Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Here We go again:Cardiff ready to sue Nantes for up to £

Tue May 09, 2023 6:33 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Suing FC Nantes will get us know where once again, just costly and more embarrassment.

When Emiliano came back to Nantes he came back as a Cardiff City player of his own free will to visit friends abd sirt his dogs transport out.

Originally we were embarrassing saying Emiliano was not even our player, shocking.

On a flight arranged not by Cardiff but by nantes selling agent , an illegal flight ,

I can't see how that matters. He might have been on Nantes books but it sounds like he was doing something outside Nantes responsibility. Unless there is something I'm missing this is just wishful thinking from Cardiff.

Which, as Annis said, is why going after Nantes is gonna end up in failure, even if it is the only "profitable" route.

Blame has already been attributed to Henderson by a criminal court, there is your best available Civil route but why bother if there is no recompense?

Unless the club can prove some sort of contract between Nantes and the Agent to assist Sala after the transfer occured.

Tue May 09, 2023 6:42 pm

Wayne S wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Suing FC Nantes will get us know where once again, just costly and more embarrassment.

When Emiliano came back to Nantes he came back as a Cardiff City player of his own free will to visit friends abd sirt his dogs transport out.

Originally we were embarrassing saying Emiliano was not even our player, shocking.

On a flight arranged not by Cardiff but by nantes selling agent , an illegal flight ,

I can't see how that matters. He might have been on Nantes books but it sounds like he was doing something outside Nantes responsibility. Unless there is something I'm missing this is just wishful thinking from Cardiff.

Which, as Annis said, is why going after Nantes is gonna end up in failure, even if it is the only "profitable" route.

Blame has already been attributed to Henderson by a criminal court, there is your best available Civil route but why bother if there is no recompense?

Unless the club can prove some sort of contract between Nantes and the Agent to assist Sala after the transfer occured.

Wayne,

Wez will argue and argue for Tan no matter how bad our debts get.

When Emiliano was travelling etc he was NO longer the responsibility at all of Nantes.

He chose to go to his agent for transport, Nothing to do with Nantes anymore

I said we would lose all the court cases , we did and great cost to us, Wez said we would win them all.
I will state now we will lose any battle against Nantes.

Shocking No insurance by our hierarchy.

Against the agents we can win, but they are worthless.

Wez kept saying all season this squad can make the playoffs :lol:

Tue May 09, 2023 6:44 pm

Wayne S wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Well whatever it might be at best it will be clutching at straws.

I just feel the club are going for this so they can use it as an excuse not to invest in the squad for next season.

Tue May 09, 2023 7:02 pm

Reply Twitter:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue May 09, 2023 7:06 pm

Replies FB:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue May 09, 2023 7:14 pm

Reply FB:

Tue May 09, 2023 7:57 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Wayne S wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Well whatever it might be at best it will be clutching at straws.

I just feel the club are going for this so they can use it as an excuse not to invest in the squad for next season.

This is exactly what I have been saying, Ned, i.e. the 'embargo' might well suit the owner's plans for next season... :cry:

Tue May 09, 2023 8:04 pm

Whistler wrote:I am not surprised by this, i think it was trailed back in January as the likely course that would be taken.

Yes, I put it out there after being reliably told the decision had effectively been made but that it would take some weeks to come for out for legal reasons

Sadly, it has proven true and we are now embarking on the next stage of litigation... :cry:

Tue May 09, 2023 8:35 pm

I’m really struggling to see why today’s news is bad for the club.

If CAS have no jurisdiction then how can the sporting bodies beneath them impose sanctions when the case has clearly not been decided at the appropriate level ?

Now I have no problem in them imposing a “payment into court” held pending a final decision to safeguard Nantes should the case go against them but sanctions like embargo’s seem to be pre-judging that decision and could very well be successfully challenged now.

All these cases are part of the bigger picture which seems to be getting closer to a conclusion, whichever way that conclusion goes.

I have defended Tan in his right, and decisions, to take this case to every court.

I have never said he would ultimately win, but surely even those who hate Tan can see that this actually helps his/our case and there is merit in these cases.

Tue May 09, 2023 8:52 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:This court case I agree with. He's right in what he saying, someone is at fault for it and shouldn't get away with it being our cost.

Although he needs to stick by the agreement of the deal. It needs to be paid.

They are two separate issues legally.

Paying the fee would be considered an admission of guilt so therefore the case could be over before it started.

I would like to know what arguments the club will use but no one will find that out until the club claim is put forward.

Also what is the argument against the broker and how solid is it?

Agree there's a process to follow which the club are following! Unfortunately the time element which seems to go on forever then the cost and the negative media.
I personally feel we need to support the club as we have not done anything wrong signing Sala but someone has and this needs to be identified to prevent it happening in the future to us and other clubs. Whether we get anything back financially ????

