Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " I CAN SEE OUR CLUB RETURNING TO BLUE/IF "

Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:37 pm

I don't think he will lose face by changing us back to blue, I think people will respect him more. I have no issue with tan other than the rebrand.

Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:41 pm

If this turns out to be true Annis, great.
If not, mass boycotts and demonstrations.

Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:42 pm

I hope so it sounds promising. :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:43 pm

Forever Blue wrote::bluescarf: " I CAN SEE OUR CLUB RETURNING TO BLUE/IF? " :bluescarf:

Ive been told it really hit home to Vincent Tan, Ken Choo and Malmat Dalman the empty Cardiff City stadium on Friday night and since then its been all stations go to sort things out with our fans.

They also dont want to look like theyve destroyed a Football Club.

Plus,I know this sounds strange,but Russell Slade,Tans appointment has been speaking strongly to Tan regarding the divide in our club and that it can never work and its hurting the team.

Tan wants out,Tan needs Premiership football to restore his pride and most of his money and a divided club will not get him this.

I am expecting City to announce that Our Blue will be restored " IF " the meeting goes well on Thursday,when I mean well, our fans to be united and respectful and then it to be announced maybe within 48hrs after the meeting has taken place :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

What about the return of our rightful badge

Re: " I CAN SEE OUR CLUB RETURNING TO BLUE "

Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:20 pm

Clarityblue wrote:
Bluebina wrote:I hope you are right, but how can he do it without losing face?????

I really believe that this is important, if there are fans that are more interested in claiming a victory or wanting to be seen as rubbing Tan's face in the dirt the whole process could be jeapordised. It is also important that there is some room for compromise or wriigle room for all involved.

In many situations it is more important to walk away with what you want than to be seen as an all conquering victor. I feel that if we want this process to progress Tan must be able to reverse his decision while being seen to be in control of the situation. In short, he has to be seen to be making his decision for the right reasons, without losing face and if necessary even coming out of it with some credit.

It doesn't matter if tan is hailed as some great Asian demi-god at the end of this, if we are playing in blue, Ireally dont care.

So, if you are part of this meeting or know one of the representatives please get the message across, approach the situation diplomatically, give Tan the option of being able to make the reverse of the rebrand whilst maintaining his dignity and honour.
Really guys, it's the end result that matters don't blow it for the sake of any ones egos

Great post spot on :thumbup:

Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:30 pm

Ackers wrote:Hope you're right Annis and we can return to blue. If this doesn't happen I can see the divide between the fans and club increasing 10 fold over night.

Another great point, it would be ten times worse to have a meeting and do nothing, than not having a meeting in the first place.

If he does the right thing result, everyone happy he can be seen as the hero, a own a United club.

If he calls a meeting and no change, this would be even worse than it was before, and will add strength to the NoBlueNoRenew, and even more backing for the protests.

He really has very little room to maneveur. :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:34 pm

Are you going to this meeting annis or know anyone who's actually fully in favour of our identity going ?

Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:36 pm

Bluebina wrote:
Clarityblue wrote:
Bluebina wrote:I hope you are right, but how can he do it without losing face?????

I really believe that this is important, if there are fans that are more interested in claiming a victory or wanting to be seen as rubbing Tan's face in the dirt the whole process could be jeapordised. It is also important that there is some room for compromise or wriigle room for all involved.

In many situations it is more important to walk away with what you want than to be seen as an all conquering victor. I feel that if we want this process to progress Tan must be able to reverse his decision while being seen to be in control of the situation. In short, he has to be seen to be making his decision for the right reasons, without losing face and if necessary even coming out of it with some credit.

It doesn't matter if tan is hailed as some great Asian demi-god at the end of this, if we are playing in blue, Ireally dont care.

So, if you are part of this meeting or know one of the representatives please get the message across, approach the situation diplomatically, give Tan the option of being able to make the reverse of the rebrand whilst maintaining his dignity and honour.
Really guys, it's the end result that matters don't blow it for the sake of any ones egos

Great post spot on :thumbup:

Absolutely. The chance is there to restore old wounds and become a proud united club.
Let's hope it's not fecked up by egos.

Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:39 pm

If this is true i am so happy.

Respect to Slade (never thought i would say that) and even Mr Tan if and i mean if there is a change of heart.

