Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' CARDIFF CITY'S NEW MANAGER ANNOUNCED '

Wed May 18, 2016 12:07 pm

mozzy4 wrote:I'm actually quite happy about this. If it's true that Tan wants the new manager to bring in Welsh players then Trollope is a good fit as he's been involved in the setup. Hopefully the football will get better as well, we'll have to hope it does. Unit anything goes wrong then he gets my support. Good luck Trollope

Totally agree :thumbup:

Re: ' CARDIFF CITY'S NEW MANAGER ANNOUNCED & CONFIRMED '

Wed May 18, 2016 12:18 pm

:ayatollah:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed May 18, 2016 12:27 pm

Give the guy a chance you moaning bunch of bastards :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed May 18, 2016 12:28 pm

Well in Paul Trollope - every fan's job to get behind him now.

Only at Cardiff will you get fans jumping on a new managers back within 5-10 minutes of getting announced :laughing6: :laughing6:

Wed May 18, 2016 12:41 pm

TRose69 wrote:Well in Paul Trollope - every fan's job to get behind him now.

Only at Cardiff will you get fans jumping on a new managers back within 5-10 minutes of getting announced :laughing6: :laughing6:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
:bluebird:

Wed May 18, 2016 12:44 pm

I personally think the moans are justified.
Trollope was partly responsible for the failings of the team last year. You cannot solely blame Slade for all the teams problems.

No matter how much you sugar coat it, we've gone from a Slade/Trollope combo bargain bucket to a Trollope/Slade shit sandwich.

For those who say Slade will have no say in 1st Team affairs or selection, then what the feck is Slade going to be doing?!?
Can't see him seeking fresh talent across Europe (maybe Div 2)

A golden chance to put bums on seats has been wasted.
Typical City

Wed May 18, 2016 12:48 pm

Ketteringblues wrote:I personally think the moans are justified.
Trollope was partly responsible for the failings of the team last year. You cannot solely blame Slade for all the teams problems.

No matter how much you sugar coat it, we've gone from a Slade/Trollope combo bargain bucket to a Trollope/Slade shit sandwich.

For those who say Slade will have no say in 1st Team affairs or selection, then what the feck is Slade going to be doing?!?
Can't see him seeking fresh talent across Europe (maybe Div 2)

A golden chance to put bums on seats has been wasted.
Typical City

Slades will be dealing with things other than 1st team affairs along with dalman and choo, lots to running football club besides coaching players! :thumbup:

Wed May 18, 2016 1:35 pm

Congratulations to Paul Trollope on his appointment. I hope that he does well. :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Wed May 18, 2016 2:12 pm

If we had been told that one of the candidates was a young upcoming coach that has worked successfully as a number 2 at 3 different championship clubs, has learnt his trade managing at lower league level gaining promotion via the play offs and is going to be part of the coaching set up of a national team competing at this years European Championships everyone would literally salivating at the prospect of this highly acclaimed international coach we are being linked with. The fact that his name is Paul Trollope and is already at the club is irrelevant. He is in my eyes a far better choice than Bellamy, clement or sherwood. He knows our squad, they like and respect him, he already understands what needs to be done and will come back from the euros with bags of fantastic experience and inspiration.

Give the guy a break. He is no different from the likes of Sean Dyche, Alex Neil or Eddie Howe and people rave all day long about them. They were all unknown and given a chance. Let's give Paul Trollope a chance.

Wed May 18, 2016 3:27 pm

" NEW CARDIFF BOSS HAS TO REPORT TOO & PLAYERS LEAVING TOO "
Link
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=172957
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed May 18, 2016 3:31 pm

Has my full support :bluescarf:

Wed May 18, 2016 3:37 pm

THE DON wrote:If we had been told that one of the candidates was a young upcoming coach that has worked successfully as a number 2 at 3 different championship clubs, has learnt his trade managing at lower league level gaining promotion via the play offs and is going to be part of the coaching set up of a national team competing at this years European Championships everyone would literally salivating at the prospect of this highly acclaimed international coach we are being linked with. The fact that his name is Paul Trollope and is already at the club is irrelevant. He is in my eyes a far better choice than Bellamy, clement or sherwood. He knows our squad, they like and respect him, he already understands what needs to be done and will come back from the euros with bags of fantastic experience and inspiration.

