Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' CARDIFF CITY FOOTBALL CLUB STATEMENT '

Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:25 pm

Malky bought amazing young players, most people on here have forgotten the team he inherited from jones! Old useless has beens and a shed load of loan players! 10 years it took to get out of the championship, all thanks to Malky and his team buying the likes of noone, Campbell, turner. You can't say he only bought shit! His team brought in Medel and caulker! People slagging Medel off as a shit player? Just because he's a defensive player and everyone wants us to play like United in the 90's in our first season in the premier league? Get a grip! So much negativity about Malky? If it wasn't for him we wouldn't even have been in the premier league, not to mention a league cup final! Which was my most proudest game as a Cardiff supporter! Taking Liverpool to penalties as every player worked for each other, something I never saw under Jones! To many fickle glory hunting plastics! As for the suits? Making a rebrand that was a complete and utter fail, to stubborn to change it back, turning the fans on each other, creating a divide, ruining the atmosphere as half our songs have been list with our old badge, no hey Jude before kick off? That's the real shit people should be moaning about! If we go down, we go down, If we stay up, we stay up, I support Cardiff city and I'll be there after the red revolution, tan and all the plastics!

Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:28 pm

GingerSprockit wrote:Malky bought amazing young players, most people on here have forgotten the team he inherited from jones! Old useless has beens and a shed load of loan players! 10 years it took to get out of the championship, all thanks to Malky and his team buying the likes of noone, Campbell, turner. You can't say he only bought shit! His team brought in Medel and caulker! People slagging Medel off as a shit player? Just because he's a defensive player and everyone wants us to play like United in the 90's in our first season in the premier league? Get a grip! So much negativity about Malky? If it wasn't for him we wouldn't even have been in the premier league, not to mention a league cup final! Which was my most proudest game as a Cardiff supporter! Taking Liverpool to penalties as every player worked for each other, something I never saw under Jones! To many fickle glory hunting plastics! As for the suits? Making a rebrand that was a complete and utter fail, to stubborn to change it back, turning the fans on each other, creating a divide, ruining the atmosphere as half our songs have been list with our old badge, no hey Jude before kick off? That's the real shit people should be moaning about! If we go down, we go down, If we stay up, we stay up, I support Cardiff city and I'll be there after the red revolution, tan and all the plastics!

SPOT ON :thumbup: :thumbup:

" The Vincent Tan Circus Continues "
link
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136175

Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:38 pm

IMO - This is only about Malkys "compensation".

There could be an argument for dismissal through failure to laok after the companies interest. Publicly losing so much money on a young player may be enough to knock a few million off Malkys dismissal.

Personally i take no sides, its done ... Onwards and upwards (hopefully)

Re: club statement

Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:40 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:
Willy-Wonka wrote:I am genuinely bored of explaining that our best players were bought under Mackay. Some dirt cheap.

He only had the clubs interests at heart

agree not every player is going to work out it was the first time he had a big budget was always going to be hard

Poor excuse. Not every player will work out, but any man with a brain would know not to spend so much (and add ons) on certain players, especially a young striker in an average league who just had his first proper season. It's just ludicrous.

He brought in some good (not enough if you ask me), but the bad was expensive. The only advantage I can think of of Solksjaers signings are that besides Caulker and Medel, the rest of our squad have a high change of staying, and I think the Norweigans would excel in the Championship.

Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:42 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Just shows once again how unprofessional our club still is, it also shows how Simon Lim and Dictator Tan know nothing about football and our club.

We are currently in a relegation battle Thanks to Tans Circus this season, the Clown can never shut it, this statement will have only been issued with Clown Tans say so. I can not believe they are still talking total nonsense at this stage of the season. Surely they should be rallying our fans, instead of once again causing a divide.

Simon Lim is responsible for All those players contracts along with Malky and Moody, Simon Lim wrote them up,signed them off and organised the transfer of all monies, when the shit hit the fan, he went on holiday. Now when everything is calm again, he stirs it all up again.

Tan and Lim your the ones who are dividing and hurting our club.

