Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Who will win Euro 2024?

You may select 1 option

View results

Re: England v Switzerland “ Euro 2024 topic “

Sat Jul 06, 2024 8:45 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:That game had everything that is wrong with the British game, playing not to lose rather than playing to win.

Looking forward to the Turkey game, they won't be playing not to lose.

It's the so called lesser countries that have played more exciting football while the likes of England Italy played defensive football hoping their stars would get them through? England remind me of the Greece team that won euros playing dire defensive football with no ambition to win the game ...

Re: Semi finals confirmed “ Euro 2024 topic “

Sat Jul 06, 2024 8:57 pm

Euro 2024 Semi Finals

Spain v France - Tuesday 9th July, 8pm

Netherlands v England - Wednesday 10th July, 8pm

Re: Semi finals confirmed “ Euro 2024 topic “

Sun Jul 07, 2024 10:27 pm

France find themselves in the semi-final without scoring a goal from open play - When was the last time that happened ??

Looking forward to the semi-finals ...

Re: Spain v France “ Euro 2024 topic “

Tue Jul 09, 2024 6:58 pm

Spain v France about to start, with the winner going into the final

Tue Jul 09, 2024 7:09 pm

France lead after 8 minutes

Kolo Muani heads in from Mbappe’s cross

Tue Jul 09, 2024 7:15 pm

Just what the game needed. No playing for penalties now :laughing5:

Tue Jul 09, 2024 7:21 pm

Spain equalise

Unbelievable goal by Yamal

Tue Jul 09, 2024 7:23 pm

16 years old! What a screamer of a goal.

Tue Jul 09, 2024 7:25 pm

Spain now 2-1 up

Tue Jul 09, 2024 7:35 pm

I’ll be shocked if the winner of this match doesn’t win the whole thing on Sunday

Neither of the teams in tomorrow’s semi final will get anywhere near them in the final, especially if it’s Spain

Tue Jul 09, 2024 7:41 pm

Spain are so refreshing, tiki taka bored the nuts off me but this is brilliant football.

4231 (defensive) with inverted forwards has become the 442 of the 2000's.....Erol hope you are watching

Tue Jul 09, 2024 7:41 pm

I’m glad Yamal doesn’t play for us - he’d get to 22/23 and still be classed as “having potential “.

Tue Jul 09, 2024 7:47 pm

HT: Spain 2-1 France

Tue Jul 09, 2024 7:51 pm

Daibush wrote:I’m glad Yamal doesn’t play for us - he’d get to 22/23 and still be classed as “having potential “.

You're not wrong, he would still be playing with the under 16s as well.

Tue Jul 09, 2024 8:18 pm

433 with three DM's is plainly not working for Deschamps, How long beofre one had to come on for griesman

Tue Jul 09, 2024 8:54 pm

FT: Spain 2-1 France

Spain are in the final, where they will play Netherlands or England.

France were one of the favourites to win the tournament but exit at the semi final stage.

Tue Jul 09, 2024 8:56 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:FT: Spain 2-1 France

Spain are in the final, where they will play Netherlands or England.

France were one of the favourites to win the tournament but exit at the semi final stage.

France missed to many chances 2nd half....

Re: Spain in the final “ Euro 2024 topic “

Tue Jul 09, 2024 9:00 pm

Wonder goal from a wonder kid what a talent

Tue Jul 09, 2024 9:01 pm

Mbappe was the disappointment of the tournament, didn't do a thing to justify his billing and should have scored but fired over the bar.

Step up Lamine Yamal, 16 years old & still way better than Mbappe in this Euros.

Tue Jul 09, 2024 9:33 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:Mbappe was the disappointment of the tournament, didn't do a thing to justify his billing and should have scored but fired over the bar.

Step up Lamine Yamal, 16 years old & still way better than Mbappe in this Euros.

I am like a broken record here, but Mbappe is the best in the business at what he does, left wide forward cutting inside but every man and his dog can counter it nowadays.
Tonight's 3 defensive midfielders was so negative, Greisman links the midfield and forwards. I had a free bet on France but I am happy that Spain are through and another negative defensibly, do not do-not-lose team has not progressed.

Spain have more chance of beating England as well.

Tue Jul 09, 2024 10:27 pm

NETERLANDS v ENGLAND ... Up Next ;)

Tue Jul 09, 2024 10:31 pm

llan bluebird wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:Mbappe was the disappointment of the tournament, didn't do a thing to justify his billing and should have scored but fired over the bar.

I am like a broken record here, but Mbappe is the best in the business at what he does, left wide forward cutting inside but every man and his dog can counter it nowadays.
Tonight's 3 defensive midfielders was so negative, Greisman links the midfield and forwards. I had a free bet on France but I am happy that Spain are through and another negative defensibly, do not do-not-lose team has not progressed.

Spain have more chance of beating England as well.

Mbappe had a poor tournament. It’s been said that he was distracted by the political situation in France. I happen to agree with him but as a professional footballer in a major tournament, he shouldn’t have let that impact on his performance.

There were also reports that he found it difficult playing with the mask on. He was a little bit better without it tonight, but not much.

I agree Spain were more likely of the two to beat England. But I honestly can’t see England beating the Netherlands. What cost Slovakia and Switzerland against England was poor finishing but Netherlands should have enough firepower to win with Gakpo having a good tournament.

Wed Jul 10, 2024 12:18 am

I feel like an honorary Spaniard, having rooted for them since the tournament began.

Is there another football team on Earth, either club or country who pass and move so effortlessly and with such precision ? Normally I would say that a great club side would beat a great international side but as far as Spain are concerned, I don't think they would.

As much as I would hate to see England in the final, part of me would like to see Spain tear them to pieces.

Wed Jul 10, 2024 12:12 pm

If there is any justice in the world, Spain should win the final.

Re: Netherlands v England “ Euro 2024 topic “

Wed Jul 10, 2024 6:34 pm

Netherlands v England gets underway in just under half an hour to decide who plays Spain in Sunday’s final.

Basically, tonight we’ll find out who will get beaten in the final.

Wed Jul 10, 2024 6:40 pm

New song
we seen you run from the holland
Holland running the england fans back into a pub.

Wed Jul 10, 2024 7:08 pm

Xavi Simons gives the Netherlands the lead on seven minutes

Brilliant goal

Wed Jul 10, 2024 7:18 pm

England equalise, Harry Kane penalty

Really poor decision in my opinion

Wed Jul 10, 2024 7:18 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Xavi Simons gives the Netherlands the lead on seven minutes

Brilliant goal

Ffs nobody said was penalty kane kicked defender 1-1 awful decision by officials even England pundit said no pen

Wed Jul 10, 2024 7:23 pm

I didn't think it was a pen at first but like Clattenburg changed my mind with the replay.