Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ‘ Cardiff in the middle of Signing Striker ‘

Thu Aug 29, 2024 1:34 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Erol Bulut:

“I want a "game changer" signing.”

“I hope I will get one in, but until now we haven't been able to manage it," he confirmed.

"How I said about prices, what clubs are asking, what players are asking with their wages is difficult. We want quality players who can help us. We won’t just take a player who will sit on the bench, we want a player who can change a game.”

I thought Bulut said Anwar Was that player??

Must of missed the bit about Anwar.

No Wez,

I put that as when we signed Anwar that was Bulut’s words about Anwar

New signing

Thu Aug 29, 2024 1:40 pm

So Bullit doesn’t even get a say on this. He might not have heard of him. What a ridiculous state of affairs

And I say YET AGAIN- we will not sign a striker. Same excuses - it’s difficult/ has to be the right fit/ couldn’t get it across the line in time etc. we have had MONTHS to get one.

Willock for Grant
El Ghazi (not ready) for Bowler
Darland for Phillips
Kanga for the farmer
Robertson
And got rid of Wintle, Adams and Mcguiness.
Are we very much stronger - NO.

Thu Aug 29, 2024 1:41 pm

Bulut confirms it’s a club signing then. Very weird.

"This is a club signing for the future. He will have a loan to Kortrijk. But we still have a little bit of time to get a player in, I hope. But it's not easy. To bring only one in... it has to be the right person.

“About Roko Simic I cannot speak many things. It’s a club signing so how I know he will get loaned to Kortrijk. Maybe in the future he will be good for Cardiff but for now I cannot say any more."

Thu Aug 29, 2024 1:43 pm

Erol Bulut:

“A new striker”
"How I said about prices, what clubs are asking, what players are asking with their wages is difficult.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Aug 29, 2024 2:23 pm

“A new striker”
"How I said about prices, what clubs are asking, what players are asking with their wages is difficult.”

Same old story .good strikers cost money simple .

Thu Aug 29, 2024 2:25 pm

Cardiff City are set to sign Red Bull Salzburg striker Roko Simic and then immediately send him out on loan.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Aug 29, 2024 2:32 pm

If we are loaning this player out then just maybe we have indeed managed to bag that 'game changer' striker that Bulut seems to be hinting at but playing his cards close to his chest and just maybe we have a young premiership loan player lined up as well who wouldn't be prepared to sign if we had brought in 2 other strikers.

One has to wonder how Simic was persuaded to join us in one year's time and apparently turning down approaches from other clubs such as Sunderland.

Robertson, El-Ghazi & Willock, all in demand players, were apparently sold the 'dream'! We now have an in demand striker with a good CV prepared to wait a year for us so what is going on at the club. Is Bulut actually going to be in charge of this 'Dream' as he doesn't seem to be suggesting that Simic is his player. Has he been appointed on a temporay basis maybe until someone else becomes available?

We can ony dream and no doubt that dream will be ended by 11pm Friday evening!

Thu Aug 29, 2024 2:49 pm

It looks like Bulut has no say who leaves and not on all the players coming in?

Re: New signing

Thu Aug 29, 2024 2:52 pm

Brezza wrote:So Bullit doesn’t even get a say on this. He might not have heard of him. What a ridiculous state of affairs

And I say YET AGAIN- we will not sign a striker. Same excuses - it’s difficult/ has to be the right fit/ couldn’t get it across the line in time etc. we have had MONTHS to get one.

Willock for Grant
El Ghazi (not ready) for Bowler
Darland for Phillips
Kanga for the farmer
Robertson
And got rid of Wintle, Adams and Mcguiness.
Are we very much stronger - NO.

Mate, it’s a bizarre situation, still can’t work all this out, who decides?

Thu Aug 29, 2024 2:54 pm

Just completely Bizarre as has been said.

CCFC Need a striker desperately. At the end of last season we needed a striker. We were promised a striker in the window that would get goals. We have Kanga, who cannot be judged but early signs are a little worrying, based on the system we play, but, once again, a few days to go to the end of the window and we are struggling.

A Club signing or a Board Signing. Read into that what you will. For me it is clear Bulut knows nothing about him and couldnt care less about him, and, if thats the case, and we do in fact keep him if we dont get anyone else in, then Bulut has got to be hacked off, being 'given a player' to work with by a woefully inadequate and ridiculous transfer committee who seem to think they know about football, or at least more about football than Bulut.

While Tan and his cronies continue at the club (whilst living thousands of miles away) we will continue to be a bizarre circus!!

Thu Aug 29, 2024 3:02 pm

wez1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:What the fck is point of this? A future where bulut might not be involved in if he doesn’t buck his ideas up! I know clubs buy players that doesn’t involve the coach but this guy is proven player doesn’t need to gain experience yet sending him to a substandard team just to hope he improves their fortunes while we go on a wing and prayer we can get the goals from current players....

Sounds like bulut doesn't want him .

Wouldn't say that as buluts explanations are misleading if not confusing...... yes tan or whoever as brought player in but thats not unusual in today's football ... to me it looks like bulut after his type of striker which costs lots money as we know.... 20yr old got time on hands to make switch but find it odd considering other clubs sighn exactly same kind player but put them in 1st team or at least in squad ... sounds like bulut is not bothered about him as suspect bulut won't be here by next season... part of me understands the logic of such a move but then think why not take chance on him like other clubs do? We still need the proverbial 12 games to see what is what regarding new players and buluts new philosophy something several tv pundits have mentioned compared to last season.

Thu Aug 29, 2024 3:46 pm

Why not loam the Belgian club one of our misfiring strikers and see what this guy can do for us

Thu Aug 29, 2024 3:50 pm

Is it a work permit thing.... That was mentioned with Tsunda

Thu Aug 29, 2024 3:55 pm

Einstein wrote:Is it a work permit thing.... That was mentioned with Tsunda

Already qualifies for a work permit/visa so not because of that.

Thu Aug 29, 2024 4:07 pm

Looks like to me bulut doesn’t have a say in transfers

Thu Aug 29, 2024 4:09 pm

wez1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:What the fck is point of this? A future where bulut might not be involved in if he doesn’t buck his ideas up! I know clubs buy players that doesn’t involve the coach but this guy is proven player doesn’t need to gain experience yet sending him to a substandard team just to hope he improves their fortunes while we go on a wing and prayer we can get the goals from current players....

Sounds like bulut doesn't want him .

Not want him wez more like not at this moment in time as got other targets.

Thu Aug 29, 2024 4:10 pm

“A new striker”

WHAT?
Makes no sense. His English is bl##dy confusing :banghead: :banghead:

Thu Aug 29, 2024 4:52 pm

stentona wrote:

“A new striker”

WHAT?
Makes no sense. His English is bl##dy confusing :banghead: :banghead:

We are after prolific international goalscorer for conference league money

Thu Aug 29, 2024 5:33 pm

It is all a bit strange, there is the English language element but Bulut does talk in riddles a lot, half the time i guess its misdirection to what is happening.

My guess there 2 strikers and if we get both this lad is off to Belgium.

If anyone if off to Belgium my guess would be Ashford

Thu Aug 29, 2024 7:47 pm

What in the financial fair play is happening here then???

Also, whilst we're on topic, where's the one we signed last year and loaned out to them? Asian centre back wasn't it?

Thu Aug 29, 2024 7:51 pm

SB 1927 wrote:What in the financial fair play is happening here then???

Also, whilst we're on topic, where's the one we signed last year and loaned out to them? Asian centre back wasn't it?

Ryotaro Tsunoda?

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=240655

Thu Aug 29, 2024 10:21 pm

wez1927 wrote:Sounds like we got a striker lined up .

Let's hope so .

Fri Aug 30, 2024 6:46 am

Does sound a bit of a bizarre situation a “board” signing?

This will only make sense IF we get a new striker in today so I guess we will have to wait until 11pm

Fri Aug 30, 2024 9:01 am

I don’t believe it, most of it BULLSHIT

SO Sunderland need a Striker urgently and Top of the Championship and a Massive Club and Roko Šimić aged 21 turns them down for us, yet every Sunderland fan I know say it’s also bullshit they just looked at him and No thanks and We get him to Sign for us, we need a Striker ASAP and we then send to Tans club. SO MUCH SHITE

Sunderland media:

20-year-old Roko Simic was rumoured to be in Sunderland for a medical when the news broke last week That, however, was not true and it was all rumours.

Plus then Our manager Erol Bulut wants nothing to do with it and says it’s a board signing/ Unbelievable