Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: If EB goes then WHO ??

Sat Sep 14, 2024 8:18 pm

Or is his touchline ban not allowing him to come over?

Sat Sep 14, 2024 8:22 pm

Caerphillyblue1927 wrote:If he goes, I'd like us to go for Nathan Jones. Failing that Gary Rowett. But I don't trust our board to get it right in any way shape or form. :bluebird:

I'd be happy with these 2 but Alex Neil is my shout. Got Preston punching above and started the Sunderland revival. Take Stoke out of his CV and it's quite impressive.

Sat Sep 14, 2024 8:45 pm

Neil Warnock please till end of the season.

Sat Sep 14, 2024 8:48 pm

Ibby wrote:Neil Warnock please till end of the season.

No!

His ship has sailed, plus it just sets us back another year.

We have the players to play a high intensity pressing game, but we have a manager who wants to play with the handbrake on.

Sat Sep 14, 2024 10:04 pm

is Thiery Henry available :!:

Sat Sep 14, 2024 10:17 pm

A safe bet if Bulut goes would be Valerien Ismael.

That’s not me saying that I want him, I think that’s the type of manager our clueless board would go for.

If I had a choice and my choice was the one that counted, I’d go for David Wagner.

Sun Sep 15, 2024 12:47 am

If he goes I can see tan taking back control and doing his usual with promoting within but if by a miracle he actually would spend money on a new manager there is not that many managers out of the job who personally I’d be comfortable with getting this team going apart from Nathan jones there is also Graham potter, David moyes but I think with this club that would be hoping and dreaming too much to get managers or that calibre to join us

Sun Sep 15, 2024 6:01 am

I think what terrifies most of us is who on earth ran would choose. He will have lost trust in Dallas after the built appointment and may go rogue with one of his ‘left field’ appointments.

If we are looking logically there a are a few out of work that make sense..
David Wagner is an obvious one.
Slovisa jovanovic (may be out of our price range)
Alex Neil ( good solid choice but may not get anything out of our flair players like Willock and el ghazi)
Ryan Lowe (similar to Alex Neil)
Frank lampard (I wouldn’t want him as I think he’s been poor wherever he’s been)
Slavan bilic (I think his best days are behind him and he’s failed at the last few clubs)
Valerie’s Ishmael (I seem to always like him but don’t know why as he hasn’t really done it anywhere since Barnsley but for some reason I rate him)
Gary rowett (good solid manager with old fashioned football)
From that list for what it’s worth I would have a shortlist of David Wagner, Alex Neil and Ryan Lowe. My preference would be David Wagner just because the squad has been assembled to play football and it might be a slightly easier transition. We have less of the big strong warriors we have had in recent years and so appointing a coach who wants to play on the floor makes sense.

Anyway who knows fan might get a manager from the national league or third tier in Belgium

Sun Sep 15, 2024 7:19 am

snoopystorm wrote:is Thiery Henry available :!:

I beleive he left his last job about two or three weeks ago

Sun Sep 15, 2024 7:34 am

Have a few sheckles on Freyr Alexandersson who’s currently at the helm at Kortrijk..

Sun Sep 15, 2024 9:30 am

Ryan giggs

Sun Sep 15, 2024 9:32 am

Rambo.

Sun Sep 15, 2024 9:35 am

Natham Jones was my choice before bulut but we went for a mansger with no clue of the championship so compare the 2 ,
so why did we go for bulut in the first place ?
the board never go with what the fans want and we see rhe team week in week out and have more football nounce than any of the board.

Sun Sep 15, 2024 9:37 am

Simply has to be Aaron Ramsey

Sun Sep 15, 2024 12:56 pm

Knowing tans man u liking put wager on giggs .... high profile suits tans ego.... giggs needs way back into football so won't ask the world for a chance..... plus he's good with youngsters so ticks most of tans boxes....if there was protest at appointment given giigs problems would tan take any notice not sure he would given his history.

Sun Sep 15, 2024 1:46 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Knowing tans man u liking put wager on giggs .... high profile suits tans ego.... giggs needs way back into football so won't ask the world for a chance..... plus he's good with youngsters so ticks most of tans boxes....if there was protest at appointment given giigs problems would tan take any notice not sure he would given his history.

Allan, Giggs would be fine if he had Osian Roberts as his assistant but on his own, would be a no from me!

Sun Sep 15, 2024 2:11 pm

Igovernor wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Knowing tans man u liking put wager on giggs .... high profile suits tans ego.... giggs needs way back into football so won't ask the world for a chance..... plus he's good with youngsters so ticks most of tans boxes....if there was protest at appointment given giigs problems would tan take any notice not sure he would given his history.

Allan, Giggs would be fine if he had Osian Roberts as his assistant but on his own, would be a no from me!

That would work nicely... the thing is are there any really stands out managers available at this time? Not sure there is so for reasons stated giggs is a very logical choice.

