Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: COMMENT: THE LATEST ON CLUB'S DEBT...

Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:19 pm

Bye bye roathy ....... unfortunately it’s probably just temporary.

Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:20 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:Bye bye roathy ....... unfortunately it’s probably just temporary.

Shsssssssssh,I heard if you say his name three times, he turns up!!! :lol: :old: :bluebird:

Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:28 am

Seems to be a lot of jealousy fueled frustrated responses here to what was a very informative and sensible contribution.

Either way. The book value of the stadium is useless as it will never realistically be realised. It is simply an audited took to be creative with book balancing, hiding a lot of negative equity by balancing it against what is in reality, an un-saleable asset.

No amount of making stories up, shouting or calling me names will change that - or prevent me from airing my views. :thumbup:

Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:16 am

Baleares wrote:Seems to be a lot of jealousy fueled frustrated responses here to what was a very informative and sensible contribution.

Either way. The book value of the stadium is useless as it will never realistically be realised. It is simply an audited took to be creative with book balancing, hiding a lot of negative equity by balancing it against what is in reality, an un-saleable asset.

No amount of making stories up, shouting or calling me names will change that - or prevent me from airing my views. :thumbup:

Whoooosh :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:24 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:Whoooosh :lol: :lol: :lol:

Whoooosh? :?

Something tells me you don't quite know how to use that phrase :laughing6:

Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:11 am

goats wrote:
Probably, think they were down to 10k for Blackburn or Barnsley game, hopefully when back in league 1 soon it will be half again. :lol: He will disappear again then no doubt, like he did when we swapped places......

A thread woudn't be a thread without a lying post about Swansea from goats :laughing6:

17,000+ for Blackburn, 14,000+ for Barnsley. On average around 4 times more than you got against Luton this season and 3 times more than you got against Carlisle :thumbup:

Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:49 am

goats wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
welshcasual wrote:
wez1927 wrote:Why not? if our club is debt free its worth a lot more, stadium alone is worth 60 million at least

Because the stadium cannot be realistically sold. The land it’s on is the value, not the stadium itself. Who would buy it? It’s an accounting technique and nothing more. The land is worth what, £15m tops? However even that may also have a caveat on it that is cannot be sold - or indeed if it is then the buyers are restricted to sporting purposes as the land was gifted by the council wasn’t it?

The company itself loses money, the fact it has no immediate debt is largely irrelevant. The fact VT has had to write off millions and continues to do so suggests the company isn’t really solvent and would soon be running at a loss that the new owners would have to cover as Tan is. So a Championship club that loses money, with minimal saleable assets and minimal non-parachute income cannot be worth anywhere near a PL club with income streams of over £100m+ p/a.

Current value of the club is probably somewhere between £35m and £40m.

You are speaking absolute rubbish the stadium is owned by the club , doesn't matter about resale value it's still an asset on the books at around 60 million , if the club is debt free it makes it worth more , debt free , in profit with assets unlike swansea not having any assets other than a training ground which btw is UP for sale coz they are skint ! Our future parachute payments are more than 35 million , fair play you ain't got a clue roathy

A huge amount of cash has come in to the club since may2018 also, 200 million from sky, big crowds, merchandise and increased revenue streams from advertising etc....be nice to think we are finally clear of debts and can start to function more sustainably. I’m hearing the jacks are in all kinds of bother, borrowing off banks to exist, selling off the academy etc....we are lucky to have a money man hey, let’s hope he starts to learn how to run the club properly.

Starts to learn the club properly?

Your message and this thread in fact shows he is fully aware how to run the club properly and has been doing that.

Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:50 pm

Baleares wrote:
goats wrote:
Probably, think they were down to 10k for Blackburn or Barnsley game, hopefully when back in league 1 soon it will be half again. :lol: He will disappear again then no doubt, like he did when we swapped places......

A thread woudn't be a thread without a lying post about Swansea from goats :laughing6:

17,000+ for Blackburn, 14,000+ for Barnsley. On average around 4 times more than you got against Luton this season and 3 times more than you got against Carlisle :thumbup:

think he was talking about those in actual attendance.. its done on here by our own fans regarding our own crowds from time to time.. the 14k is the lie because it comes after the word attendance which involves going to the game.. eg I went on a protest in London.. does not mean I bought a train ticket , got hammered the night before ,was hung over so watched it on the news..

Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:50 pm

Baleares wrote:
goats wrote:

4000 ST holders didn’t show for Barnsley, sub 10 k actually in the ground. Fact

Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:18 pm

goats wrote:
Baleares wrote:
goats wrote:

4000 ST holders didn’t show for Barnsley, sub 10 k actually in the ground. Fact

Almost same for Blackburn. I know a few jacks who are regulars said never seen the place so dead since move