Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Is it True?

Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:58 pm

Ferguson signed flops but still had quality at his disposal, he was managing one of the biggest teams in football for f**k sake, we're a tiny team with no real honours bar an FA Cup in 1927, yet you're comparing Cornelius(a striker) who has cost the club around 10-12m altogether. We needed a striker to score us goals this seasons and it still ain't been eradicated, couldn't do anything in Jan as you can't get quality at your disposal when you're down at the bottom. Stop comparing Fergie to Malky, Fergie would be turning in his grave at the comparrison and he's not even dead yet!!!

Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:10 pm

PartyWithOle wrote:Ferguson signed flops but still had quality at his disposal, he was managing one of the biggest teams in football for f**k sake, we're a tiny team with no real honours bar an FA Cup in 1927, yet you're comparing Cornelius(a striker) who has cost the club around 10-12m altogether. We needed a striker to score us goals this seasons and it still ain't been eradicated, couldn't do anything in Jan as you can't get quality at your disposal when you're down at the bottom. Stop comparing Fergie to Malky, Fergie would be turning in his grave at the comparrison and he's not even dead yet!!!

Spot on. People comparing Malkys failures to Fergies must have a -IQ. Fergie would have 2/3 quality players for each position, and had the luxury of buying flops which would not damage the team. Malky had one crack at the prem and he fukt it right up, signing the biggest flop in our history Cornelius. The failure to sign a recognised striker, not a boy who had half a good season in a Mickey Mouse league, will be the reason for relegation if it happens. Yes malky you got us up, but you also sent us back down :ole:

Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:15 pm

Kenfig Blue wrote:
PartyWithOle wrote:Ferguson signed flops but still had quality at his disposal, he was managing one of the biggest teams in football for f**k sake, we're a tiny team with no real honours bar an FA Cup in 1927, yet you're comparing Cornelius(a striker) who has cost the club around 10-12m altogether. We needed a striker to score us goals this seasons and it still ain't been eradicated, couldn't do anything in Jan as you can't get quality at your disposal when you're down at the bottom. Stop comparing Fergie to Malky, Fergie would be turning in his grave at the comparrison and he's not even dead yet!!!

Spot on. People comparing Malkys failures to Fergies must have a -IQ. Fergie would have 2/3 quality players for each position, and had the luxury of buying flops which would not damage the team. Malky had one crack at the prem and he fukt it right up, signing the biggest flop in our history Cornelius. The failure to sign a recognised striker, not a boy who had half a good season in a Mickey Mouse league, will be the reason for relegation if it happens. Yes malky you got us up, but you also sent us back down :ole:

If we go down its 100% nothing to do with Malky and if we stay up its 100% nothing to do with Malky :thumbup:

Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:21 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Kenfig Blue wrote:

If we go down its 100% nothing to do with Malky and if we stay up its 100% nothing to do with Malky :thumbup:

If we go down Ole will be partly to blame for not being able to motivate the players enough but he was working with his hands tied behind his back. We've needed a striker for some time and we still couldn't close in on one. 75% Malky, 25% Ole

Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:22 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Kenfig Blue wrote:

Let me guess its Tans fault if we go down and like you said Malkys if we stay up :laughing6:

Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:26 pm

Kenfig Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Kenfig Blue wrote:

Let me guess its Tans fault if we go down and like you said Malkys if we stay up :laughing6:

:laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6:

Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:27 pm

Kenfig Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Kenfig Blue wrote:

Read
I said its nothing to do with Malky if we stay up or go down :thumbup:

Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:27 pm

Daya wrote:
welshmod wrote:A rare post from me...

I wish all the Malky baiting and snide comment makers would f**k off!! Lets make a simple comparison....By some fans (including me) Malky was our best manager since Eddie May and in his short tiem at the club attained the same god like status....Yet I have never heard one City Fan (who was there during Eddie's time) pass comment or slate hime for poor transfers (and there were some belive me) - so why the f**k are we making such a big deal - Cornelius was a dud for the premiership and Malky made a mistake and Brayford and Odemwinge werent great either, but for fucks sake look at the success of the signings that matter - Mutch, Noone, Catherine, Medel and Caulker - where would we be without them....

Malky's gone and yes I'm sad, but I'm right behind Ole and the team, but I cant sit back and have the muppets/red brigade and Tan lovers slate the man who in my eyes achieved more in 2 short years than any other manager in my years of watching the club...

LEAVE MALKY ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lee Davies..

Well said Lee :thumbup: wish you would post more instead of some of the idiots on here !

He rarely played mutch and noone, Jury is still out on Catherine, not a regular starter.

Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:44 pm

It seems to be the way these days. Now Malky is out of the way, blame him for everything.
I have nothing but admiration for Malky Mackay, both as a man and a football manager. He left here with his head held high and he kept his dignity.
The Cornelius transfer does seem a disaster, but if you look at the bigger picture, he made Tan a lot more than the piddly £8 million we spent on him. Name a manager who HASNT bought a dud.
If we do get relegated (which I'm not bothered about), the only person to blame is Tan. Forget the shit slinging and all the bad publicity we've had. If Tan had any football sense, he'd have backed MM to the full until the end of this season.

Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:01 pm

Bluemellons wrote:It seems to be the way these days. Now Malky is out of the way, blame him for everything.
I have nothing but admiration for Malky Mackay, both as a man and a football manager. He left here with his head held high and he kept his dignity.
The Cornelius transfer does seem a disaster, but if you look at the bigger picture, he made Tan a lot more than the piddly £8 million we spent on him. Name a manager who HASNT bought a dud.
If we do get relegated (which I'm not bothered about), the only person to blame is Tan. Forget the shit slinging and all the bad publicity we've had. If Tan had any football sense, he'd have backed MM to the full until the end of this season.

Spot on and Well Said :thumbup: :thumbup:

Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:33 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
6 bysedd wrote:250 million from worldwide tv?? Is that right?

Thats why I am asking the question, apparently Cardiff have been on live TV in the Far East every game and I was told today that figure, I dont know if its true?

Its no secret Annis the revenue is going to come from out there.

The local money will keep the club ticketing over but the real prize is the Far East.

At first I had no problem with that as its was us and our Welsh identity that was being promoted. Cant say that now can we?

I lived in America and will be going back out soon. I had every Cardiff game on direct tv.. its like sky.. Not just cardiff, nearly every Premiership game on different channels!

Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:34 pm

Wayne S wrote:I am more amazed than so many people will not admit Malky had a big part to say in the Cornelius debacle.

Unless someone else forced the player on Malky he made an awful decision.

Whether he should have been sacked is another issue but the Cornelius deal in isolation was mostly Malkys fault. Lim has a smaller part to play in not being stronger, but guaranteed the bipolar fans on her would be calling for Lima head if he stopped the transfer.

As Sam said if Mally was truthful with himself he would admit the part he played in it, but that won't help his claim against the club so I won't hold my breath

Malky was obviously responsible for buying a poor playing but as far as the budget was concerned it was lim, poor judgment but they've used the money figure as an excuse, they wanted him out well before the Cornelius shit hit the fan and everybody has just bought into it

Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:37 pm

Bluemellons wrote:It seems to be the way these days. Now Malky is out of the way, blame him for everything.

Well said