Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: I honestly cant get my head around to why would you?

Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:29 pm

DrDre wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:as I said early in this thread just another go at ole
have a look at some other comments from the past
this is the best squad we ever had now its over to you ole
this is the best squad in the championship now its upto you to man manage it ole
with this squad being better than the squad malky had we should go up automatic at least over to you ole
supportive my arse hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :bluescarf: :ole:

he was saying exactly the same things when DJ was around.

I don't know why he doesn't just come out and say he hates Ole and secretly wishes he'd fail. :?

Yes I really disliked DJ spot on, but 100% I actually really like Ole, as a person,gentleman and his attitude is spot on and when he was a player I admired him :thumbright: :ole:

Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:31 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
cardiff 74 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I honestly cant get my head around to why would you get rid of Mark Hudson?

Get rid of Mark Hudson, who is still a quality Championship Captain and Defender and has been with us quite a few years and who could of also had ago at being a coach for City as he knows the current set up better than anyone?

For me Hudson was perfect for the Championship(his level in my opinion) and had quite a few years left in him.

To replace him with out of club Danny Gabbidon? and by the way Gabbidon was one of my favourite players when he played for us years ago and when Earnie and Gabbs was sold I was fuming,so there is nothing personal to this.

Opinions please :thumbright:

I agree with you're comments annis I said the same thing to Carl weeks ago when he told me he was going to Leeds wel Carl didn't quiet get it right but he's stil ended up in Yorkshire can't believe he even agreed to sign for them my head is in the same place as yours annis it beggars belief

Martyn, Hudson was told he his services were no longer required at Cardiff, he never wanted to leave.

Spot on mate Carl told me that as well tan didn't want anyone who was loyal to Malky play ing for us he wanted them out the man is crackers

Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:31 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
DrDre wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:as I said early in this thread just another go at ole
have a look at some other comments from the past
this is the best squad we ever had now its over to you ole
this is the best squad in the championship now its upto you to man manage it ole
with this squad being better than the squad malky had we should go up automatic at least over to you ole
supportive my arse hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :bluescarf: :ole:

he was saying exactly the same things when DJ was around.

I don't know why he doesn't just come out and say he hates Ole and secretly wishes he'd fail. :?

Yes I really disliked DJ spot on, but 100% I actually really like Ole, as a person,gentleman and his attitude is spot on and when he was a player I admired him :thumbright: :ole:

I notice you don't mention liking him as a Cardiff City manager. Hmmmm......

Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:34 pm

annis that's ducking the issue
you of all people should be praising ANYfinancial savings that the club are making
in fact im surprised ( or am I )that you havnt started a thread showing the amount we have got in against the amount we have spent
although that probably would be too :bluescarf: :ole: positive a thread for the usual negative agenda on here

Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:35 pm

cardiff 74 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
cardiff 74 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I honestly cant get my head around to why would you get rid of Mark Hudson?

Get rid of Mark Hudson, who is still a quality Championship Captain and Defender and has been with us quite a few years and who could of also had ago at being a coach for City as he knows the current set up better than anyone?

For me Hudson was perfect for the Championship(his level in my opinion) and had quite a few years left in him.

To replace him with out of club Danny Gabbidon? and by the way Gabbidon was one of my favourite players when he played for us years ago and when Earnie and Gabbs was sold I was fuming,so there is nothing personal to this.

I agree with you're comments annis I said the same thing to Carl weeks ago when he told me he was going to Leeds wel Carl didn't quiet get it right but he's stil ended up in Yorkshire can't believe he even agreed to sign for them my head is in the same place as yours annis it beggars belief

Martyn, Hudson was told he his services were no longer required at Cardiff, he never wanted to leave.

Spot on mate Carl told me that as well tan didn't want anyone who was loyal to Malky play ing for us he wanted them out the man is crackers

Sorry, but that doesn´t make sense at all. Whittingham, Noone, Turner, Marshall, Moore, Brayford, John, Kimbo, Gunnarsson, Maynard, Velikonja (and Ralls, Harris etc etc). You are saying all these players where not loyal to Malky? Or are they all on their way out?

Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:36 pm

cardiff 74 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
cardiff 74 wrote:

We could end up regretting leaving Hudson go annis he was abrick wall in our defence

Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:45 pm

Dve wrote:
cardiff 74 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
cardiff 74 wrote:

Sorry au be they , but that doesn´t make sense at all. Whittingham, Noone, Turner, Marshall, Moore, Brayford, John, Kimbo, Gunnarsson, Maynard, Velikonja (and Ralls, Harris etc etc). You are saying all these players where not loyal to Malky? Or are they all on their way out?

That's what I was told and I stand by that its still disppointing to see him go

Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:53 pm

Amazing that you see Gabbidon as a risk. When he's on next to nothing wages(my assumption) and someone who knows the club. There is NO risk.

Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:55 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
cardiff 74 wrote:

That's common practice as well. It happens in football. Malky didn't like Keinan or Gyepes so got rid of them. What's the difference here?

Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:59 pm

The owner got rid of Hudson not the manger again that what I was told that's the difference

Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:09 pm

DrDre wrote:I notice you don't mention liking him as a Cardiff City manager. Hmmmm......

Is that not allowed? I myself have doubts about his suitability for managing this football club.

Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:12 pm

Annis, my only thought is that either (a) Huds wanted to go, or (b) Ole is planning ahead for a return to The Premier League, where Huds already knows he won't be part of the team

Either way, I think he has been a little short-sighted for the reasons you stated above and maybe even a little presumptuous

I wish Huds all the very best and I will always have memories of THAT goal (scored from right in front of us!) and of him lifting the Championship Trophy in 2012/13 :thumbup:

All the very best, Mark Hudson...a great servant to Cardiff City FC :thumbup: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :notworthy:

Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:17 pm

cardiff 74 wrote:The owner got rid of Hudson not the manger again that what I was told that's the difference

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:20 pm

Sven wrote:

Annis, my only thought is that either (a) Huds wanted to go, or (b) Ole is planning ahead for a return to The Premier League, where Huds already knows he won't be part of the team

Either way, I think he has been a little short-sighted for the reasons you stated above and maybe even a little presumptuous

I wish Huds all the very best and I will always have memories of THAT goal (scored from right in front of us!) and of him lifting the Championship Trophy in 2012/13 :thumbup:

All the very best, Mark Hudson...a great servant to Cardiff City FC :thumbup: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :notworthy:

Hudson wasnt wanted Chris and if Ole was planning ahead he has only given Gabbidon a 1 yr contract. But yr right Hudson was not good enough for the Premier League, but was def good enough for the Championship, Good luck to him :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:28 pm

Personally I am on the fence, I feel having him in and around the dressing room and team is always a positive thing because you only need to see the players like Craig Noone tweeting him how gutted he is he's left.. he was a great captain for us and you can see people looked up to him.. always interacting with the likes of Rhys Healey on Twitter so it shows he is always speaking to players even the youngsters.

His injury set him back when we was in the Prem and he picks up these silly injuries, possibly Ole didn't see him in his plans.

I would have been happy to sell him next season but maybe it's for the best for us all. I think Ole is doing him a favour, he want's to play and been biting away at the chances and if Ole can't promise him a full set of games then the best is to sell.

Any idea on the fee?

I am quite sad to see him go but I always imagined him going either this window or next summer, maybe it's for the best.

Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:30 pm

Barry Chuckle wrote:
DrDre wrote:I notice you don't mention liking him as a Cardiff City manager. Hmmmm......

Is that not allowed? I myself have doubts about his suitability for managing this football club.

But you admit it, as do I. In fact I'd says he's proved himself a much better Director of Football than a manager in his 9montgs here. Brilliantly assembled a squad , two players for every positions, 11 recent Championship promotions plus Maynard and Ralls (though they don't really count).