Give the guy a break. He is no different from the likes of Sean Dyche, Alex Neil or Eddie Howe and people rave all day long about them. They were all unknown and given a chance. Let's give Paul Trollope a chance.

Agree totally well put sir

Re: ' CARDIFF CITY'S NEW MANAGER ANNOUNCED '

Wed May 18, 2016 3:40 pm

mozzy4 wrote:I'm actually quite happy about this. If it's true that Tan wants the new manager to bring in Welsh players then Trollope is a good fit as he's been involved in the setup. Hopefully the football will get better as well, we'll have to hope it does. Unit anything goes wrong then he gets my support. Good luck Trollope

If they're the same standard as Tom Lawrence I'm afraid we need much better.

Wed May 18, 2016 3:50 pm

THE DON wrote:If we had been told that one of the candidates was a young upcoming coach that has worked successfully as a number 2 at 3 different championship clubs, has learnt his trade managing at lower league level gaining promotion via the play offs and is going to be part of the coaching set up of a national team competing at this years European Championships everyone would literally salivating at the prospect of this highly acclaimed international coach we are being linked with. The fact that his name is Paul Trollope and is already at the club is irrelevant. He is in my eyes a far better choice than Bellamy, clement or sherwood. He knows our squad, they like and respect him, he already understands what needs to be done and will come back from the euros with bags of fantastic experience and inspiration.

What "success" did Trollope have at 3 different Championship clubs? Did he coach any of them to promotion?

As a lower league manager you have a point but when he was sacked by Bristol Rovers it was because they were in the relegation places at the time.

The fact that he knows the squad and they like him is irrelevant surely - it shouldn't matter if the players "like" the manager. In fact it's more likely to be a problem because he will undoubtedly have his "favourites" who he will continue to select just as Slade did despite loss of form.

His Euro experience is likely to last no more than 3 games where Coleman will be making all the decisions in any event.

Of course he needs to be given a chance but lets face it, the odds against him being successful based on what he's done before (just like they were with Slade) are overwhelming.

Wed May 18, 2016 3:52 pm

Good appointment will bring youth through done well at Bristol has very good experience as a coach and will use modern tactics he could be our Eddie Howe Well done on your promotion Paul. :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Wed May 18, 2016 3:52 pm

Santa Ponsa Blue wrote::ayatollah:

Who's the bloke on the left?

The new Assistant Manager? :o

Wed May 18, 2016 4:07 pm

At least this ends the speculation and the ludicrous names that have been mentioned on this forum recently. Fans need to read between the lines, Tan has made it blatantly obvious that this club has to operate within it's means and on a tight budget. We were never going to get some of the names thrown about in the last few weeks. It was always going to be someone already at the club, or a less well known name. Next season will be all about further cost cutting while trying to stay in this league. The club will make the right noises and say promotion is on the agenda, but we will get no closer next season than we did this season. We might as well be realistic and realise that we have to operate within our means. No doubt we will get the usual suspects predicting a top two finish once again, but in my opinion a top ten spot will be as much as we can really hope for this time next year.

Wed May 18, 2016 4:14 pm

Congratulations Paul Trollope-now make this thread look like an arsewipes roll-call :ayatollah:

Wed May 18, 2016 4:17 pm

Not my ideal choice, but it is what it is and I'll back him and the players 100%. I saw him being interviewed on CC Player earlier and was very impressed with how he came across. He seems quite an impressive character. He could well surprise a lot of our fans and do a very good job. Good luck Paul! :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Wed May 18, 2016 4:20 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:Congratulations Paul Trollope-now make this thread look like an arsewipes roll-call :ayatollah:

He'll do that whether he's successful or a failure! :thumbup:

Wed May 18, 2016 4:38 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:At least this ends the speculation and the ludicrous names that have been mentioned on this forum recently. Fans need to read between the lines, Tan has made it blatantly obvious that this club has to operate within it's means and on a tight budget. We were never going to get some of the names thrown about in the last few weeks. It was always going to be someone already at the club, or a less well known name. Next season will be all about further cost cutting while trying to stay in this league. The club will make the right noises and say promotion is on the agenda, but we will get no closer next season than we did this season. We might as well be realistic and realise that we have to operate within our means. No doubt we will get the usual suspects predicting a top two finish once again, but in my opinion a top ten spot will be as much as we can really hope for this time next year.

