Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: “ I will say it again and again “

Wed Aug 28, 2024 8:35 pm

Merthyrfunhouse wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Merthyrfunhouse wrote:He’s at his level a glorified reserve match.
Can’t do it with the big boys consistently though.

Has he been given a run of say 5 starts? NO

But made 100 appearances at 22 yrs in the Championship.

Name another City Academy player to do that in the last 14 yrs please?

I can’t.
But he’s not had a run of 5 starts for a reason.
He’s played 100 appearances at 22 which is no longer a kid, and there’s next to no one trying to sign this so called talent. I’m as gutted as the next man but he just hasn’t got it.
In my opinion.

Fair enough

I will say it now, give him a run of games starting and he will show how good he is.

Wed Aug 28, 2024 8:37 pm

Merthyrfunhouse wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Has he been given a run of say 5 starts? NO

But made 100 appearances at 22 yrs in the Championship.

Name another City Academy player to do that in the last 14 yrs please?

I can’t.
But he’s not had a run of 5 starts for a reason.
He’s played 100 appearances at 22 which is no longer a kid, and there’s next to no one trying to sign this so called talent. I’m as gutted as the next man but he just hasn’t got it.
In my opinion.

We don’t want clubs to have him! He is now over 6ft and this is his time, as I say he had a growth spurt over 2 years which would affect any player. Give him starts.

Wed Aug 28, 2024 8:48 pm

This is going to be his season , he’s got all the talent , just needs to be trusted now by bulut , he is f*cking class

Wed Aug 28, 2024 9:23 pm

Merthyrfunhouse wrote:
Fontyblue wrote:

Given enough game time he’ll come good 100%

He’s had a 100 appearances is that not enough game time?
I hope your right.

How many of those games has he started? He needs a proper run of games, starting.

Wed Aug 28, 2024 9:26 pm

He needs to start games.

But, the key thing is he needs to start these games in the centre.
Not pushed wide. He does far more damage playing centrally.

Out of these 100 games he’s played too, I bet 80% of them are playing wide.
I also bet that at least 50% of them are from the bench.

Wed Aug 28, 2024 9:29 pm

And I also will say it again and again.

Rubin is class. And is getting classier. Bulut make him first choice at 10, stop using him as an impact sub to try and get us back into games we are behind in. I also feel there’s been a little bit of using him as a scapegoat at times when there are 10 other players on the pitch. We have had to be patient granted, but it’s happening. It’s paying off for him, now let’s start him. At times he is a joy to watch, frustrating also, but more-so a joy.

Wed Aug 28, 2024 10:21 pm

Merthyrfunhouse wrote:
Fontyblue wrote:

Given enough game time he’ll come good 100%

He’s had a 100 appearances is that not enough game time?
I hope your right.

Under bad managers, bad football, hoofball, manager roulette.

Nobody is going to progress under that.

Now he has a good chance with proper guidance.

Wed Aug 28, 2024 10:23 pm

He was a lot more vocal tonight, running the play when attacking, and that goal was pure class.

To me it was though EB had said go and show me why you should start, and by taking him off at 60 mins it was EB’s way of saying fair enough Rubin you proved you’ve got it.

I would rotate Rubin and Rambo, alternating starts and then subbing for the other one depending on how the game is going, that then protects Ramsey and develops Rubin.

Thu Aug 29, 2024 7:25 am

Welsh Exile wrote:He was a lot more vocal tonight, running the play when attacking, and that goal was pure class.

To me it was though EB had said go and show me why you should start, and by taking him off at 60 mins it was EB’s way of saying fair enough Rubin you proved you’ve got it.

I would rotate Rubin and Rambo, alternating starts and then subbing for the other one depending on how the game is going, that then protects Ramsey and develops Rubin.

Then Rubin, Robinson and Robertson should all start on Saturday.

Three quality players

Thu Aug 29, 2024 7:54 am

tangledupinblue wrote:And I also will say it again and again.

Rubin is class. And is getting classier. Bulut make him first choice at 10, stop using him as an impact sub to try and get us back into games we are behind in. I also feel there’s been a little bit of using him as a scapegoat at times when there are 10 other players on the pitch. We have had to be patient granted, but it’s happening. It’s paying off for him, now let’s start him. At times he is a joy to watch, frustrating also, but more-so a joy.

And I'll say it again. Last night was a very open game, unlike a typical league match and to be honest if he couldn't run the show under those circumstances there'd be something wrong with him. Won't be popular for saying it but I think the gaffer's got it right at the moment as when a match is tight and there's not much space to move in he seems to struggle to have the same impact as last night.

Thu Aug 29, 2024 9:23 am

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=240641

Thu Aug 29, 2024 2:49 pm

What I especially like about Colwill is he's always looking to attack when he receives the ball, he rarely passes backwards, yes he gets caught out at times, but he's a joy to watch.

Thu Aug 29, 2024 3:53 pm

I believe he needs to start continuously. Had a great game last night and showed what he is capable of, but Bellamy was there last night and hasn't picked him for welsh squad, coincidence.

Thu Aug 29, 2024 5:45 pm

Rubin needs to leave this manager.

Nothing against Bulut (for this thread) but he is too defensive and system-oriented for a player of Rubins's characteristics.

He is not good enough for the premier league, but for him to shine he needs to find a manager or club that wants you to take risks on the ball. Bulut isn't that, nor were Malky or Warnock either!

Colwell, Bagan and Robertson when he came on were the only ones passing the ball forward last night. You shuffle sideways to open up the next forward pass, we pass sideways then backward to keep the ball, better teams only move it sideways if nothing is on but it needs to go forward.

Bulut is more interested in the things he can't do, which is fine, thats him we are a unit, but if I was Colwell I'd look to get out

Thu Aug 29, 2024 6:01 pm

If Colwill plays then you need a work horses around him and sorry Ramesy is not that person .

He is still raw before his wonderful goal he hit a dreadful free kick to move one ,followed by a very weak corner , he then tried to spray a ball from deep to Reindorf which was no where near the strikers position and he had no chance of reaching the ball .

I do like his turn its very good and works of he off loads or shoots, sadly he's not got that extra bit of pace to move away from his marker , he needs to bulk and lean into his tackler in a more physical way .

Hey he's 22 and showing fabulous promise, next two years will define him .

If City sell him for less than 20 million they are mad . I wouldn't be shocked to see a Southampton bid come in , if it does he will have to realise he won't always be a first team pick .