The Tan Circus continues. Tan Out and take Lim with you :thumbup:

I don't think any of us like what has go on rebrand, do any of us really know what has gone on with Malky and Tan ?, You say Tan out so do you know a buyer for the club that is going to spend 130 - 180 mil, if tan pulls out tomorrow how long will our club last ? we all want an owner that will will change us back to Blue but for the foreseeable future that's not going to happen. I would rather have a club to watch than none at all for now

Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:45 pm

Pontyclun Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Just shows once again how unprofessional our club still is, it also shows how Simon Lim and Dictator Tan know nothing about football and our club.

We are currently in a relegation battle Thanks to Tans Circus this season, the Clown can never shut it, this statement will have only been issued with Clown Tans say so. I can not believe they are still talking total nonsense at this stage of the season. Surely they should be rallying our fans, instead of once again causing a divide.

Simon Lim is responsible for All those players contracts along with Malky and Moody, Simon Lim wrote them up,signed them off and organised the transfer of all monies, when the shit hit the fan, he went on holiday. Now when everything is calm again, he stirs it all up again.

I don't think any of us like what has go on rebrand, do any of us really know what has gone on with Malky and Tan ?, You say Tan out so do you know a buyer for the club that is going to spend 130 - 180 mil, if tan pulls out tomorrow how long will our club last ? we all want an owner that will will change us back to Blue but for the foreseeable future that's not going to happen. I would rather have a club to watch than none at all for now

I will just say this, our club is no longer a proud and passionate club, its a joke with NO Identity.

There is always a buyer around the corner and your right our club is now over £150mill in debt thanks to CLOWN/DICTATOR TAN, WITH NO IDENTITY AND DIVIDED FANS, ALL SADLY TRUE FACTS.

Was there any need to start all this up again by the clowns?

Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:52 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Pontyclun Blue wrote:

I will just say this, our club is no longer a proud and passionate club, its a joke with NO Identity.

There is always a buyer around the corner and your right our club is now over £150mill in debt thanks to CLOWN/DICTATOR TAN, WITH NO IDENTITY AND DIVIDED FANS, ALL SADLY TRUE FACTS.

No need at this moment in time, I don't think there is a buyer around the corner to buy us for that amount at this moment in time, if we managed to stay in the prem then maybe if we go down and go into admin Tan some how will most prob buy it for a song and go again

Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:00 pm

seanpaul wrote:Some might not like this but Malky and Moody did mess up. We cant have it both ways..... if the board dont back a manager you'll get stick too. What was the real cock up was that Malky bough a striker for 10m and he was going to be a massive gain for us.

Malky changed his mind by saying hes one for the future....what future?

If any of you are in business a loss like that is massive and the buck stops with Malky and Moody. The board went by what they were told.

Do you think Malky told anyone just before we bought him "Ive spent 10m ....but the lad is for the future!" Like hell he did.

Move on.

We'd like to. Regrettably Mr Tan and his crew can't!
As I said in my earlier post, why issue this statement now?

Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:11 pm

Jinks wrote:
Willy-Wonka wrote:
PartyWithOle wrote:
Willy-Wonka wrote:
Danny Says wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Willy-Wonka wrote:People will be talking as if Mackay signed the checks.

seems likey moody and malky being blamed for the waste of money on players hmmm

Fair criticism.
Cornelius was an embarrassment and showed a total failure by the previous management and scout to properly vet a player.

"Embarrassment" she says when he was 20 years old and hardly played. :thumbup:

You don't spend 8.5m on a 20 yr old striker in your first PL season

True. It was a risk, just like Ole buying a load of foreigners and expecting them to keep us up.

Like playing an 18 year old that has less strength than a fly in a relegation battle.

You were probably creaming over the signing at first, it didn't work out, so now you criticise the high risk/big bust signing.

Malky bought utter shit and it was him and his shit dossiers fault..

malky bought utter shit, like noone, campell, kim, medel, caulker?.. umm oh wait pretty much our whole squad, no mate, ok granted he had a few howlers, but even the best managers wasted millions on shit players fergie has done it multiple times. if you cant see past a few crap singings and the fact that they are using this as an excuse then mate.. you are thick as shit

Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:57 pm

castleblue wrote:
ihatealiens wrote:I think this could be Tan laying the ground for possible legal proceedings against Malky here, interesting times ahead

It really is interesting to see the club issue a statement like this as it asks all sort of questions about the motivation behind it. But whatever the true motivation to talk of transparency and in the same statement highlight the Cornelius transfer is, in my opinion, treating us all like fools.