Sun Sep 15, 2024 2:29 pm

The morality police would go ballistic with Giggs, that doesn't bother me, my issue would be how committed he'd be. International camps are all fine and dandy but championship management is all-encompassing. Would he be at training every day, first in?

I know Warnock wasn't always there but his coaching team was and they were a tight unit.

There are some decent names out there sitting at home, a contract to the end of the season work for both parties

Sun Sep 15, 2024 3:03 pm

I would get Osian Roberts. Highly respected Welsh manager (and assistant manager)and successful everywhere he has been.
However, he would need time to set out a style of play for the future and we won’t be offering a 2 year contract!!

Sun Sep 15, 2024 3:16 pm

Nathan Jones for me cardiff through and through no nonsense football knows what the fans Want

Sun Sep 15, 2024 3:36 pm

Lengee wrote:I would get Osian Roberts. Highly respected Welsh manager (and assistant manager)and successful everywhere he has been.
However, he would need time to set out a style of play for the future and we won’t be offering a 2 year contract!!

Good shout

Sun Sep 15, 2024 4:20 pm

SB 1927 wrote:Giggs beat his mrs up and pumped his brothers pregnant wife. I'd rather get relagated.

I agree, Giggs is a wrong un and Coleman is a thick jack. So eliminate both of these.
I just know that Bulut has to go, sooner the better

Sun Sep 15, 2024 6:55 pm

If Giggs gets the job then that’s me done. I’d want nothing to do with a club that appoints a fella who thinks shagging his brothers wife and knocking hell out of his girlfriend is ok

Sun Sep 15, 2024 7:00 pm

stickywicket wrote:Giggs

Never ever would I want someone who thinks it’s ok to sha*g his brothers wife and knock hell out of his girlfriend represent our club!

Wed Sep 18, 2024 5:00 pm

I like the look of this man, and he is available

Daniel Sousa (football manager)
Pedro Daniel da Cunha Pereira de Sousa (born 3 October 1984) is a Portuguese football manager who is currently without a club.

After working as a long-term assistant manager to André Villas-Boas, he started managing in his own right in the Primeira Liga in 2022.

Coaching career

Assistant

Sousa first met the Portuguese coach André Villas-Boas when the former was a student at the University of Porto, in the Faculty of Sports. He interviewed Villas-Boas about strategies for attacking football as part of his final-year thesis, and was later recommended to the young manager by professor of football José Guilherme, who was Villas-Boas' assistant at Académica.[1] Sousa was Villas-Boas' match analyst at Académica, Porto, Chelsea, Tottenham Hotspur, and Zenit Saint Petersburg, and assistant manager at Zenit Shanghai Port and Marseille spanning 10 years of service.[2][3]

Gil Vicente

On 16 November 2022, Sousa was named in his first managerial job, at his hometown club Gil Vicente FC. He replaced Ivo Vieira at the 16th-placed team.[4] His debut four days later was a 2–2 draw at S.C. Covilhã in the Taça da Liga group stage;[5] by winning the two other games they made the quarter-finals and lost 2–0 to eventual winners Porto.[6]

Sousa's first Primeira Liga game was a 1–0 home win over C.D. Santa Clara on 29 December 2022.[7] The following 26 February, he won 2–1 away to Porto, one of only three losses over the season for the opponents and of two at the Estádio do Dragão.[8] After a 13th-placed finish, he left on 26 June 2023 as the club president wanted a different manager.[9]

Arouca

On 15 November 2023, following the sacking of Daniel Ramos, Sousa was appointed manager of F.C. Arouca, who sat last place in the Primeira Liga table, signing a contract until the end of the 2023–24 season.[10] He made his debut eleven days later in the fourth round of the Taça de Portugal at home to Boavista F.C. and won on penalties after a 2–2 home draw.[11] On 3 December, away to the same opponents, he won 4–0 in his first league game.[12] He was the Manager of the Month for February 2024 with three wins and a loss, including a 3–2 home victory against FC Porto.[13]

Sousa departed the club on 20 May 2024, after a 7th-place finish in the campaign.[14]

Braga

On 24 May 2024, Sousa was announced as manager of Braga, signing a two-year contract. He was released from the position after a 1-1 draw with Amadora, on the 11 August 2024.

Managerial statistics

As of 11 August 2024
Managerial record by team and tenure
Team Nat From To Record Ref
G W D L GF GA GD Win %
Gil Vicente. Portugal 16 November 2022 26 June 2023 25 10 5 10 28 24 +4 40.00
Arouca Portugal 15 November 2023 20 May 2024 25 12 5 8 47 36 +11 48.00
Braga Portugal 24 May 2024 11 August 2024 4 2 2 0 8 1 +7 50.00
Total 54 24 12 18 83 61 +22 44.44