Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' MINI UPDATE - WEDNESDAY JUNE 11TH 2014 '

Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:43 am

What a ridiculous thing to say, you dropped a bollock and didnt realise Pogba wasnt contracted to Man united at the time - just hold your hands up polo, i wont laugh :D

Pogba was out of contract and went to a huge club. How you can compare that with an under contract Medel bought for £11m and possibly going for £4m to Besiktas I dont know :lol:

Surely one of the "best midfielders in the world" would have top clubs clamouring over him for such a price surely? :laughing6:

Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:51 am

Besiktas are not that bad a team. They are often in the champions league, are you?.

I also don't expect him to go to Besiktas post world cup.

I'm comparing them as you said it tells you everything you need to know that besiktas are bidding 4 million for him. When such a class players such as pogba go for free. The value for the transfer doesn't equal the players worth to the team. Pogba was always worth more than what he went for, but that was what he went for at the time.

Pogba was allowed to leave, he could have stayed.

Matic, what a shit house. Oh look chelsea paid 20 million for him.
Pique, total shit, barca just gave him to the mancs. Oh look he is one of the best players in the world.

4 million is a derisory figure in my opinion. In a top team he will flourish, as he did at the start of this season. Lets be honest though, we could have zidane in our midfield this season and he would have looked like Wes Brown.

We shouldn't have bought him as promoted club, but to say we overpaid is wrong imo.

Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:00 am

The Frenchman wrote:Besiktas are not that bad a team. They are often in the champions league, are you?.

i didnt say they were a terrible team, they are ok. The point being, if the best side that is in for "one the best defensive midfielders in the world" at £4m is besiktas then it says it all.

I'm comparing them as you said it tells you everything you need to know that besiktas are bidding 4 million for him. When such a class players such as pogba go for free. The value for the transfer doesn't equal the players worth to the team. Pogba was always worth more than what he went for, but that was what he went for at the time.

:lol: pogba was out of contract, im not sure what you arent getting, who are they going to pay?

Besides the value wasnt my point, the value was in relation to the fact it is cheap thus all the best clubs in the world should be in for "one of the best defensive midfielders in the world" :thumbup:

:lol: and how do you assume Man United would have MADE him sign a new contract? He was out of contract and didnt sign another because he hated it there.

Pique, total shit, barca just gave him to the mancs. Oh look he is one of the best players in the world.

you are missing the key point in all that. These "shit houses" were all available for peanuts and as a result went to top european clubs - as naturally, they were in for them due to them being excellent players and cheap.

I repeat.... Medel only seems to have interest from besiktas despite such a low price :D

4 million is a derisory figure in my opinion. In a top team he will flourish, as he did at the start of this season. Lets be honest though, we could have zidane in our midfield this season and he would have looked like Wes Brown.

so if it is a derisory figure why arent Barca, Madrid, united, liverpool, arsenal, munich etc wtc in for him... He is after all one of the best defensive midfielders in the world isnt he?

We shouldn't have bought him as promoted club, but to say we overpaid is wrong imo.

thats a stunning statement. Of course you overpaid :laughing6:

Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:06 am

I don't think he is one of the best defensive players in the world. I just think we should wait 4 weeks and see what he is worth then.

Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:11 am

RoathMagic wrote:
The Frenchman wrote:Besiktas are not that bad a team. They are often in the champions league, are you?.

i didnt say they were a terrible team, they are ok. The point being, if the best side that is in for "one the best defensive midfielders in the world" at £4m is besiktas then it says it all.

:lol: pogba was out of contract, im not sure what you arent getting, who are they going to pay?

Besides the value wasnt my point, the value was in relation to the fact it is cheap thus all the best clubs in the world should be in for "one of the best defensive midfielders in the world" :thumbup:

:lol: and how do you assume Man United would have MADE him sign a new contract? He was out of contract and didnt sign another because he hated it there.

you are missing the key point in all that. These "shit houses" were all available for peanuts and as a result went to top european clubs - as naturally, they were in for them due to them being excellent players and cheap.

I repeat.... Medel only seems to have interest from besiktas despite such a low price :D

so if it is a derisory figure why arent Barca, Madrid, united, liverpool, arsenal, munich etc wtc in for him... He is after all one of the best defensive midfielders in the world isnt he?

thats a stunning statement. Of course you overpaid :laughing6:

He`s in my dream team - value bound to soar now :sleepy2: :laughing6:

Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:12 am

The Frenchman wrote:I don't think he is one of the best defensive players in the world. I just think we should wait 4 weeks and see what he is worth then.