When the club signed Cornelius from Copenhagen any fees and payments to agents had to be made via the FA, under the requirements of FA Rule C (v), so there was complete transparency for ALL parties in the details of this deal which would have been included in ALL documentation submitted with the transfer documentation to the FA.

We now know that the club has taken a massive hit on Cornelius and in hindsight it probably was foreseeable that the lad was not ready to justify that kind of transfer fee or salary. Moody and MM have to be held responsible for that but I will never buy into this they overspent because the club, and LIM in particular, would have had sight of ALL costs relating to each and every transfer.

MM and Moody are gone now and for me I wish the club would draw a line under this and just move on. But I'm afraid that this may just be the foreplay to a rather messy legal battle between the club and MM.

More dirty laundry about to be washed in public I'm afraid.

:ole:

I agree this statement is just a prelude to something much bigger. Tan through Lim is clearly blaming Malky for poor judgement in the transfer market and maybe even more than that but any future legal matter will be very expensive and in the full view of the football world and could set a precedent for other club owners (very dangerous indeed) but Im sure all managers, players past and present will rally around Malky. I may be wrong, just my opinion but that statement rang loud and clear in my ears, Tan is gunning for Malky and he will not let this go and it could turn nasty.

Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:49 pm

Only at cardiff city you will find that the club releases a statement moaning about over spending money when the guy who is releasing the statement is the guy who signed ALL the checks to poxy start with..............f**k me do the club even think before releasing such things, obviously not ..........CLASSIC WHOPPERS and no wonder the football world are pissing them selfs at us as a club :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:55 pm

Dictator Tan and his cronies can f*** right off for all i can care!

In Malky We Trusted :ayatollah:

Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:56 pm

Whilst I support the team I really do hate the football club we have become .

nubbsy wrote:
Jinks wrote:
Willy-Wonka wrote:
PartyWithOle wrote:
Willy-Wonka wrote:
Danny Says wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Fair criticism.
Cornelius was an embarrassment and showed a total failure by the previous management and scout to properly vet a player.

True. It was a risk, just like Ole buying a load of foreigners and expecting them to keep us up.

Like playing an 18 year old that has less strength than a fly in a relegation battle.

You were probably creaming over the signing at first, it didn't work out, so now you criticise the high risk/big bust signing.

malky bought utter shit, like noone, campell, kim, medel, caulker?.. umm oh wait pretty much our whole squad, no mate, ok granted he had a few howlers, but even the best managers wasted millions on shit players fergie has done it multiple times. if you cant see past a few crap singings and the fact that they are using this as an excuse then mate.. you are thick as shit

What about cornelius, Brayford, odemwingie, velikonja, Gestede, kiss, Maynard, KTC over 20 mil of junk offered nothing to the team, just saying like :thumbright:

Well done malky on your 2 good signings for our prem season Medel and caulker = 20 mil.
Last edited by Kenfig Blue on Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Whilst I support the team I really do hate the football club we have become .

Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:43 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Pontyclun Blue wrote:

Yes 50 million reasons if your name is Vincent Tan :laughing6:

Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:47 pm

Kenfig Blue wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
Jinks wrote:
Willy-Wonka wrote:
PartyWithOle wrote:
Willy-Wonka wrote:
Danny Says wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Fair criticism.

What about cornelius, Brayford, odemwingie, velikonja, Gestede, kiss, Maynard, KTC over 20 mil of junk offered nothing to the team, just saying like :thumbright:

Well done malky on your 2 good signings for our prem season Medel and caulker = 20 mil.

Caulker and Medel are not worth £20 million between them either and we will lose big time if Caulker transfers out of the club anytime soon because of the crazy contract and clauses for payback that spurs get if we sell him. let's be honest here Malkys signings were piss poor value for Money and if I was Tan I would be angry too but nothing will come of it because that's football :laughing6:

Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:29 pm

There is no question that our summer transfer saga was a total f*ck up, £35 million later and the vast majority of the signings are not up to premiership standard, and the ones who are we paid way over the asking price for them, that said why are the club releasing this cringeworthy statement now??? we are in a dog fight to stay in this league and we need everybody at the club pulling in the same direction not having to read this nonsense the club put out today.

Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:55 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:Only at cardiff city you will find that the club releases a statement moaning about over spending money when the guy who is releasing the statement is the guy who signed ALL the checks to poxy start with..............f**k me do the club even think before releasing such things, obviously not ..........CLASSIC WHOPPERS and no wonder the football world are pissing them selfs at us as a club :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

Your quite correct Tan or Lim would be the people responsible for signing off the cheques, but as with almost all organisations or companies the owners/chairman employ managers who they then give responsibility to to identify assets that would be worth investing in, the organisation/company have trust/faith in that man to do a good job and get value for money for the money invested, Malky was the man (with the aid of Moody) employed by Cardiff City to identify and purchase assets (players) for this club..this he did but made a few mistakes and paid well over the odds for players that just weren't up to the job, Tan and Lim trusted Malky's decisions and backed him with hard cash only to find they'd laid out big bucks for some duds. The choices of players were Malky's (as he's the football man) and he was backed but the club ended up with players that may become good at a future date or ones' that just weren't up to the task. If they'd refused to back him on the purchases of Cornelius and Brayford because they doubted their pedigree people like yourself would probably have found fault with that as well.
Managers are employed to manage and are judged on their performance, the one's that cost the organisation money are on rocky ground..Malky cost our club major bucks and unfortunately paid the ultimate price. No point having Malky as manager if you expect the chairman/owner to refuse/overrule his choices as transfer targets and not sign the cheques cos your then undermining the person chosen to make these choices of players.

Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:19 pm

Interesting as Moody was freely visiting hotels abroad for some of our players signing the deals off.

Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:32 am

DandoCCFC wrote:Interesting as Moody was freely visiting hotels abroad for some of our players signing the deals off.

There's a world of difference between signing deals off and agreeing them.

That said, Moody & MacKay obviously recommended these deals to Lim (or whoever) so for them to try and wash their hands of it is simply wrong.

Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:48 am

The comedy continues - a soap opera that you can't miss and never ends.

Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:39 am

Problem: The clown gave a substantial transfer kitty to an inexperienced manager dealing with those kind of figures.

Reaction Sack him, call him useless and a consider legal action against him #clownlogic

Hindsight solution Malky & Tan have daily dialogue, looked at the history books evaluating the success stories of inexperienced mangers buying well on that budget. Brought in a figure who could of advised Malky acting on the best interest of Cardiff City, not just some drunk old Scotsman (Fergie)

History repeats itself?

Problem: The clown gave a substantial transfer kitty to an inexperienced manager dealing with those kind of figures (Ole)

Reaction ?????????????

Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:27 am

LMA hit back at Cardiff City's criticism of Malky Mackay's transfer policy
League Managers' Association chief executive Richard Bevan has responded to Cardiff City's criticism of former boss Malky Mackay's transfer policies.

Bluebirds chief executive Simon Lim blamed the "imprudent and careless management" for the Premier League club's £8.5m loss from the summer signing of Andreas Cornelius.

A statement from Bevan said: "It is most unfortunate that Mr Lim has chosen to speak out in this way. Mr Lim is aware that there is a legal process under way between Malky Mackay and Cardiff City and it is both inappropriate and unprofessional for either party to be making public statements of this nature at this time.

"Given that Mr Lim has spoken out against Malky Mackay in relation to the acquisition of a player, however, it is only right that the record is put straight on the following two key issues. This is the same Mr Lim to whom, under the specific and express terms of Malky Mackay's contract of employment with Cardiff City, Malky was obliged to report in respect of all matters pertaining to the transfer of players. This is the same Mr Lim who, when being asked more than once, upon dismissing Malky Mackay, why he was dismissing him, said that he did not know the reason.

"All football clubs at the elite level have systems in place for corporate governance. Cardiff City is no exception. A manager, even in the Premier League, does not go out and "sign" players. All recommendations go to his CEO and board, essentially the Chief Executive on the board's behalf - deals with all financial arrangements to finalise any signings

What a mess !! You have become a laughing stock
The press are having a field day at the circus that is Vincent Tan
Am so glad we have a Chairman that is grass roots and wether we agree at the timing or the sacking of Laudrup he has and will always have the clubs best interests at heart

Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:57 pm

It's like the village idiots at a Buckingham palace tea party is Franchise FC in the Premier league .... Roll on relegation

Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:15 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136246 :thumbup:

Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:19 pm

Club starting to make Malky the scapegoat for on coming relegation me thinks :old: