Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " CARDIFF CITY FOOTBALL CLUB ANNOUNCEMENT "

Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:43 pm

Penyfai Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Bluebird1977 wrote:both forums have been invited so i assume its carl & annis off here, mike and no idea off mikes board along with the likes of corky, vince alm and other people who are with groups such as supporters groups :bluescarf:

Ian, All Travel Group Representatives,The Council,Some of the original fans who never renewed, TLG Aka Dave Sugarman,Supporters Club,Trust,Sian Branson,Corky,Mike Morris,Media etc etc :thumbright: and Gwyneth Davies :shock: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sounds like a re-run of the meeting that ended this club 3 years ago.

I'm not understanding how some 'representatives' are still relevant after all that's happened...Politicians have a bad press, but at least they fade into obscurity when they become damaged goods.

Re: " CARDIFF CITY FOOTBALL CLUB ANNOUNCEMENT/STATEMENT "

Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:45 pm

Being positive maybe this is tan's excuse for returning to blue without losing face? Have meeting with fans council ect ect then says I've listened to what you've said and I will return the colours/ badge back!! OK not likely but never know. :bluescarf:

Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:46 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Penyfai Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Bluebird1977 wrote:both forums have been invited so i assume its carl & annis off here, mike and no idea off mikes board along with the likes of corky, vince alm and other people who are with groups such as supporters groups :bluescarf:

Ian, All Travel Group Representatives,The Council,Some of the original fans who never renewed, TLG Aka Dave Sugarman,Supporters Club,Trust,Sian Branson,Corky,Mike Morris,Media etc etc :thumbright: and Gwyneth Davies :shock: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Hopefully Not At All. 40 is a lot more than 13 people and the Media are also going to be there :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

I hope too. It's good the media are there.

Do you know why BU aren't invited after all the hard work they've put in over the last 18 months.

Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:46 pm

Is daya going ?

Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:48 pm

Penyfai Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Penyfai Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Hopefully Not At All. 40 is a lot more than 13 people and the Media are also going to be there :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Do you know why BU aren't invited after all the hard work they've put in over the last 18 months.

I honestly dont know,they might have been invited, I only put out what I was told by the club so far :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:48 pm

Fuk questions this is our fans chance to lay it down as it is,back to blue,bluebird badge,or you three (dalman,tan and choo) can sit and watch games on your Fukin own

Tans shitting himself cos he seen how much money he will lose on match days if Friday was anything to go by. The time for discussions was before the rebrand not impose it on us then few yrs later look for a compromise, he's losing money as it is if fans walk he'll be fuked,time to push on now we've the upper hand

Can't wait to see the outcome if it's not back to blue I hope everyone stays true to their words and boycotts

Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:54 pm

Reza wrote:Fuk questions this is our fans chance to lay it down as it is,back to blue,bluebird badge,or you three (dalman,tan and choo) can sit and watch games on your Fukin own

Tans shitting himself cos he seen how much money he will lose on match days if Friday was anything to go by. The time for discussions was before the rebrand not impose it on us then few yrs later look for a compromise, he's losing money as it is if fans walk he'll be fuked,time to push on now we've the upper hand

Can't wait to see the outcome if it's not back to blue I hope everyone stays true to their words and boycotts

well is here a correlation between a barely 4,000 attendance and wanting to talk :?:

Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:54 pm

are you going annis ??

Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:55 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Penyfai Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Penyfai Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Ian, All Travel Group Representatives,The Council,Some of the original fans who never renewed, TLG Aka Dave Sugarman,Supporters Club,Trust,Corky,Mike Morris,Media etc etc :thumbright: and Gwyneth Davies :shock: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

I honestly dont know,they might have been invited, I only put out what I was told by the club so far :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

No invite yet.

Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:00 pm

I have a funny feeling they're going to try and sweeten the fans up to try and put a stop to the protests etc.

