Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: BREAKING “ EROL BULUT TO BE SACKED “

Sat Sep 14, 2024 5:26 pm

I've just heard that Tan is making Purse and Chesterfield do a dance-off to determine who our next manager will be.

Sat Sep 14, 2024 5:33 pm

Warnock in with player manager Ramsey.

Sat Sep 14, 2024 5:39 pm

SB 1927 wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:Rob Phillips says he's spoken to someone at the club, and there is no truth in the rumours.

Do you think the club would let Rob Phillips know before an official announcement???

I'd assume be a "tell no-one" kind of basis.

:lol: Hopefully yeh :?

Sat Sep 14, 2024 5:40 pm

davids wrote:
MoodyBluebird wrote:
davids wrote:Nothing against the man personally as he seems like a nice bloke and it's never nice to see somebody lose their job.

However it was another massive mistake by the club ( amongst so many others) to give him a new contract when he was so obviously out of his depth and was incapable of coping with the demands of Championship football.

Should have been sacked at the end of last season.

Should have been sacked before the international break.

If it happens the circus will start again - unfortunately the clowns are still making the decisions.

They've got it wrong so many times who can possibly have confidence in them getting it right?

I don't believe he was out of his depth last season. He won 3 out of the 4 derby games and got us into a respectable finishing position.

Most fans were torn whether he should have his contract renewed but it was generally felt that with new players and a first season of championship football under his belt, he would be fine.

BUT, the lingering doubts we all had was the poor quality his teams produced throughout the season. Unfortunately this has continued but without any positive results to balance it.

So, nice guy or not, he's most definitely not the man to take us forward. But nobody could have forseen how disastrous our start to the season would be.

I actually think that it was very easy to foresee how disastrous our start to the season would be when you think back to the way we ended last season.

There was a tailing off of performances at the back end of last season but this happens to lots of clubs with nothing to play for.

I still maintain that nobody could forsee the dreadful start we've made to this campaign.

Sat Sep 14, 2024 5:47 pm

davids wrote:
cardiffboy1995 wrote:As others have said, Bulut come across as a good guy, so I really wanted him to succeed, but it looks done now.

Out of the options available: Slavisa Jovankovic, Nathan Jones.

Maybe a cheeky bid for Will Still? Yes, unlikely as he’s doing a good job at Lens. But, opportunity to come to English football which he’s said he’s always wanted to do. Very positive, young manager. But, would come with a price.

Tan's turn to pick a manager as Dalman has messed up with Bulut.

No chance Vincent will consider any of those names you mentioned.

Is Slade still free? I bet Steve Morison will be standing by his phone all evening.

That's the worry, Dalmans choice hasn't worked so does Tan (who hasn't got a clue about football) get the next pick ?? god forbid if he does.

Sat Sep 14, 2024 5:52 pm

Blue Valley wrote:Don’t like seeing managers sacked, but he clearly has no plan b.

I with you on this. Not nice to see anyone sacked from their job but if they are incompetent then the inevitable is coming.

Sat Sep 14, 2024 5:57 pm

cityone wrote:
davids wrote:
cardiffboy1995 wrote:As others have said, Bulut come across as a good guy, so I really wanted him to succeed, but it looks done now.

Maybe a cheeky bid for Will Still? Yes, unlikely as he’s doing a good job at Lens. But, opportunity to come to English football which he’s said he’s always wanted to do. Very positive, young manager. But, would come with a price.

Is Slade still free? I bet Steve Morison will be standing by his phone all evening.

That's the worry, Dalmans choice hasn't worked so does Tan (who hasn't got a clue about football) get the next pick ?? god forbid if he does.

Been promoted twice under tans picks also tbf tan picked slade who under the circumstances done OK

Sat Sep 14, 2024 5:58 pm

MoodyBluebird wrote:
davids wrote:
MoodyBluebird wrote:
davids wrote:Nothing against the man personally as he seems like a nice bloke and it's never nice to see somebody lose their job.

However it was another massive mistake by the club ( amongst so many others) to give him a new contract when he was so obviously out of his depth and was incapable of coping with the demands of Championship football.

Should have been sacked at the end of last season.

Should have been sacked before the international break.

If it happens the circus will start again - unfortunately the clowns are still making the decisions.

They've got it wrong so many times who can possibly have confidence in them getting it right?

I don't believe he was out of his depth last season. He won 3 out of the 4 derby games and got us into a respectable finishing position.

Most fans were torn whether he should have his contract renewed but it was generally felt that with new players and a first season of championship football under his belt, he would be fine.