Neither do I funnily enough, hes not even the best defensive midfielder in south wales :D

I can guarantee you nobody in the top 8 in the Premiership would touch him and he will probably be farmed out to the Turkish league or a middle of the road spanish side even though being available for £6m or less.

Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:18 am

sound

Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:20 am

The Frenchman wrote:sound

Yep the sound of millions upon millions of pounds being pored down the drain :D

Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:26 am

RoathMagic wrote:
The Frenchman wrote:I don't think he is one of the best defensive players in the world. I just think we should wait 4 weeks and see what he is worth then.

Neither do I funnily enough, hes not even the best defensive midfielder in south wales :D

I can guarantee you nobody in the top 8 in the Premiership would touch him and he will probably be farmed out to the Turkish league or a middle of the road spanish side even though being available for £6m or less.

He's probably worth 4-6 million at the moment, Huddleston went for £5million and I would put them in the same bracket. Of course should he have a brilliant World Cup then we could be back up around £10 million. His value won't drop below £4 million, even if he has a crap World Cup, so it's worth holding out. The worst scenario is that he gets a serious injury, which is always a risk.

Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:33 am

RoathMagic wrote:
The Frenchman wrote:sound

Yep the sound of millions upon millions of pounds being pored down the drain :D

Life goes on.

Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:07 am

4m sounds anout fair, was hoping for closer to 6m but happy to move him on now.

Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:13 am

Roath_Magic_ wrote:But he's "one of the best defensive midfielders in the world", how come only Besiktas are after him with a price of £4m :laughing6:

If you knew anything about Turkish clubs then you would know that they are prone to slapping in a silly offer in the hope that the club are desperate enough to accept it. You know we can get more than £4m for Medel and are just stirring the shit. After the World Cup he will more than likely end up going to a Spanish club....I reckon for about £8m.

Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:37 am

Stan_B wrote:
Roath_Magic_ wrote:But he's "one of the best defensive midfielders in the world", how come only Besiktas are after him with a price of £4m :laughing6:

If you knew anything about Turkish clubs then you would know that they are prone to slapping in a silly offer in the hope that the club are desperate enough to accept it. You know we can get more than £4m for Medel and are just stirring the shit. After the World Cup he will more than likely end up going to a Spanish club....I reckon for about £8m.

:lol: yeah its in turkish clubs DNA.

Nothing to do with stirring the pot. He was a massive let down, a massive waste of money and you will lose millions on him when he goes to an average side. Im not sure there will be many that disagree with what im saying, may not like it - but thats nit my concern.

£6m max for me, and that is expensive.

Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:41 pm

RoathMagic wrote:
Stan_B wrote:

Nothing to do with stirring the pot. He was a massive let down, a massive waste of money and you will lose millions on him when he goes to an average side. Im not sure there will be many that disagree with what im saying, may not like it - but thats nit my concern.

I really don't know if you are as stupid as you appear or whether you just come out with stuff to wind people up....or a bit of both.

Turkish clubs traditionally do not spend much on transfers, probably equivalent to Championship clubs. They offer what they want to pay not what the player is worth or what the other club want. They just don't have the money to compete with the top European leagues. Always looking for a bargain....a bit like your club really.

As far as what he is really worth, does that really matter. A player's worth is what other clubs will pay. I know he's not worth £8m but get a few clubs interested after the World Cup and that is what he'll go for. Lots of other donkeys have been sold for silly prices after previous World Cups.

Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:53 pm

Stan_B wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:
Stan_B wrote:

I really don't know if you are as stupid as you appear or whether you just come out with stuff to wind people up....or a bit of both.

Turkish clubs traditionally do not spend much on transfers, probably equivalent to Championship clubs. They offer what they want to pay not what the player is worth or what the other club want. They just don't have the money to compete with the top European leagues. Always looking for a bargain....a bit like your club really.

As far as what he is really worth, does that really matter. A player's worth is what other clubs will pay. I know he's not worth £8m but get a few clubs interested after the World Cup and that is what he'll go for. Lots of other donkeys have been sold for silly prices after previous World Cups.

Yep im really stupid. How could i be such a wind up merchant.

Barca, Real, United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Munich, Juve and the Milans are battering down your door to sign the clearly available Medel who lit up the Premier League last season and are now bound to make a huge profit.

