Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Who will win Euro 2024?

You may select 1 option

View results

Re: Netherlands v England “ Euro 2024 topic “

Wed Jul 10, 2024 7:25 pm

Kane kicks defender gets penalty. Absolute joke.

If VAR comes to the Championship I won’t watch until it’s gone.

Wed Jul 10, 2024 7:27 pm

Totally agree with you one of the all time ridiculous penalty decisions

Wed Jul 10, 2024 7:31 pm

skiprat wrote:Totally agree with you one of the all time ridiculous penalty decisions

Making up after Bellingham called him a cheat!

Wed Jul 10, 2024 7:33 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:I didn't think it was a pen at first but like Clattenburg changed my mind with the replay.

Who kicked who? Defender didn't touch kane kanes follow through kicked him.... all Defender did was put foot up to block shot... when English pundit says wasn't a pen you know its not one..

Wed Jul 10, 2024 7:34 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
skiprat wrote:Totally agree with you one of the all time ridiculous penalty decisions

I'm surprised he was ever allowed to ref a game again never mind at the Euros.

Wed Jul 10, 2024 7:35 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

I'm surprised he was ever allowed to ref a game again never mind at the Euros.

Won't get final as uefa drop refs who make balls up

Wed Jul 10, 2024 7:39 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Welshman in CA wrote:I didn't think it was a pen at first but like Clattenburg changed my mind with the replay.

Who kicked who? Defender didn't touch kane kanes follow through kicked him.... all Defender did was put foot up to block shot... when English pundit says wasn't a pen you know its not one..

You think it wasn't, I think it was. Whoever your pundit is says no penalty mine says yes it is as does Clatterbug, 2-1 to my pundits :D :D :D

At the end of the day I don't really care who wins this game as I think whoever it is will lose to Spain.

Wed Jul 10, 2024 7:48 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

You think it wasn't, I think it was. Whoever your pundit is says no penalty mine says yes it is as does Clatterbug, 2-1 to my pundits :D :D :D

At the end of the day I don't really care who wins this game as I think whoever it is will lose to Spain.

You and shearer make a minority! :D
But your right think Spain by far best side in taunement ...Will say the rules of football been changed judging by whst is a penalty? Use to be hand to ball now it's ball to hand.... use to be if opponent kicks you now it's if you kick opponent and you fall over... :o
Lee Dixon says no penalty
Last edited by pembroke allan on Wed Jul 10, 2024 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jul 10, 2024 7:48 pm

HT: Netherlands 1-1 England

England have been the better team but fortunate to be level thanks to a dodgy penalty decision by a dodgy referee

Wed Jul 10, 2024 7:57 pm

Ian Wright says it was the right decision because it was reckless.

Roy Keane says Harry Kane knew what he was doing by staying down for so long.

Gary Neville:

“As a defender, that decision is a disgrace. We’re all going mad if people are saying that is reckless. The decision was a disgrace.”

Wed Jul 10, 2024 7:58 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:HT: Netherlands 1-1 England

England have been the better team but fortunate to be level thanks to a dodgy penalty decision by a dodgy referee

Ian wright says defender was reckless?? Neville calls it a disgraceful decision

Wed Jul 10, 2024 8:05 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:HT: Netherlands 1-1 England

Ian wright says defender was reckless?? Neville calls it a disgraceful decision

Fair play to Neville for at least trying to be impartial, I agree with him.

Wright made a bit of an idiot of himself there, he’d be fuming if that went against England.

Wed Jul 10, 2024 8:06 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Ian Wright says it was the right decision because it was reckless.

Gary Neville:

“As a defender, that decision is a disgrace. We’re all going mad if people are saying that is reckless. The decision was a disgrace.”

I hate it when pundits are so biased can't make an honest assessment as they're supposed to do

Wed Jul 10, 2024 8:25 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Ian Wright says it was the right decision because it was reckless.

Gary Neville:

I hate it when pundits are so biased can't make an honest assessment as they're supposed to do

He's biased because he doesn't agree with you? Come on Allan you're better than that. Maybe you're biased because it's England & if it was Wales you would say penalty all day. Wright may be biased because he's an attacker, Peter Schmeichel said penalty at half time on my feed, is he biased as well? Sturridge said pen (attacker), Alexi Lalas said no pen (defender).

An attacker says pen & a defender says not a pen on your feed & mine, there's your bias if there's bias right there if there's any, they all are because of where they played.

Wed Jul 10, 2024 8:41 pm

Welshman in CA wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Gary Neville:

He's biased because he doesn't agree with you? Come on Allan you're better than that. Maybe you're biased because it's England & if it was Wales you would say penalty all day. Wright may be biased because he's an attacker, Peter Schmeichel said penalty at half time on my feed, is he biased as well? Sturridge said pen (attacker), Alexi Lalas said no pen (defender).