BUT, the lingering doubts we all had was the poor quality his teams produced throughout the season. Unfortunately this has continued but without any positive results to balance it.

So, nice guy or not, he's most definitely not the man to take us forward. But nobody could have forseen how disastrous our start to the season would be.

I actually think that it was very easy to foresee how disastrous our start to the season would be when you think back to the way we ended last season.

There was a tailing off of performances at the back end of last season but this happens to lots of clubs with nothing to play for.

I still maintain that nobody could forsee the dreadful start we've made to this campaign.

I'm not bragging or anything like that but myself and other posters didn't think he could change his tactics and thought this could well happen.

Sat Sep 14, 2024 6:04 pm

I am not a football expert but clearly you could see at the end of the season and the way we played mostly at home - he was a poor manager. All my posts said this . Never understand people saying he should be offered a new contract- another mistake by the club.

Sat Sep 14, 2024 6:14 pm

Is lamouchi available?

Sat Sep 14, 2024 6:18 pm

Grandstand wrote:I am not a football expert but clearly you could see at the end of the season and the way we played mostly at home - he was a poor manager. All my posts said this . Never understand people saying he should be offered a new contract- another mistake by the club.

Agree

Sat Sep 14, 2024 6:53 pm

wez1927 wrote:
cityone wrote:
davids wrote:

Been promoted twice under tans picks also tbf tan picked slade who under the circumstances done OK

Fair point Wez, but which way will Tan go?? I mentioned Warnock last week, as a stop gap, he would get this lot playing for the shirt until the right, long term coach can be found. Either way at the moment, it's a total f***ing shambols.

Sat Sep 14, 2024 6:55 pm

cityone wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
cityone wrote:
davids wrote:

Fair point Wez, but which way will Tan go?? I mentioned Warnock last week, as a stop gap, he would get this lot playing for the shirt until the right, long term coach can be found. Either way at the moment, it's a total f***ing shambols.
david moyes for me but I think he would want premier football , rowlet does well in the championship tbf

Sat Sep 14, 2024 7:04 pm

If he does get sacked I should imagine it will be a few weeks before we appoint a new manager, we always do take forever. You would think Tan etc would have discussed the possibility over the international break and approach a suitable candidate, in case we carried on as we had been before the break.

Sat Sep 14, 2024 7:09 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:Rob Phillips says he's spoken to someone at the club, and there is no truth in the rumours.

They would say that to him though wouldn’t they.

Sat Sep 14, 2024 7:16 pm

After many months of concerns I posted my first Bulut out post on this site in January. I was voicing up about the very things that everybody now is complaining about. If an ordinary guy like me could see it then why can’t better qualified and experienced influencers see it, no they offer Bulut a two year contract! Oh hang on, it’s tan and Dalman. I am better qualified ! So are all of you!!!!

Quite simply some of the most frustrating, dire football I’ve seen at The City therefore makes him one of my least favourite managers in my 4 decades of attending games. At least Trollope tried to change things!

Spineless, gutless performances, rigid tactics, stubborn formation, inability to change or fix problems. This is so poor!!!!!!

Please be gone. Finally

New manager bounce for Leeds. But…. It’s Tan who will choose who. Please football men who get Cardiff City, please advise him!!!!

Sat Sep 14, 2024 7:22 pm

Please let this be true!!!

Sat Sep 14, 2024 7:32 pm

I don’t disagree with the decision given the form this season / back end of last, however you just know the club won’t have done any planning behind the scenes . Unlike other well run clubs who have a new manager pretty much lined up .

Sat Sep 14, 2024 7:35 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
stickywicket wrote:Rob Phillips just said Bulut has not been sacked.Make of it what you will.

Fair enough but still have trust in my source that what I have posted is the truth.

They’re also saying that Bulut won’t talk to the press after the game but don’t know if that’s because of the touchline ban.

Ned, you’ve never been one to put out stories without foundation and you clearly state it could be wrong, so I can’t see why some have jumped on to the negative…

I wanted Erol Bulut to stay but it is clear now that ‘something’ needs to change and Vincent Tan cannot be happy, as he wasn’t convinced that the manager deserved a two-year contract in the first place and he won’t be happy if he is proven right…

A critical time for the club as a whole and some very important decisions to be made over the next few days or weeks…

Sat Sep 14, 2024 7:50 pm

I always wanted to support Bulut for the sake of stability and in the hope that things would improve once he got ‘his choice of player’ in.. it’s clear things are not getting better and in fact are getting worse by the match.
The main problem is that I don’t see how we are setting up to hurt the opposition, I don’t see what we are trying to do to break a team down. We don’t have any pace, we lack energy and we always seem to be playing with the handbrake on.. it’s time for a change, but who would work under this board I have no idea and even if the best manager was available and willing to come I have no faith that this board would be able to make a sensible choice!