Better? :laughing6:

Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:01 pm

RoathMagic wrote:
Stan_B wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:
Stan_B wrote:

Yep im really stupid. How could i be such a wind up merchant.

Barca, Real, United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Munich, Juve and the Milans are battering down your door to sign the clearly available Medel who lit up the Premier League last season and are now bound to make a huge profit.

Better? :laughing6:

And exactly how many players have those teams signed?

I will say it again as you obviously have selective reading, Medel will go after the World Cup, not now.

Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:05 pm

Have i said otherwise then? Makes no difference if its this month or next month does it? :?

Just to be clear, you actually DO think he will sign for a team such as the one mentioned and you WONT lose millions of pounds on him such is the demand?! :shock:

Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:38 pm

Send him out on loan for a season ,have him back once we go straight back up lol

Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:31 pm

I see JJ sends his last

Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:52 pm

RoathMagic wrote:What a ridiculous thing to say, you dropped a bollock and didnt realise Pogba wasnt contracted to Man united at the time - just hold your hands up polo, i wont laugh :D

Pogba was out of contract and went to a huge club. How you can compare that with an under contract Medel bought for £11m and possibly going for £4m to Besiktas I dont know :lol:

Surely one of the "best midfielders in the world" would have top clubs clamouring over him for such a price surely? :laughing6:

The Frenchman is not I. He is tne poster formerly known as Willy Wonka / Mario a nonce sympathiser banned for trying to be controversial on the max clifford thread and is complete tw*t who knows very little about football.

So why dont you hold your hand up for dropping a bollock c**t face

Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:55 pm

RoathMagic wrote:Have i said otherwise then? Makes no difference if its this month or next month does it? :?

Just to be clear, you actually DO think he will sign for a team such as the one mentioned and you WONT lose millions of pounds on him such is the demand?! :shock:

Of course we are going to lose money on him....he was a definite white elephant. Another one that Malky paid over the odds for but based on the fact that he is a Chilean International then he will go to a better team than Besiktas, probably mid to lower team in La Liga....and will go for more than £4m.

Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:47 pm

Stan_B wrote:
RoathMagic wrote:Have i said otherwise then? Makes no difference if its this month or next month does it? :?

Of course we are going to lose money on him....he was a definite white elephant. Another one that Malky paid over the odds for but based on the fact that he is a Chilean International then he will go to a better team than Besiktas, probably mid to lower team in La Liga....and will go for more than £4m.

So it turns out you agree with me after all. Shock horror.

Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:59 pm

If anything that drew me into that update is that Bellamy has f**ked us over, retires and two people leave their job.

Cheers Bellamy.

Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:06 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:If anything that drew me into that update is that Bellamy has f**ked us over, retires and two people leave their job.

Cheers Bellamy.

Which two people?

Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:13 pm

Natman Blue wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:If anything that drew me into that update is that Bellamy has f**ked us over, retires and two people leave their job.

Cheers Bellamy.

Which two people?

Bate and Cooper, Cooper had a good relationship with Bates with interests of the club and off the field.

Bellamy most likely have a job here which would have been in the interests of the board so Cooper loses his job.

Got told Bate left his job just before the FA Cup Final with Arsenal but didn't think it would be true due to no confirmation the following week, so thought it was load of crap.. appears not.

Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:31 pm

I could be wrong but i think cooper is for an entirely different reason

Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:58 pm

Natman had me saying he wants to keep Carl guessing who is giving Carl his information. :lol:

Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:29 am

jackland_bluebird wrote:Natman had me saying he wants to keep Carl guessing who is giving Carl his information. :lol:

;)

Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:33 am

DandoCCFC wrote:
Natman Blue wrote:

Cheers Bellamy.

Which two people?

Bate and Cooper, Cooper had a good relationship with Bates with interests of the club and off the field.

Bellamy most likely have a job here which would have been in the interests of the board so Cooper loses his job.

Got told Bate left his job just before the FA Cup Final with Arsenal but didn't think it would be true due to no confirmation the following week, so thought it was load of crap.. appears not.

From what I've heard Dick Bate wasn't very well liked down in the youth set up and players and parents were happy to see him go

Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:06 pm

CjBluebird17 wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:
Natman Blue wrote:

Cheers Bellamy.

Which two people?

From what I've heard Dick Bate wasn't very well liked down in the youth set up and players and parents were happy to see him go

I did hear that he was a very good Academy manager.