Thats how I see it. Good luck Paul Trollope, as you are going to need it. I think he will do a decent job. :bluebird:

Wed May 18, 2016 4:43 pm

Well said. I thought the same about other "unknown" managers getting a chance and doing well. Support him, and you never know he could well surprise people. If he bridges the gap between Academy and 1st team that would be a great start. Mid table is acceptable in the circumstances imo.

Wed May 18, 2016 4:44 pm

Think back to this time last year and Leicester appointed Ranieri and all of the media and fans of Leicester were condemning the club for that appointment as he had been sacked from the Greece job and non one believed that Leicester would survive in the Premier League.
Give Trollope a chance and see where we go.

Wed May 18, 2016 4:45 pm

Quakerman wrote:Think back to this time last year and Leicester appointed Ranieri and all of the media and fans of Leicester were condemning the club for that appointment as he had been sacked from the Greece job and non one believed that Leicester would survive in the Premier League.
Give Trollope a chance and see where we go.

Exactly. :thumbup: :ayatollah:

Wed May 18, 2016 5:28 pm

A totally underwhelming appointment.

Probably choice was dictated to by the budget available.

I really see the lack of experience as a significant drawback.

This will certainly not end well.

Wed May 18, 2016 5:36 pm

Not an inspiring choice by all means but Trollope got my backing and I'll judge him midway through the season.

Wed May 18, 2016 9:42 pm

Wish people would stop moaning about things. Most people wanted Slade to go, it happened, now when Trollope gets the job everyone's already negative before a ball has been kicked! Stop judging him and give him a f*****g chance. I was in captains lounge for reading game, (just behind dugout) and he was fantastic, vocal, knowledgable and most importantly passionate which is what we need! So get off his back and give the guy a chance, CCFC doesn't need this negativity.

Wed May 18, 2016 10:14 pm

Good Luck to Paul Trollope and the squad for next season :bluebird:

Thu May 19, 2016 11:06 am

davids wrote:

What "success" did Trollope have at 3 different Championship clubs? Did he coach any of them to promotion?

As a lower league manager you have a point but when he was sacked by Bristol Rovers it was because they were in the relegation places at the time.

The fact that he knows the squad and they like him is irrelevant surely - it shouldn't matter if the players "like" the manager. In fact it's more likely to be a problem because he will undoubtedly have his "favourites" who he will continue to select just as Slade did despite loss of form.

His Euro experience is likely to last no more than 3 games where Coleman will be making all the decisions in any event.

Of course he needs to be given a chance but lets face it, the odds against him being successful based on what he's done before (just like they were with Slade) are overwhelming.

There will always differing opinions regarding this appointment but the point I was trying to make is everyone is judging Trollope before he has had a chance to prove himself as the head coach. The likes of Eddie Howe, Paul Clement, Sean Dyche, Gary Monk, Robert Di Matteo, Alex Neil etc etc all started from a similar position as Trollope. Some of those achieved great things with very little experience behind them so there is absolutely no reason why Trollope cannot do the same. A lot of Trollope's success and the success of any manager that we could have appointed, will depend quite heavily on the support and budget from Tan, Dalman and Choo. I personally think Trollope is very good coach from what I have seen and from what I have been told about him. He will certainly be an improvement on Slade and with the right backing I think a playoff target is a reasonable expectation. At the end of the day any head coach working at Cardiff City is going to have a much better chance if he has decent players at his disposal so he can build a successful team. Trollope's footballing philosophy is a lot different to that of Slade and im expecting a far better standard of attacking passing football. Hopefully if he has the right players this should see the end of defensive hoof ball.

Let's give the guy a chance, I think he will surprise a few people with both his player selection and formation. I for one am looking forward for to see if he can get a response from this group of talented players.