An attacker says pen & a defender says not a pen on your feed & mine, there's your bias if there's bias right there if there's any, they all are because of where they played.

Yes want England to lose but by same token if its a close call I would say could be given or not .... I understand the perspective is different for different players but what made it a penalty ? Defender clearly puts leg up to block shot he doesn't touch kanes leg but kane hits defender with follow through now all the mentioned players saw that so since when is it a foul for putting leg up?... think Neville summed it up best with people are conditioned that all contact in penalty area is a foul? On wright do you think it was a reckless challenge ? That's why I say he's biased if said he was giving ref a decision to make fine but reckless bit ott Neville went ballistic with him over that comment yes one defender one forward but ask wright would he like it if given against his side we all know his answer... :D

Wed Jul 10, 2024 8:50 pm

Ollie Watkins looks to have won it for England late on

Wed Jul 10, 2024 8:52 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Ollie Watkins looks to have won it for England late on

Got to say Good goal ... so best give SSN a miss this week... :lol:

Re: Spain v England final “ Euro 2024 topic “

Wed Jul 10, 2024 8:55 pm

FT: Netherlands 1-2 England

Spain will play England in the Euro 2024 final on Sunday

Wed Jul 10, 2024 8:59 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:FT: Netherlands 1-2 England

Spain will play England in the Euro 2024 final on Sunday

Southgate is a genius now according the pundits for his substitutions earlier he was a clown.... :lol:

Wed Jul 10, 2024 9:06 pm

I just can't see England beating Spain

Wed Jul 10, 2024 9:08 pm

Paul Keevil wrote:I just can't see England beating Spain

I agree. Spain have been brilliant all tournament.

England fortunate to get this far, but were a million times better tonight.

Will say that the stars do seem to be aligning for England this tournament.

If it happens, I’d suggest going into a media blackout.

Wed Jul 10, 2024 9:08 pm

Unfortunately I’ve said it from day one that England will win this, it’s going to be unbearable living in the UK when they win it, I’ll have to turn everything off, worst thing to happen

Wed Jul 10, 2024 9:36 pm

Knighthood for Southgate OBE for entire squad public holiday to mark occasion ... and endless crap on all sports channels anout them.... come on city give us something to take mind off them? :D

Wed Jul 10, 2024 11:17 pm

Going to be a good final - Spain have been the team of the tournament .

Wed Jul 10, 2024 11:46 pm

I said in an earlier post that I hoped England would win their semi so Spain can rip them to pieces in the final. Hope I haven't jinxed Spain.

Yes the stars do seem to be aligning for England but thinking positively Spain will have had an extra rest day and they have a vastly superior team.

Thu Jul 11, 2024 5:10 am

Fair play to Southgate, he knows how to get England far in tournaments.

I think Spain will be too much for them, if not then so be it. I will just have to have a media blackout until the day that I die.

Thu Jul 11, 2024 11:15 pm

The UEFA guidelines on England penalty? It's ambiguous and confusing

The rule states: “It is committed with an opponent nearby and prevents the opponent from playing the ball for fear of injury.

“Playing in a dangerous manner involves no physical contact between the players. If there is physical contact, the action becomes an offence punishable with a direct free kick or penalty kick.”

It continued: “In the case of physical contact, the referee should carefully consider the high probability that misconduct has also been committed.”

Thu Jul 11, 2024 11:44 pm

pembroke allan wrote:The UEFA guidelines on England penalty? It's ambiguous and confusing

The rule states: “It is committed with an opponent nearby and prevents the opponent from playing the ball for fear of injury.

“Playing in a dangerous manner involves no physical contact between the players. If there is physical contact, the action becomes an offence punishable with a direct free kick or penalty kick.”

It continued: “In the case of physical contact, the referee should carefully consider the high probability that misconduct has also been committed.”

Thu Jul 11, 2024 11:53 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:The UEFA guidelines on England penalty? It's ambiguous and confusing

Picture clearly dhows kane kicking leg of defender.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Jul 12, 2024 8:40 pm

I live in a part of England that is genuinely not that arsed about England in general. It's a Wales in England which helps me cope with these tournaments. However, I am a big boy and whilst I also share the same dislike of media domination for England, I love footy and watch these England players week in week out in the premier league. I hope they win as opposed to Spain.

I always say to my English mates when they say' I bet your praying we lose.
'. I always say the same sentence in response, "I want you to win, but I will never celebrate or lose sleep in you dont". So I have the best viewing experience.