But to say you support the manager then say you can't believe Hudson was replaced with Gabbidon makes the initial statement look a tad suspect.

Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:32 pm

Prob as he wants to be playing every week at his age, he won't here so think club were good to him in releasing him. Think we have had the best years of Hudson,

Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:41 pm

RFMH wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:

But you admit it, as do I. In fact I'd says he's proved himself a much better Director of Football than a manager in his 9montgs here. Brilliantly assembled a squad , two players for every positions, 11 recent Championship promotions plus Maynard and Ralls (though they don't really count).

But to say you support the manager then say you can't believe Hudson was replaced with Gabbidon makes the initial statement look a tad suspect.

Ive said I will always support Ole and the players on match days, but Ive already said I like Ole, impressed with our new squad, but I dont believe he is good enough as a manager to take us back up,Im allowed my honest opinion,surely?

Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:47 pm

I have always liked Hudson as a player and spent two seasons after he signed arguing with my brother at virtually every game that he is a proper defender, an old fashioned centre half, a leader.

As Martyn (Cardiff74) says above, I have been told for a number of weeks (and I told a few that would be the case) that Hudson would be sold once we signed the defenders we were targeting.

What I was told was that Hudson was "Malky's Lieutenant" and VT weren't happy as Hudson and Malky had a few run-ins with VT over several issues, from players bonuses to the sacking of Mackay.

Maybe it is not true but what I was told has happened, Hudson was sold.

It could be worth checking also, if Ole ever said that Hudson was his captain ?

Because before the season start I said to the same person, I find it strange that Hudson is apparently on his way out but he was made captain by Ole. I was told to read Ole's quotes again and apparently he never said Hudson was captain but David Marshall would be captain when Mark was not on the pitch!

Now I argued the point that surely that makes Hudson captain and the reply was that Ole doesn't expect to play Hudson, so not to upset the Apple cart Ole dodged any awkward questions and not to raise any doubts.

But injury to Turner, suspension of Cala, failure to sign a centre half in time and Hudson making a quicker than expected recovery from injury, Ole was forced into playing Hudson.

Maybe someone can check back through the quotes pre-season to see if that adds up, I haven't but took it on face value.

Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:51 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
RFMH wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:

Ive said I will always support Ole and the players on match days, but Ive already said I like Ole, impressed with our new squad, but I dont believe he is good enough as a manager to take us back up,Im allowed my honest opinion,surely?

None at all decent assessment of Ole, similar to mine :thumbright: . I think he needs to be more aggressive with his players and team. But I do think the natural quality of our squad is volumes above most in this league and that will count for a lot. But til Christmas with his own Squad in a weaker league is a decent amount of time.

Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:51 pm

cardiff 74 wrote:
Dve wrote:
cardiff 74 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
cardiff 74 wrote:

Sorry au be they , but that doesn´t make sense at all. Whittingham, Noone, Turner, Marshall, Moore, Brayford, John, Kimbo, Gunnarsson, Maynard, Velikonja (and Ralls, Harris etc etc). You are saying all these players where not loyal to Malky? Or are they all on their way out?

That's what I was told and I stand by that its still disppointing to see him go

Sounds like a round of blame game to me, and Tan drew the shortest straw. Do you really think that Tan gets involved in player logistics at this level? In case, that would piss off Ole since it was explicitly said that he would be in total control of building his squad. That was one of his demands when taking the job (yeah, I know Tan said he would be watching his wallet a bit closer, but in the agreement there were no room for another Kimbo-saga).

And why would Tan start shifting out players who were loyal to a manager he himself employed? And wasn´t Hudson even named captain? Also after the rumors about Hudson´s departure, remember, so if there is anything into your assumption, making Hudson a captain would have pissed off Tan, don´t you think?

Hell, what do I know, but what you´ve been told doesn´t make sense on so many levels, it´s hard (read: impossible) to believe. A much easier explanation would be that Manga, Cala, Connolly, Morrison and Turner are better players than him.

Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:53 pm

RFMH wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
RFMH wrote:
Barry Chuckle wrote:

None at all decent assessment of Ole, similar to mine :thumbright: . I think he needs to be more aggressive with his players and team. But I do think the natural quality of our squad is volumes above most in this league and that will count for a lot. But til Christmas with his own Squad in a weaker league is a decent amount of time.

Spot on :thumbright: :thumbright:

Forever Blue wrote:
Sven wrote:

Hudson wasnt wanted Chris and if Ole was planning ahead he has only given Gabbidon a 1 yr contract. But yr right Hudson was not good enough for the Premier League, but was def good enough for the Championship, Good luck to him :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Annis, yes, that's what I meant by getting rid of Huds and taking Gabbidon as a short-term answer :thumbup:

I liked Gabs the first time around and those of us who were there will remember him and James Collins didn't go "looking" for a move and were sold (as it was in those days) "on the cheap", so no issues for me either

I guess only time will tell and I hope he is a success on the field and off it (in his coaching role) :thumbup:

I agree hudson is a quality player but i also agree with previous comments injury prone and quite slow our defence i think in the premiership lacked a lot of pace last season and i think ole is building a squad not just changing players for the sake of it. :bluescarf:

Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:54 pm

This thread is slowly turning into blaming tan for hudsons departure? if true or not thats whats happening, so any other reason is going to be dismissed full stop!! :roll:

Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:58 pm

pembroke allan wrote:This thread is slowly turning into blaming tan for hudsons departure? if true or not thats whats happening, so any other reason is going to be dismissed full stop!! :roll:

Allan, I am backing up Martyn, as I told him this weeks ago.

Whether it is true is another thing but I did tell Martyn what I was told.

Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:05 pm

carlccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:This thread is slowly turning into blaming tan for hudsons departure? if true or not thats whats happening, so any other reason is going to be dismissed full stop!! :roll:

Dont dispute what you put as true! But its been very quiet lately on tan front but this thread was about ole selling hudson for playing reasons all of a sudden its about tan not wanting him and ole bowing down to tan! Just an observation :old:

Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:09 pm

carlccfc wrote:

Carl whatever you were told/weren't told, you passed it on in good faith, which is fair enough. now have a read from the start of this topic and see how it sinks into another blame Tan post. Pembroke Allen is right on the money here again.

Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:10 pm

Hudson is definately the right one to leave. Carthorse.

Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:17 pm

tremorfa boy wrote:
BanterLad115 wrote:
tremorfa boy wrote:Can't understand why we as a club would allow a man who is always 100% professional gives 100% to all he tried to achieve , respected by player and fans alike , people like Mark don't come along very often and yet we wave him goodbye as if we can replace such a clubman in the blink of an eye ........UNBELIEVABLEY SHORT SIGHTED , especially with what has happened in recent times
this is no reflection of Danny , but I really think Hudson would have fitted the player coach role like a glove :old:

you should really consider reading some posts before sounding like a broken record.

prem experience:

MH = none
Gabbs = Established

.'. for a team seeking to be established in the prem Hudson is a useless coach. If I appoint a manager in a firm I could look for all the leadership and man management skills I like but if they don't have experience in the field I need and the vision of what needs to get done they are completely useless.

same problem.

Why a useless coach .? , leadership Hudson out ranks Danny by a mile , plus he's established with us for 5 yrs , but hey he,s gone , and our club will end up the poorer for it

Oh and by the way if you let your managers leave so easily after 5 yrs commitment , to the cause giving 100% at every opportunity , your management skills need updating :thumbup:

Huds didn't know what to do against premiership attackers as a player, why would he be any better as a coach?

If I own a power engineering company I could hire a bog standard electrician, he may give 100%, he may work harder than anyone else but if he doesn't know much more than the basics of wiring a plug then he's useless if I tell him to build a generator. There's nothing that Hudson can give us that we don't already have in terms of coaching. With our new players, his pitch contribution would also be.....miniscule, had to go.