Then he will know what its really like to be a bluebird, united together.

Whatever league we in dont give a shite just restore our club :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:42 pm

I CAN SEE OUR CLUB RETURNING TO BLUE..........Why give people false hope annis you know its not going to happen :bluescarf:

Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:47 pm

Ackers wrote:Hope you're right Annis and we can return to blue. If this doesn't happen I can see the divide between the fans and club increasing 10 fold over night.

Ackers, My old friend,if I have been led up the garden path,then our club can expect more than just protests :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:48 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:I CAN SEE OUR CLUB RETURNING TO BLUE..........Why give people false hope annis you know its not going to happen :bluescarf:

Ian, then there would be no point in this meeting on Thursday,because that is why we are going there for and no to be let down anymore :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Our Club can only get so many chances and cant keep letting us down :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:51 pm

CardiffCityBlue wrote:Are you going to this meeting annis or know anyone who's actually fully in favour of our identity going ?

I am going :thumbright: :bluescarf:

Everyone I speak to want our identity back,sadly there are a couple out there who dont care about our identity,but hopefully they finally see common sense :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:51 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Bluebird1977 wrote:I CAN SEE OUR CLUB RETURNING TO BLUE..........Why give people false hope annis you know its not going to happen :bluescarf:

Ian, then there would be no point in this meeting on Thursday,because that is why we are going there for and no to be let down anymore :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Our Club can only get so many chances and cant keep letting us down :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Be prepared to be let down again i would say sadly :bluescarf:

Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:52 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Ian, then the club will only go one way and thats down and broken.

Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:54 pm

Ebbw Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote::bluescarf: " I CAN SEE OUR CLUB RETURNING TO BLUE/IF? " :bluescarf:

Ive been told it really hit home to Vincent Tan, Ken Choo and Malmat Dalman the empty Cardiff City stadium on Friday night and since then its been all stations go to sort things out with our fans.

Plus,I know this sounds strange,but Russell Slade,Tans appointment has been speaking strongly to Tan regarding the divide in our club and that it can never work and its hurting the team.

Tan wants out,Tan needs Premiership football to restore his pride and most of his money and a divided club will not get him this.

I am expecting City to announce that Our Blue will be restored " IF " the meeting goes well on Thursday,when I mean well, our fans to be united and respectful and then it to be announced maybe within 48hrs after the meeting has taken place :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

What about the return of our rightful badge

Darren, hasnt been mentioned so far,but it will be on Thursday,but that does worry me :bluescarf:

Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:54 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Bluebird1977 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Ian, then the club will only go one way and thats down and broken.

Thats just it its already broken its just tan dont realise this sadly :?

Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:55 pm

Bobbank59 wrote:If this turns out to be true Annis, great.
If not, mass boycotts and demonstrations.

100% either way :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:00 pm

Oh yes if it does not come off after calling a meeting there will uproar for sure

Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:02 pm

If - and to me this is a huge doubt anyway, but lets say tan agrees that he fucked up with the rebrand and will turn us back to blue from next season on the condition of season tickets being renewed next month, do you all really trust tan enough to take his word, that once season tickets are bought and the club has the fans ST money, he will not go back on his word and keep us red anyway?

Its funny there has been NO mention of any dialogue with fan until a month before renewals start. The club know as its stands they won't get renewal's until blue is back. I think its a line of communication to get the renewals in, then they will shut up shop again and ignore us all once ST money is in the bank.

My view only boys, and you all got your own minds and project common sense on here (most of the time! Haha !), but I do not trust the shit bag in the slightest. I didn't the day he arrived, and I won't right now. This isnt a ' told you so ' moment but i told people blinded by him and his money what was in store for us and i take no satisfaction in being right. I do not trust him or his arse licking employees \ yes men.

Until the club is actually playing in blue permanently, I will reserve judgement. Hope I am proved wring this time, but I think there is more chance of Russell Slade signing Elvis Presley during the January transfer window.

Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:20 pm

PhilStantShoot2Kill wrote:If - and to me this is a huge doubt anyway, but lets say tan agrees that he fucked up with the rebrand and will turn us back to blue from next season on the condition of season tickets being renewed next month, do you all really trust tan enough to take his word, that once season tickets are bought and the club has the fans ST money, he will not go back on his word and keep us red anyway?