Sat Sep 14, 2024 7:58 pm

Watched the game today and no clue once we got passed the half way line it was boring football no urgency and no attacking flair never gonna score goals or win games like that in this league. If he goes and with no director of football it worries me to death who the idiots will get in next.They will never learn and haven't a clue..
Get lennie Lawrence in or someone who knows the club and the game to help us but no they won't do it.
No philosophy at our club either the ingredients arnt there from the top and unless they change this the circus just rolls on and on .
Absolutely shocking no they are all clueless and there supposed to be cleaver business men .Nothing clever about the way the club is run it's a shambles and shame on them for there persistent wrong doing.
Who next now I'm scared to even think

Sat Sep 14, 2024 8:14 pm

Who’s the source? Dai Hunt :lol:

Sat Sep 14, 2024 8:16 pm

Didnt acknowledge travelling support... unforgivable... cherrio erol

Sat Sep 14, 2024 8:23 pm

Even though I agree buluts time is up and the team is now in a constant downfall, I dread to think of who is going to replace him, because now tan is not going to trust Dalman’s after Bulut was Dalman’s ‘manager’ all I can see is either purse being promoted. If Tan does promote from within I’d want Omer Riza to stay on and see what he can do being an attacking coach and having experience working under decent championship coaches with Watford etc.

Sat Sep 14, 2024 8:43 pm

He has to go.

John Percy
@JPercyTelegraph
#CardiffCity are considering the future of manager Erol Bulut after today’s defeat at Derby. Bulut facing the sack following a fourth defeat in 5 Championship matches this season

Now do everything and bring Neil Warnock back :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Sat Sep 14, 2024 8:49 pm

There's f**k all to cheer and get behind.
The tactics are awful, it's like playing with shackles on...
No quality striker, no midfield or CB leader, no flying winger to raise the passion, the players like sheep for the negative shepherd.
Oh for a Bothroyd, Burke and peak Morrison to get behind.
And a footballing version of Warnock or Mackay to galvanise us all.

Sat Sep 14, 2024 8:51 pm

The majority of us wanted Bulut to get an extension.

I can admit I was one of those. But after being backed and with a pretty decent squad he simply isn’t getting the best out of this group of players and some of his selections are baffling.

The players don’t look like they believe in Bulut’s methods and only got the point at the Jacks through sheer determination and fronting up themselves.

It’s time to go and let someone like Ramsey have a go. I’m not a fan of Nathan Jones (a poor man’s Warnock in my eyes) but maybe this is the time to give him a chance.

Time for change………. unfortunately.

Sat Sep 14, 2024 8:53 pm

I am not hearing he’s been Sacked

I’ve heard he was summoned to a talk with with Tan

Sat Sep 14, 2024 9:39 pm

Sven wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
stickywicket wrote:Rob Phillips just said Bulut has not been sacked.Make of it what you will.

Fair enough but still have trust in my source that what I have posted is the truth.

They’re also saying that Bulut won’t talk to the press after the game but don’t know if that’s because of the touchline ban.

Ned, you’ve never been one to put out stories without foundation and you clearly state it could be wrong, so I can’t see why some have jumped on to the negative…

I wanted Erol Bulut to stay but it is clear now that ‘something’ needs to change and Vincent Tan cannot be happy, as he wasn’t convinced that the manager deserved a two-year contract in the first place and he won’t be happy if he is proven right…

A critical time for the club as a whole and some very important decisions to be made over the next few days or weeks…

Thanks Chris.

As you say, I’m not someone who posts information I’ve been told on a regular basis. As I said, what I’ve been told by who’s told me this has never been incorrect.

If it turns out to be wrong, then I will hold my hands up. But I did think this was worth posting.

People are referring to Rob Phillips’ comments where he said his source within the club said there was no truth in the rumours. I have a lot of respect for Rob but people need to remember that his source is usually the club Chairman who is not likely to say a manager is going before it has been officially announced.

No announcement tonight obviously but I still have faith in what I’ve been told. If there is no announcement by Monday night then I will be the first to apologise.

Your point about Vincent Tan not being completely sold on giving Bulut the new contract is very important.

Sat Sep 14, 2024 10:00 pm

Ned I am with you on this, we will know by Monday . I believe your honesty and if thongs change I do not think its down to you.