Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Breaking: Dave Jones Hmmmmmmmmmm?

Tue Sep 17, 2024 3:54 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Howieblue wrote:Do we give EB more time, for me Malky was better than Dave Jones, under Jones he sold all our best players, Malky bought players, i think we should build with what we have got, survival is the key here, so I would look for someone who can build this club.

Jones had to sell to keep the club afloat, Dave Jones with money would of done better than malky or any other manager we've had since .

People seem to forget that wez he done things on the cheap compared to the other managers to date money wise and where we finished come the end of the season.

What I will say is we played our best football under Jones compared to every other manager we have had since then in my opinion.

Although there's probably no truth in story like the droves of others on social media.

Ian this is my post and it’s honest

Tue Sep 17, 2024 4:13 pm

Clutching at straws here ffs i would put him in the same basket of warnock mc'carthy malky we need someone who is up to speed with the championship not hankering back to a golden ere
Its like an old girlfriend never go back
Please lets look elswhere and its up to tan to spend the money if he wants top 2.
But what a bloody start to our aniversary year,

And if we do loose sat i hope fans will not just sit there or f.ck off before the end ,
make your voice heard loud and clear otherwise it will just carry on .

Tue Sep 17, 2024 4:18 pm

Has to be better than what we have on the proviso that it is interim only ... however, I'd prefer Warnock as an interim - at least he would have the team running through brick walls again!

Tue Sep 17, 2024 4:25 pm

I'd love to get DJ back to the end of the season. In the modern world of identikit managers, DJ's throwback tactics could flummox the EUFA A badges brigade.

Tue Sep 17, 2024 4:28 pm

No no no, let's move on from the past. I don't get the clubs fascination with re hiring past employees. No surprise tho as the management are clueless.

Tue Sep 17, 2024 4:37 pm

FOOTSOLDIER wrote:No no no, let's move on from the past. I don't get the clubs fascination with re hiring past employees. No surprise tho as the management are clueless.

The club has nothing to do with this, why is everyone acting like he's coming back?

Annis said that Tan likes him but so what ? Last time I checked we had a manager, no matter how bad he is, and it doesn't look like he's going anywhere, let's get rid of him first before going off the deep end.

Tue Sep 17, 2024 5:24 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:Click bait??

This is a complete non story!!

Is it? well it’s actually not as I have seen the messages personally

Chopra himself told me yesterday that DJ had asked

Chopra got a fiver on it?

Tue Sep 17, 2024 6:33 pm

I'm not sure of the actually validity of this but here's my two cents.

I liked DJ. He played some good football and it was an exciting time for City.

Would I have him back now? No.

Football has moved on, his tactics are outdated now and to be honest the two jobs he's had since us haven't exactly been good.

Tue Sep 17, 2024 7:01 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:I'm not sure of the actually validity of this but here's my two cents.

I liked DJ. He played some good football and it was an exciting time for City.

Would I have him back now? No.

Football has moved on, his tactics are outdated now and to be honest the two jobs he's had since us haven't exactly been good.

I'm with on that. His record since leaving City is not good at all. If this was 2014 after Malky was sacked then I'd say yes but it's a definite NO from me.

Tue Sep 17, 2024 8:12 pm

Last I heard was DJ was a financial consultant and was away from football.
How many years has he been away from football never lone the championship. Would be a real gamble .
I would however have DJ back as a director of football now that would please me maybe then we will improve on and off the pitch

Tue Sep 17, 2024 9:06 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Bluebird1977 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Howieblue wrote:Do we give EB more time, for me Malky was better than Dave Jones, under Jones he sold all our best players, Malky bought players, i think we should build with what we have got, survival is the key here, so I would look for someone who can build this club.

Jones had to sell to keep the club afloat, Dave Jones with money would of done better than malky or any other manager we've had since .

People seem to forget that wez he done things on the cheap compared to the other managers to date money wise and where we finished come the end of the season.

What I will say is we played our best football under Jones compared to every other manager we have had since then in my opinion.

Although there's probably no truth in story like the droves of others on social media.

Yep, I agree that your OP was based on genuine information and appears to be true…! :thumbup:

Tue Sep 17, 2024 10:02 pm

Let's turn the clock back and get to where we are now 2011 - 2024 ....

Dave Jones was the 1st manager who Tan sacked or got rid of back in May 2011 ... many more have followed :shock:

Dave Jones might want the job as is posted ...But does Tan want him back ???

Wed Sep 18, 2024 7:46 am

As a director of football, maybe? As first team coach - definitely not.

Wed Sep 18, 2024 7:56 am

Sven wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Bluebird1977 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Yep, I agree that your OP was based on genuine information and appears to be true…! :thumbup:

Cheers Chris,

Yes it’s 100% True

Wed Sep 18, 2024 9:49 am

Yesterdays man. Cardiff City was the "perfect fit" for him as a manager way back in 2005, after torrid personal issues. Peter Ridsdale bringing him in, and Terry Burton as coach. Don't underestimate Peter Ridsdals influence in attracting ex Leeds Utd and Barnsley players to our club, or Terry Burtons excellent coaching methods either.

Twenty years on, and a lot has changed. DJ will alway be remember as a manager who ultimately fell short of the last hurdle, and could never repeat anything remotely close at other clubs, to what was achieved at City.

Not for me!

Wed Sep 18, 2024 12:41 pm

Jesus how old is he now, his knees were shot then and he had difficulty walking far.

Not for me way too old and way out of touch, it would be like bringing Bothroyd and Chopra back to play up front.

All great in their day, but that was years ago.

Wed Sep 18, 2024 12:45 pm

Bluebina wrote:Jesus how old is he now, his knees were shot then and he had difficulty walking far.

Not for me way too old and way out of touch, it would be like bringing Bothroyd and Chopra back to play up front.

All great in their day, but that was years ago.

And Chopra and Boothroyd wouldn’t be the better option right now…? ;) :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 18, 2024 1:16 pm

Not for me, time to move on
Couple of names Nathan Jones, Liam ROSEINOR, ALEX NEIL, Gary rowett David Wagner just a few names

Wed Sep 18, 2024 6:06 pm

we had the FA cup final thank you Dave Jones but a big no from me, him coming back when things was good he seemed ok but he blamed everyone when it went wrong including us the supporters I hated him by the time he left, he stayed to long and out stayed his welcome sadly. He been out of the game way to long.

Spend some money get David Moyes

Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:04 am

Personally I’d give him the next 3 games to turn it around. We have had a tough start to the season fixtures wise and if we are sacking him for losing to Leeds I don’t see the point may aswel sack him now.

Hes had a knack of winning random games away we didn’t expect since he’s been here. I think we can turn over Hull.

Say we lose to Leeds, draw with Hull and beat Millwall at home. That’d be big even so.

If Millwall was the home game this weekend and he lost maybe he’d go after that but it isn’t the case.

FYI - I always want to sit on the side of loyalty rather than sacking. Paying off his big contract is expensive for the club.

Thu Sep 19, 2024 4:15 pm

I’d take him back in a heartbeat and I know most on here would too. Heck, I’d even take back Jay and Chops up front. Neither of them are in their 40s yet and would easily do a job at this level