As written by others I also say it's time to lay the law down. Protests have been done and will continue but unless we get a positive reaction from Tan and his merry men and give us our identity back then we will have to try new tactics, boycotts etc.

This could be a vital turning point, we've fought hard for identity of the past couple of years, let's make sure we don't fluff it up when it counts !!

BlueArmy !! :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:01 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
jamie ccfc bluebirds wrote:I hope they tell Tan we want a compromise! We've had enough of this red shit now, so let's compromise together and sort this mess out once and for all! But I doubt that's even going to happen, so we want them to know we will boycott all games and will not be renewing our tickets unless we have some compromise from the horses mouth, let's see what they've got to say for themseves Tans puppets! :thumbup:

No compromise from me unless its a Blue kit and our badge back

Luke,Thats 100% what the meeting is about :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Compromising is over ! Blue & Crest.

Another year of promises then we are stuck in the middle of a season again. same rubbish last year.

Ive been waiting nearly 3 seasons for this and new it would have to come eventually.

I want my ... we should all want our pride & dignity back and proud to be able to enter the stadium win lose or draw its our club!

I have full confidence in certain supporters the may be invited but I do I hope the right ones are chosen.

Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:05 pm

joncandy wrote:Interesting that I've got a Cardiff City facebook page with nearly 170k people on it, more than 10 times the number of the forums but not an invite...

you have been personally asked to come to the game by Borley, isn't that enough? LOL

you should be one of the 40 if you ask me.

Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:06 pm

when he agrees please add

You will invest £100,000000 To take us back to prem and free refreshments on all cup games.

Also must never wear his trousers that high again after he's appologised in an interview with sky sports.

If he agrees then get some freebies for your self .. his car looks nice

Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:20 pm

Full reversal of horrific rebrand, no compromise.

Red and blue is as alien to CCFC as red and white. :bluescarf: :thumbup:

I'd also like to see the meeting fully minuted & then those minutes made publicly available, so that EVERY fan can see what those who supposedly represent the fans have said & the club's official responses.

The cynic in me says that you will get the party answer every time, let us hope not.

Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:22 pm

Compromise will be the most difficult thing to achieve now.

How about this:

Blue kit home, red kit away, conversion of 50% of the debt to equity and retain the badge but the monochrome version (blue and white or blue and grey as on some of the other merchandise) with slightly larger bluebird.

Not what we would all want but better than what we've got so far :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:24 pm

I am reasonably optimistic about this, but our 'representatives' must be professional at this meeting. Be polite but firm (otherwise the whole thing will be counter productive).
Stay focussed on the big things that matter i.e. return to blue as the primary colour and acceptable ticket prices. All this tosh about the stewards and standing area's are distractions that can wait. Get the blue and reasonable crowds back and the atmosphere will take care of itself.

Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:25 pm

I see this as a very positive step by the club, whether they listern and take note is another matter of course. What will be important at that meeting, is that ALL groups are singing from the same sheet and completely united. Focussing on a limited number of issues(obviously going back to blue being the main one). This will send the message strongly, all minutes from meeting should then be made public for the rest of us to digest. :thumbup:

:bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:25 pm

People are mentioning/demanding a compromise,

so if he agrees to turn us back to blue with one of our original badges

What do we give in return??

Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:28 pm

RageJon wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
jamie ccfc bluebirds wrote:I hope they tell Tan we want a compromise! We've had enough of this red shit now, so let's compromise together and sort this mess out once and for all! But I doubt that's even going to happen, so we want them to know we will boycott all games and will not be renewing our tickets unless we have some compromise from the horses mouth, let's see what they've got to say for themseves Tans puppets! :thumbup:

No compromise from me unless its a Blue kit and our badge back

Luke,Thats 100% what the meeting is about :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Compromising is over ! Blue & Crest.

Another year of promises then we are stuck in the middle of a season again. same rubbish last year.

Ive been waiting nearly 3 seasons for this and new it would have to come eventually.

