Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: EXCLUSIVE UPDATE : CARDIFF CITY MANAGER

Sat May 14, 2016 7:21 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:
Mr Shed wrote:If it is trollope, then great. Obviously some people at the club feel he can offer something that slade couldnt. And no, i dont believe it's because he's a yes man, if that were the case then he'd have left slade in charge!

Some one mustve recomended him to tan as i dont believe tan has been in the country more than twice this season.

Christ, if the supporters had the choice, god knows who we'd have in post. But I'd bet it'd be a back page of the sun megastar!!

We wouldn't get a megastar here that's just it because we got TAN and its tans way or no way that's we are getting a poundshop not a harrods manager :laughing6:

We're Cardiff City FC not Real Madrid or Barcelona that's why we're getting a pound shop manager

Sat May 14, 2016 7:22 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:
Mr Shed wrote:If it is trollope, then great. Obviously some people at the club feel he can offer something that slade couldnt. And no, i dont believe it's because he's a yes man, if that were the case then he'd have left slade in charge!

Some one mustve recomended him to tan as i dont believe tan has been in the country more than twice this season.

Christ, if the supporters had the choice, god knows who we'd have in post. But I'd bet it'd be a back page of the sun megastar!!

We wouldn't get a megastar here that's just it because we got TAN and its tans way or no way that's we are getting a poundshop not a harrods manager :laughing6:

We're Cardiff City FC not Real Madrid or Barcelona that's why we're getting a pound shop manager

Sat May 14, 2016 7:29 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:This would be disappointing in my opinion!

For things to improve we need to move away from the current set up! It' hasn't worked! Moving slade upstairs and putting Trollope in charge with the same coaches is hardly going to make things different!

I don't see how this is the change to a modern approach on football! It's not inspiring and I can't see how it will sell thousands more season tickets?

I'm up for most options but keeping with the current regime is not one of them!

While I can understand why you think that I think it's harsh.

Trollope wasn't in charge, he has to do as he was told and could not make the decisions, the obvious decisions eveyone could see from a very stubborn Slade .
It's like if you or anyone took over from their boss, you wouldn't be expected to be judged on his performance and would come in with your own ideas even though you helped develop his ideas.

While I tend to agree with a lot you say mate! I also appreciate your response, if Trollope had a modern approach on the game then surely during half time when things are not working his input would be used to help slade adjust! From the side lines, Trollope always seems to be the vocal one, while slade arms folded remains quiet! It always looks as if it is Trollope who is barking the orders and commands! This is why I am nervous!

I believe for the club to move on and get to that top six, we need to make this appointment right! A new fresh modern approach on the game! For that to work. The current coaching set up needs change!

Sat May 14, 2016 7:36 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

For things to improve we need to move away from the current set up! It' hasn't worked! Moving slade upstairs and putting Trollope in charge with the same coaches is hardly going to make things different!

I don't see how this is the change to a modern approach on football! It's not inspiring and I can't see how it will sell thousands more season tickets?

Trollope wasn't in charge, he has to do as he was told and could not make the decisions, the obvious decisions eveyone could see from a very stubborn Slade .
It's like if you or anyone took over from their boss, you wouldn't be expected to be judged on his performance and would come in with your own ideas even though you helped develop his ideas.

While I tend to agree with a lot you say mate! I also appreciate your response, if Trollope had a modern approach on the game then surely during half time when things are not working his input would be used to help slade adjust! From the side lines, Trollope always seems to be the vocal one, while slade arms folded remains quiet! It always looks as if it is Trollope who is barking the orders and commands! This is why I am nervous!

I believe for the club to move on and get to that top six, we need to make this appointment right! A new fresh modern approach on the game! For that to work. The current coaching set up needs change!

Agree , I think Scott Young needs to be moved on also he is part of the problem

Sat May 14, 2016 7:42 pm

Not being funny, but why would Carl know anything?

Nobody knew that the club were going to appoint Slade at the time, which shows that those who profess to be ITK know bugger all :lol:
After reading Paul Clements interview in The Times, I wouldn't be too dis-pleased to have him here as manager :thumbup:

Sat May 14, 2016 7:43 pm

nothing personal... but if this is the case it does not inspire me to whip the cobwebs off the wallet to get my renewal money out, another armchair season ahead, more important things for my hard earned to spend on

Sat May 14, 2016 7:59 pm

langley wrote:Players love Trollopoe, that counts for a lot.

The players also probably love ice cream.......Mr Whippy for manager ?

