Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' UPDATED ' ' They are even now saying '

Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:46 pm

ThomasC wrote:modernising the brand should of happened years ago, the brand is Cardiff City Bluebirds :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: the Bluebird is synonymous with the club, anyone tell me what Stoke City's emblem is? me neither......Cardiff always had an opportunity to market itself better

Its a potter using a potters wheel. Their nickname is the potters

Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:53 pm

Gaynor Straight wrote:
ThomasC wrote:modernising the brand should of happened years ago, the brand is Cardiff City Bluebirds :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: the Bluebird is synonymous with the club, anyone tell me what Stoke City's emblem is? me neither......Cardiff always had an opportunity to market itself better

Its a potter using a potters wheel. Their nickname is the potters

doesn't spring to mind as much as the bluebird, everyone knows it as it's the nickname of the club :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: a unique brand other clubs don't have

Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:00 pm

It wouldn't surprise me if we went back to Blue but I'm guessing it may come with a condition.. I. E. Certain level of season tickets.
I still think Tan is bailing out I don't expect any further major investment in the near future.

Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:02 pm

I just don't see it happening think we are all going to be left disappointed with the outcome, hope I'm wrong :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Re: ' They are even now saying '

Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:11 pm

RFMH wrote:What are the terms though? Is debt to equity completely off the table? Will the club have a policy and philosophy going forward? rather than going from a fairly balanced manager to and overly defensive one to a pass/attack minded manager (in theory) to another balanced manager (in theory) 3 and a half years costing millions and several rebuilds.

The meeting is to confirm a return to blue, thus giving Tan a smokescreen for:

A sell off of all players of any value
Recruitment of a lower league journeyman manager to pursue a lower (i.e. cheaper) standard of football
An off the scale increase in debt to around £150m
Tan apparatchiks with zero experience of football to continue running the football club
Confirmation of reneging on debt to equity
Confirmation of reneging on a new training ground
A never to be used white elephant stand extension, complete with red seats
Pocketing of all future parachute payments
Heading off any pesky protests so that season ticket sales are at least partly upheld

Doubt this lot will be on the agenda somehow :roll:

Re: ' They are even now saying '

Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:13 pm

1899 wrote:
RFMH wrote:What are the terms though? Is debt to equity completely off the table? Will the club have a policy and philosophy going forward? rather than going from a fairly balanced manager to and overly defensive one to a pass/attack minded manager (in theory) to another balanced manager (in theory) 3 and a half years costing millions and several rebuilds.

The meeting is to confirm a return to blue, thus giving Tan a smokescreen for:

A sell off of all players of any value
Recruitment of a lower league journeyman manager to pursue a lower (i.e. cheaper) standard of football
An off the scale increase in debt to around £150m
Tan apparatchiks with zero experience of football to continue running the football club
Confirmation of reneging on debt to equity
Confirmation of reneging on a new training ground
A never to be used white elephant stand extension, complete with red seats
Pocketing of all future parachute payments
Heading off any pesky protests so that season ticket sales are at least partly upheld

Doubt this lot will be on the agenda somehow :roll:

The simple truth is you don't know, so don't give the impression that you do. It does you no credit! :roll: :oops:

Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:21 pm

moonstomper1927 wrote:Annis if this happens, and we return to blue and a bluebird, will it change the way you think of Tan? How do you think the majority of the supporters will react?
Personally I hate the rebrand as much as anyone else but also recognise the fact we survive as a club because of his money (like everyone else ;-))
Will it be the end of the ‘Tan Out’ shouts and beginning of “Oh lord tan the Man?”
Has he caused too much damage and disrespected the fans so much its unforgivable or will we want to take him to Canton and buy him a few pints of Dark
:ayatollah:

I will give you my honest opinion after the meeting :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:35 pm

what ever happens i think tan will love the media attention it brings, good or bad

maybe he will play the malky was the villain im the hero card

Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:37 pm

bluemoon wrote:what ever happens i think tan will love the media attention it brings, good or bad

maybe he will play the malky was the villain im the hero card

I think your right :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:43 pm

Who cares , bottom line is Blue Kit and bluebird badge back . then I will come back to the games !! :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: We will always be Blue. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:50 pm

May I just ask Annis, but who is 'they'?

Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:52 pm

CalShepCCFC wrote:May I just ask Annis, but who is 'they'?

Cal, 3 Different people all either connected to our Club or close to our Club :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:52 pm

I know the rebrand is being discussed but nothing has been offered or promised yet , I'm quietly optomistic will wait and see what is said. Would be good if someone be there updating on the meeting (on here) as it happens so we can all find out what's going on here?

Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:04 pm

Fantastic news if true, our club needs a huge boost on and off the the pitch, our fans will be able to do that :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:05 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Cal, 3 Different people all either connected to our Club or close to our Club :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Annis do you know that they are offering us blue back or just hopeful?

Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:09 pm

darran1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Ive been told they are :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:09 pm

darran1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Darran, Ive been told they are :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:10 pm

Ill be paying to watch games next season if this does happen.

Return to blue & Badge

Season ticket will wait until it would actually happen.

But I do believe when a fire is lit the smokes goes anyway the wind blows but be careful as the wind may change and leave you in a cloud of smoke.

Good Luck

Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:12 pm

Ill be paying to watch games next season if this does happen.

Return to blue & Badge

Season ticket will wait until it would actually happen.

But I do believe when a fire is lit the smokes goes anyway the wind blows but be careful as the wind may change and leave you in a cloud of smoke.

Good Luck

Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:12 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
darran1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Darran, Ive been told they are :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: Cheers , will someone be keeping us updated on here at what is going on at the meeting

Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:15 pm

darran1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
darran1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: Cheers , will someone be keeping us updated on here at what is going on at the meeting

Darran, Hopefully :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:19 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

How confident are you?

Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:28 pm

CalShepCCFC wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

How confident are you?

Cal, More than confidant " IF " Our fans behave,no arguing and unite as one :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:37 pm

Finally this must be The breakthrough. :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:39 pm

Guess nothing is finalised , but credit to Annis if the rumours and information is accurate , simply a return to Blue next season will be wonderful news and bridge the gap with our owner tan.. Annis Ile be over the moon to renew my season ticket if Tan makes the gesture to return us to our true colours Blue and this would be significant to the fans and club uniting some what... Hope your right Annis , as if not I hope you dont renew as you have indicated as this will further mean Tan continues to play games with us ...
Guess we have to be optimistic and view this move as a positive development and CCFC potentially showing us some respect as the fans make the club......

Fingers crossed and Ile be first to renew and be delighted to have our Bluebirds back......

Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:40 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
CalShepCCFC wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

How confident are you?

Cal, More than confidant " IF " Our fans behave,no arguing and unite as one :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sadly, someone is bound to kick off

Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:41 pm

iaveadream22 wrote:Guess nothing is finalised , but credit to Annis if the rumours and information is accurate , simply a return to Blue next season will be wonderful news and bridge the gap with our owner tan.. Annis Ile be over the moon to renew my season ticket if Tan makes the gesture to return us to our true colours Blue and this would be significant to the fans and club uniting some what... Hope your right Annis , as if not I hope you dont renew as you have indicated as this will further mean Tan continues to play games with us ...
Guess we have to be optimistic and view this move as a positive development and CCFC potentially showing us some respect as the fans make the club......

Fingers crossed and Ile be first to renew and be delighted to have our Bluebirds back......

IF THEY NOW DONT MAKE US BLUE,AFTER WHAT I HAVE BEEN TOLD,THEN I WONT RENEW AFTER 43 CONSECUTIVE YEARS :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:42 pm

CalShepCCFC wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
CalShepCCFC wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

How confident are you?

Cal, If they really Love Our Club they wont :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:54 pm

Try and get a word with the ppl going in beforehand annis,the last thing we need is to come across as a mob of idiots show a United front and a bit of respect and he'll lap up being the hero cos it's all about attention with him

Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:58 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
CalShepCCFC wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
CalShepCCFC wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

How confident are you?

Cal, If they really Love Our Club they wont :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

True, but guranteed someone will kick off if something they don't like is talked about. If Tan say's he cutting investment off, then you know someone would rather that than seeing us back blue.