I want my ... we should all want our pride & dignity back and proud to be able to enter the stadium win lose or draw its our club!

I have full confidence in certain supporters the may be invited but I do I hope the right ones are chosen.
If there is a compromise suggested (unlikely I know) then I hope the fans at the meeting say no , it's blue we want not a compromise :bluescarf:

Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:29 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:Who are the 40 fans i want to know :?

Gwyn Davies is one to defend Tans Views.

Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:37 pm

No compromise. It's gone too far.
Red and blue wouldn't work now.

Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:48 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:
jayb wrote:I would like to attend this.

Sorry but like me you are not within the ( Circle of trust ) along with many 1000s of others :laughing6:

They should speak to fans out of the circle; thus giving a true picture of feelings.

Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:54 pm

jayb wrote:
Bluebird1977 wrote:
jayb wrote:I would like to attend this.

Sorry but like me you are not within the ( Circle of trust ) along with many 1000s of others :laughing6:

They should speak to fans out of the circle; thus giving a true picture of feelings.

They should have a vote via season ticket owners on BIG decisions imo as its them putting the money up :thumbup:

Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:59 pm

4000 on live TV said a lot. Ok it was a 3rd round FA cup game against lower opposition, but its still 4K.

I don't buy into the "returning fans" theory. Once you are gone and have a new routine, its difficult to get the same reliance on those fans. We are giving our fans a chance to jack it in.
A lot of the old skhool-( lets call them A blockers) are not having the same buzz as NP, footballs changed.
The new fans wanted the glamour and it got quite trendy to watch football, but its crap at the moment. The No blue-No renew is a wonderful excuse to go out with honour.......

Selling a club with 8K season tickets and 8K floaters would once have been a good stat, but not for the dosh that Vinnie wants. He needs +18K season tickets with 10K floaters & 6K away fans to fill our rather large assett (which is not sweating).
I was never going on demo's they never worked last season, but good on those who are.But, I will not renew my ST whilst we play in red........ This hurts Vinnie far more.

NO Compromise - Blue and the Bluebird !!!!! :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:03 pm

The only discussions from the 40 fans should be about the return to our traditional Bluebird brand. Any discussions about swopping the ground about and stewarding etc should not be raised at this meeting. So, please, whoever goes (I'm begging now), please, only discuss the Bluebird brand. If the club raises other matters then change the subject back to it.

Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:05 pm

undybluebird wrote:This is a valid point , who are the 40 fans , and what qualifies them to be present .
Probably wont be answered , but I FOR ONE WOULD WANT TO KNOW , purely because I want to know who is supposedly representing me and with what views!!

Why cant they have an open meeting for any Fans to attend , with q and A,s ?

this.....who is speaking on my behalf that i dont know.....

Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:15 pm

100% return to Blue and our proper badge - as soon as possible. Any other discussions can wait :bluescarf:

Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:23 pm

Blazing Saddles wrote:100% return to Blue and our proper badge - as soon as possible. Any other discussions can wait :bluescarf:

100% TOTALLY AGREE & THATS MY VIEWS/OPINIONS :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:24 pm

The ONLY issue that should be hammered home here is the returning of our blue and prominence of our bluebird.
The debt to equity thing would be something that Tan should follow up thereafter ( a very important issue). But this identity thing needs airing once and for all, properly!
This issue is too important to be fudged by those who sold us down the river last time!
The voices of the fans needs to be finally heard :bluescarf:

Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:30 pm

In my opinion what will come out of this meeting will be normal stuff dont expect too much :

Re-brand will not be changed but small compromises may be made regarding the crest
New top tier will be shut next season to cut costs on match days unless we are promoted
Season tickets will be reduced on average by £100 in all areas if still in the championship
Ask groups not to protest and continue supporting the team in these tough times , making sure people are aware that disruptive, rude or racist banners/signs and chanting will not be tolerated
Standing in non designated areas will result in bans being handed out
A new ticket membership scheme to be announced shortly