Sat May 14, 2016 8:11 pm

bluemoon wrote:nothing personal... but if this is the case it does not inspire me to whip the cobwebs off the wallet to get my renewal money out, another armchair season ahead, more important things for my hard earned to spend on

To be fair, I'm not sure anything would inspire you, fella! :roll:

Either a Cardiff City supporter or your not and if it wasn't this it would likely be some other reason not to attend ;)

Sat May 14, 2016 8:15 pm

Funny how performances improved because of trollope according to some on here, now same people don't want him as he's part of problem! Same ones didn't want slade but he proved people wrong and we wasn't relegation threatened! Personally don't think our fans be happy until Josè is appointed but then give him 10 games before knives out. :o

Sat May 14, 2016 8:17 pm

Whoever it is, let's get behind him. All managerial appointments are a gamble. The new manager, head coach, deserves a chance.

Sat May 14, 2016 8:18 pm

More uninspiring dross from the club again.f**k me we are in for another bag of shit season next year!!

Sat May 14, 2016 8:22 pm

sir ninian wrote:More uninspiring dross from the club again.f**k me we are in for another bag of shit season next year!!

With which manager do you base your opinion on,The one we have not appointed yet??? :shock:

Sat May 14, 2016 8:28 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
sir ninian wrote:More uninspiring dross from the club again.f**k me we are in for another bag of shit season next year!!

With which manager do you base your opinion on,The one we have not appointed yet??? :shock:

I'm basing it on the one we are going to appoint.Knowing Cardiff City he's going to be a worthess c**t!

Sat May 14, 2016 8:31 pm

sir ninian wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

I'm basing it on the one we are going to appoint.Knowing Cardiff City he's going to be a worthess c**t!

Sorry didn't know you were ITK :thumbup:

Sat May 14, 2016 8:59 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
sir ninian wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

He's not ITK, but he appears to be The Oracle for future events, Allan ;) :lol: :lol:

Sat May 14, 2016 9:12 pm

Sven wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
sir ninian wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

He's not ITK, but he appears to be The Oracle for future events, Allan ;) :lol: :lol:

Haven't people learned from slagging off slade at beginning? Yes he failed ultimately but cannot argue he kept is in hunt until the end, when most on here predicted mid league to relegation for us!!

Sat May 14, 2016 9:54 pm

F it, Tan has the money, let;s just go and get Eddie Howe and be done with this crap! Trollope, no way.

Sat May 14, 2016 9:57 pm

The evil dictator will only employ a yes man :bluebird:

Sat May 14, 2016 10:02 pm

When trollope came in he brought a bit of passion and if you watched the match know owing nothing about city you would have thought he was the manager as he was up barking orders and it worked for a few games.
If the likes of warlock Bellamy etc ain't being interviewed because they won't be yes men then what chance have we really got and Bellamy has worked under tan so he knows what role tan has as in buying players and team selection.
Most of the games that we were on sky this season Ian Holloway seemed to cover them and I had a feeling that he had a soft spot for us knowing that slade wouldn't be a long term option but he seemed to echo what most of us on here were saying regarding tactics substitutions and what we were lacking mostly a striker. But will he be a yes man he doesn't seem the type as he usually says what's on his mind so that won't go down to we'll with tan but he's got blackpool up on a shoestring budget and against us so maybe tan may take notice but it's looking more like trollope more and more as the days go on it won't excite fans and get new bums on seats and I doubt he will be a manager players would like to come and play for unlike Bellamy or warnock but as long as tan is in charge it seems we may have to put up with this.

Sat May 14, 2016 10:08 pm

Blueboys1927 wrote:Tan will want Trollope because he will say YES Vincent, Yes Vincent, YES Vincent

And you know that how exactly ?

If we believe what has been said the job is Trollope's yet he's asked for some confirmation/clarification. That could be that he's looking for more autonomy and the last say on transfers for all we know.

Don't start wide speculation and make out it's fact. You may be right, you may be wrong but you certainly don't know any more than anyone else.

Judge whoever gets the job on results not guesses :roll:

Sat May 14, 2016 10:18 pm

Trollope ..... fair plays vincent tan sure knows how to excite the fans .... there wont be a season ticket left after thats announced!

Sat May 14, 2016 10:20 pm

Blueboys1927 wrote:The evil dictator will only employ a yes man :bluebird:

Presume that will apply to anyone he hires?? Bellers clement ect ect :o

Sun May 15, 2016 6:26 am

carlccfc wrote:EXCLUSIVE UPDATE : CARDIFF CITY MANAGER

Direct information.

Craig Bellamy will not be interviewed for the Cardiff City's managers job, he is not in the running for the job and never has been since Russell Slade's departure was announced.

Neither is Neil Warnock.

Both are not seen as managers who could get along with Vincent Tan in such a capacity of being the manager of Cardiff City.

James Rowberry has not been offered the job. The story reported by Wales Online is wide of the mark and Rowberry has not even been spoken to by the club about the vacant managers position.

The man that Vincent Tan wants as manager is Paul Trollope, that is his preferred choice and he has been interviewed.

Trollope is interested in the position and he has put forward measures he would like to see happen before he commits himself.

There are other candidates who are being interviewed but you can certainly scratch off the names of Bellamy, Warnock and Rowberry.