Its funny there has been NO mention of any dialogue with fan until a month before renewals start. The club know as its stands they won't get renewal's until blue is back. I think its a line of communication to get the renewals in, then they will shut up shop again and ignore us all once ST money is in the bank.

My view only boys, and you all got your own minds and project common sense on here (most of the time! Haha !), but I do not trust the shit bag in the slightest. I didn't the day he arrived, and I won't right now. This isnt a ' told you so ' moment but i told people blinded by him and his money what was in store for us and i take no satisfaction in being right. I do not trust him or his arse licking employees \ yes men.

Until the club is actually playing in blue permanently, I will reserve judgement. Hope I am proved wring this time, but I think there is more chance of Russell Slade signing Elvis Presley during the January transfer window.

This.

I honestly feel it's a ploy to get us all to renew.

Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:21 pm

Can anyone tell me have the press been
Informed ie sky talk sport etc

Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:25 pm

That would be great if true, let's hope Annis. We can all focus on 1 goal then like we used too. :bluescarf:

Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:27 pm

I'm Feeling Blue wrote:
PhilStantShoot2Kill wrote:If - and to me this is a huge doubt anyway, but lets say tan agrees that he fucked up with the rebrand and will turn us back to blue from next season on the condition of season tickets being renewed next month, do you all really trust tan enough to take his word, that once season tickets are bought and the club has the fans ST money, he will not go back on his word and keep us red anyway?

This.

I think so unfortunately. Also, has anyone official from the club even mentioned that a change back to blue is on the agenda for this meeting?

I think the script is already written with dalman or choose saying - renew all of your season tickets and stop with protests and this will allow us to report back to tan that you are all being nice to him, and maybe he will change his mind on the colours. But even if he doesn't at least he already has your ST money

Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:35 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I don't think he will lose face by changing us back to blue, I think people will respect him more. I have no issue with tan other than the rebrand.

I always have full respect for a person who can admit they were wrong, made a mistake etc. we then all move on as one.

Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:45 pm

billyako wrote:Annis, if this does happen, then I think the club should apply to the FA to wear next seasons top in the last home game of this season, I seem to recall reading it somewhere that this is allowed with permission from the FA, Chelsea done this a few times (maybe a PL only thing)

If that happened, it would fully united the fans going into next season with a new positive atmosphere instead of this poison one we are currently in.

Fingers crossed!

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Football League rules allow clubs to wear thier registered "Away"strip for one Home fixture each season without having to ask permission.

Our last Home fixture this season is on 25th April and as our greatest achievement of winning the FA Cup was on 23rd April 1927 it would be a fantastic way of celebrating both our return to Blue and the anniversary of winning the FA Cup.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:48 pm

huge respect to Russell Slade for telling Tan the truth :ayatollah: :ayatollah: if he has played a significant part in the reversal, we should recognise that fact. Good luck to those attending, and I hope some common sense prevails over beer mat badge :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:07 pm

:

If this is true is this the bet way to protest in future if Blue and the badge is not restored? I know non attendances have been mentioned before but if it has been revealed that this is the one thing that really gets to Tan I think an organised approach to not attending a specific game could really have an impact. Tan doesn't seem to care about marches, billboards, public opinion or the in ground blue, 1927 etc. Time for something new?

Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:11 pm

PhilStantShoot2Kill wrote:
I'm Feeling Blue wrote:

This.

I think so unfortunately. Also, has anyone official from the club even mentioned that a change back to blue is on the agenda for this meeting?

I think the script is already written with dalman or choose saying - renew all of your season tickets and stop with protests and this will allow us to report back to tan that you are all being nice to him, and maybe he will change his mind on the colours. But even if he doesn't at least he already has your ST money

More chance of Slade signing ELVIS than dalman using season tickets as bargaining tool? You are forgetting 40 fans at meeting will not allow that plus press! :thumbup:

Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:13 pm

I really wouldn't be surprised if they come up with the line ....stop the protests and a change back to blue will be "considered" at the end of the season.

I appear to be different to most on here in that I consider the Bluebird emblem to be just as important to me as the blue shirt.

If and it's a mighty big IF he does agree to the blue returning, then it better not have the beermat on it as our compromise.