 mins, Colwill, and Tanner both need to start together next week.

I totally agree

Sun Aug 25, 2024 4:54 pm

curiousjack wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Thought the first 60 minutes we totally outplayed you. I had to laugh when i read on one topic when Annis rated both teams and said that only one swansea player could get in the cardiff team :lol: i wouldnt put ramsey, siopis or robertson in my sons team. Hes 9.

I think at 60/70 minutes we made poor substitutions compared to you later on bringing on two very attacking players. One attack and you scored.

After the goal we got back to our style and dominated the game until the final whistle.

All in all, 3 points lost for us i think as we dominated most of the game. As for you guys, ramsey is finished, colwill i think wont be the player you all think he will be, but is much better than your starting three CMs combined.

Swansea fan in peace

Show me where I personally ever said that.

The rest I virtually agree on

Sorry mate i thought it was you, i pretty certain i read something similar, but apologies if wrong

No problem

1,000% not me

Maybe another poster

Sun Aug 25, 2024 4:55 pm

Today :

Sun Aug 25, 2024 4:57 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:Ref was f*cking honking.

The fact Perry Ng got booked for getting headbutted!

Horvath fine getting kicked in the back of the head!

Yes, nothing brutal. But if that's premier league, both of them are red cards with VAR!

Draw probably fair. Needs to start with the team that ended.

Agree var would of shown 2 reds

Sun Aug 25, 2024 5:00 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Rubin Colwill has class

Callum Robinson can be the main striker

Agree rubin 10 robbo up top and tbf Ramsey done well deeper

Sun Aug 25, 2024 5:04 pm

llan bluebird wrote:
Einstein wrote:Robinson can't be the lone striker, ok coming on against the tired team with other fresh legs around him. We've had him for what three seasons and he's not been the answer. Great finish though!!!

Oh for a great striker.

Go get Cantwell as well!!!

Agree, he can't lead the line. He is a second striker.

Think we are crying out for three at the back with Chambers and Daland looking capable on the ball. Goutos, NG, and Fish as well
Load of wingbacks, then we don't need Siopis killing every move and can get Colwill a bit deeper and on the ball.

Agree with siopis slows game too much. Back 3 with Fish dalliance and any of ng goutas or Chambers. Ramsey and ralls deep with colwill el gahzi and odowda or tanner with robbo or new signing

Sun Aug 25, 2024 5:07 pm

Reply:

Sun Aug 25, 2024 5:07 pm

Swansea fan in peace

Not bad analysis tbf.
But got back to dominated after our goal I don't think so. And Harry darling should walk every game # cnt

Sun Aug 25, 2024 5:14 pm

Yes:

Sun Aug 25, 2024 5:27 pm

gwentbluebirds wrote:

Swansea fan in peace

Not bad analysis tbf.
But got back to dominated after our goal I don't think so. And Harry darling should walk every game # cnt

May have outplayed us but where on pitch? We played ball inside their penalty area more than they did in ours! Same with other match stats not a lot between us possession 67% against our 33% is only big difference..... yes they were on day probably better at holding ball up but that doesn't say much as we have been awful in that department for long time generally poor performances by both sides.

Sun Aug 25, 2024 5:30 pm

Merthyrfunhouse wrote:Great goal by Robinson he is class. If we can get him el ghazi and Ramsey firing with ikanga aswell we be a decent team.

Colwell needs to learn to cross he got into some great positions but his ability let him down again, if tanner could play like this consistently he’d be a player.

He changed the game when he came on... You must have missed the perfectly weighted pass that put Tanner in for the goal!! That takes ability!

Wasn't the only time either his deflected cross should have been headed in at the back post but for some reason Kanga was hanging around for a cut back.

He had a brilliant impact and for me was the biggest change that got us the point!!

Sun Aug 25, 2024 5:39 pm

Disagree about starting Colwill, still don’t think he’s up to starting Championship games.

Tanner did better when he came on, his pass to Robinson for the goal is underrated.

Problem with Colwill is he needs to cross the ball earlier instead of keep running into traffic. He put one good cross in and a good pass to Tanner for the goal but there were also at least three times he could have crossed it but he didn’t release the ball.

Sun Aug 25, 2024 5:40 pm

My view, the subs changed the game, NG was a lot better, looking at the Second half City side, we will do well, the fight was there, no let's build on this and push forward.

Sun Aug 25, 2024 5:48 pm

Reply:

Sun Aug 25, 2024 5:49 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Disagree about starting Colwill, still don’t think he’s up to starting Championship games.

Tanner did better when he came on, his pass to Robinson for the goal is underrated.

Problem with Colwill is he needs to cross the ball earlier instead of keep running into traffic. He put one good cross in and a good pass to Tanner for the goal but there were also at least three times he could have crossed it but he didn’t release the ball.

On Rubin,

Ned We will have to agree to disagree my friend

Sun Aug 25, 2024 5:57 pm

Colwill not a starter in my opinion too.
Or
If he is, get him to fire for 60 mins flat out...
I'd have Ramsey as a sub too. He's slow but could pick apart a tiring team...

That starting midfield today is too defensive or just slow, will get teared apart this season....
Also, play in their box, not in our fckin box FFS!!!!

Sun Aug 25, 2024 6:42 pm

eddiep wrote:Colwill not a starter in my opinion too.
Or
If he is, get him to fire for 60 mins flat out...
I'd have Ramsey as a sub too. He's slow but could pick apart a tiring team...

That starting midfield today is too defensive or just slow, will get teared apart this season....
Also, play in their box, not in our fckin box FFS!!!!

We did play in their box in fact more times than they did in ours! Strange I know but true

Sun Aug 25, 2024 6:45 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Disagree about starting Colwill, still don’t think he’s up to starting Championship games.

Ned this as happened in every game he's played holds ball to long the one time he delayed crossing there was 4 players in box ball never got there.... does have very good moments like pass for goal but could be better

Sun Aug 25, 2024 8:00 pm

Just got home :lol: :lol:

My phone got obliterated during the limbs for Robbo's goal. Whatever he said at half time and to the subs worked.

Josh Tymon is shit scared of Tanner :lol: :lol: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Last game for a while for me on Saturday :sad7: :sad7: I'm hoping to be fully recovered by the time them lot come to the CCS.

Sun Aug 25, 2024 8:14 pm

Swansea fan in peace

You did not dominate after we scored ! Watch the game again. There was only one team trying to win it and it wasn’t you. Even your fans were screaming at your lot to get it forward !!

You dominated the first 40 minutes after that it was pretty even as the commentators and pundits all agreed !!

By the way, how Darling stayed on the he pitch I will never know. He should have been sent off twice never mind booked !!

Sun Aug 25, 2024 10:59 pm

Squad Game - Our subs made the difference when they came on :thumbup:

Mon Aug 26, 2024 10:09 am

Updated:

Mon Aug 26, 2024 10:15 am

cardiffboy1995 wrote:Key thing I’ve noticed a few times now, Tanner seems to play really well when he’s on the pitch with Colwill.

Definitely mate. It happened a lot last season, they link up really well and bring out the best in each other.

But they are too attack minded for Bulut, that's why we only see them together when they come on as subs cos we're chasing the game.

Mon Aug 26, 2024 10:55 am

Sunday 25/08/24 Swansea City 1 Cardiff City 1 Crowd 20,174 Away Support 1,480