Russell Slade will not have an input into team affairs, Slade will report to Vincent Tan with his observations but will not have any involvement at how the team is coached or managed, the new manager will report directly to Ken Choo and Mehmet Dalman.

If Trollope gets it, nothing has changed, I predict a drop in the crowds, a drop in finishing position next season, then he gets the sack and we are back where we are today, but in a worse position again.

It would show a complete lack of ambition and an acceptance of mediocrity ??

Surely Tan as a businessman has been in football long enough now to see what is needed ??? According to this obviously not !!!

Sun May 15, 2016 7:09 am

Carlos look what uve done

Paul Trollope now clear favourite to become Cardiff City boss as bookmakers slash odds on Saturday night

Re: UPDATED EXCLUSIVE UPDATE : CARDIFF CITY MANAGER

Sun May 15, 2016 7:53 am

Paul Trollope favourite to succeed Russell Slade at Cardiff City

BBC Sunday 15th May 2016

Paul Trollope has emerged as strong favourite to succeed Russell Slade as Cardiff City boss.

Slade was removed as manager at the end of the season with the club now looking to appoint a head coach.

The 55-year-old has now taken up a new role as head of football at Cardiff and will oversee scouting among other duties.

Ex-Wales midfielder Trollope has been Cardiff head coach since February 2015 and is favourite with one bookmaker to take the managerial reigns.

Trollope, who spent five years as manager of Bristol Rovers, will be part of Chris Coleman's Wales coaching team at this summer's European Championship finals.

The 43-year-old was first-team coach at Birmingham City and Norwich City before joining Slade's backroom team midway through the 2014-15 season.

Slade was in charge for the final time when Cardiff drew 1-1 with Birmingham on the final day of the Championship season, a result which saw the Bluebirds finish eighth in the table.

Cardiff had targeted a place in the play-offs, but fell short as they recorded one win in their final seven matches.

Slade will be Cardiff's head of football next season, with a new head coach appointed to oversee the first-team.

Sun May 15, 2016 8:10 am

Forever Blue wrote:Paul Trollope favourite to succeed Russell Slade at Cardiff City

BBC Sunday 15th May 2016

Paul Trollope has emerged as strong favourite to succeed Russell Slade as Cardiff City boss.

Slade was removed as manager at the end of the season with the club now looking to appoint a head coach.

The 55-year-old has now taken up a new role as head of football at Cardiff and will oversee scouting among other duties.

Ex-Wales midfielder Trollope has been Cardiff head coach since February 2015 and is favourite with one bookmaker to take the managerial reigns.

Trollope, who spent five years as manager of Bristol Rovers, will be part of Chris Coleman's Wales coaching team at this summer's European Championship finals.

The 43-year-old was first-team coach at Birmingham City and Norwich City before joining Slade's backroom team midway through the 2014-15 season.

Slade was in charge for the final time when Cardiff drew 1-1 with Birmingham on the final day of the Championship season, a result which saw the Bluebirds finish eighth in the table.

Cardiff had targeted a place in the play-offs, but fell short as they recorded one win in their final seven matches.

Slade will be Cardiff's head of football next season, with a new head coach appointed to oversee the first-team.

Annis,

If he is appointed it will obviously go two ways!

For me I would give him the chance, he is Welsh and from what I have heard he is well respected and part of the current Wales set up.

Obviously if it goes t@@@ up then it will only serve to VT that he needs an established manager to take over :ayatollah:

Sun May 15, 2016 8:11 am

Forever Blue wrote:Carlos look what uve done

Paul Trollope now clear favourite to become Cardiff City boss as bookmakers slash odds on Saturday night

In all fairness Annis, as soon as Slade was moved upstairs, then Trollope was favourite foe the job, which is what I said to my lot as soon as it was announced. I was hoping, however that the club would show more ambition and appoint Warnock, to give it a real go

Sun May 15, 2016 8:23 am

WHAT A LOAD OF TROLLOPE..

Sun May 15, 2016 8:34 am

Leytonstoneblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Carlos look what uve done

In all fairness Annis, as soon as Slade was moved upstairs, then Trollope was favourite foe the job, which is what I said to my lot as soon as it was announced. I was hoping, however that the club would show more ambition and appoint Warnock, to give it a real go

Yes its the way Tan works and controls managers.
Tan will want a manager who will accept that he can't get his own players in.

Sun May 15, 2016 8:54 am

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

I totally agree with you Huw, appointing Trollope will undo all the good work the club did in the final weeks of the season. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over & over & expecting a different result appointing Trollope is exactly that! Spade & Trollope looking after the first team affairs, what will change?? Will we still be recruiting more useless players like Ravell & Twiggy Malone??

In the final weeks of the season there was a feel good factor with this I think we've gone back to square 1 with this (if it comes true) completely uninspiring & lack of ambition appointment.