With all this negative press i just feel sorry for Salas family and the toll its taking on the fans. :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Tue May 09, 2023 9:10 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Wayne S wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Wayne,

When Emiliano was travelling etc he was NO longer the responsibility at all of Nantes.

I said we would lose all the court cases , we did and great cost to us, Wez said we would win them all.

I will be taking 50 pounds off you :lol:

Tue May 09, 2023 11:35 pm

Here We Go Again ...... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Wed May 10, 2023 5:07 am

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Wayne S wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Wayne,

I will be taking 50 pounds off you :lol:

:lol: :lol:

I look forward to you handing me the £50.

Wed May 10, 2023 5:35 am

They did say... exhaust all legal avenues.... so here we are.
I agree with THIS civil case but
McKay is a bankrupt ( aye right ).
French court will protect French club.
Henderson in jail.
Plane owners is a different matter?
Will it help that allegedly Nantes refused to pay into the trust fund set up by CCFC?
Will NW get dragged back into it?
Long way to go.

Wed May 10, 2023 6:24 am

Reply FB:

Allan Bobbatt

If I was Sabri, I would get out of the club ASAP, after the news that Tan is taking Nantes to court for £200 million. Let's get one thing straight, it is not Cardiff City who are taking Nantes to court, as is being reported. It is Tan who is taking Nantes to court. This bloke is dragging our great club through the mud and we must be the most hated club in football, because of him.
Tan has probably saved our club but is now refusing to take the club any further and it is really sad, what is going on now, with all these rediculous court cases.
MR Tan we are begging you to end this fiasco and pay up.
RIP EMELIANO SALA.

Wed May 10, 2023 6:28 am

I agree with the above it’s Tan m, not Cardiff City , it’s down to one person Tan and only Tan doing all this.

Wed May 10, 2023 7:38 am

Forever Blue wrote:Reply FB:

Allan Bobbatt

If I was Sabri, I would get out of the club ASAP, after the news that Tan is taking Nantes to court for £200 million. Let's get one thing straight, it is not Cardiff City who are taking Nantes to court, as is being reported. It is Tan who is taking Nantes to court. This bloke is dragging our great club through the mud and we must be the most hated club in football, because of him.
Tan has probably saved our club but is now refusing to take the club any further and it is really sad, what is going on now, with all these rediculous court cases.
MR Tan we are begging you to end this fiasco and pay up.
RIP EMELIANO SALA.

Tan has obviously been advised that he can win else why would he go down this route?

My understanding is he was given this advice well before the other court cases. Someone is creaming this in at Tans expense. If Tan loses this then expect another law suit against his advisers or is this me being cynical?

Wed May 10, 2023 8:22 am

Not a big fan of Tan but on this Sala situation I can understand his frustrations. Such a tragic unlucky situation. Just the way we dealt with it should of been a lot better.
I don't understand how we can sue Nantes for 200m over probability. No one knows if Sala's goals would of kept us up or what would of happened so I don't understand how you can sue over probabilities? All I do know is this transfer took two life's and as a club it's nearly ruined us. Tans a bit of a tw*t but understand a bit as to why he feels he shouldn't have to pay for this transfer. But in the Premier league these figures and much much more get wasted all the time on players that don't settle or come good. It's football business. The real people responsible are Mc Kay and Henderson but we not going to get much from them are we. It's a mind blowing totally unique situation which for all involved is very unlucky. We need to pay the fee and move on.

Wed May 10, 2023 9:41 am

It is a classic case, of Cardiff not insuring the player. Another reason why we should have at the start appointed a Director of Football and a Director of the administration. The part time role the 3 undertaken has resulted in millions lost in transfers, poor appointments , cancelling contracts and this sorry saga. When you make a mistake admit it, learn and move on.

Wed May 10, 2023 9:53 am

There is continual speculation about Sala not being insured by the club.

Are we even sure the insurance would cover his unfortunate death in the scenario that played out?

Someone has gone to jail for their part in what happened. I would assume the insurance company would be all over this in respects to the policy even covering this.

I assume this is why there is talk about the club looking into their automatic policy that is activated (if there is such a thing) with the insurance company when a player is signed

Wed May 10, 2023 10:06 am

Wayne S wrote:There is continual speculation about Sala not being insured by the club.

Are we even sure the insurance would cover his unfortunate death in the scenario that played out?

Someone has gone to jail for their part in what happened. I would assume the insurance company would be all over this in respects to the policy even covering this.

I assume this is why there is talk about the club looking into their automatic policy that is activated (if there is such a thing) with the insurance company when a player is signed

I'm struggling to believe the club would not have something like this in place. If they did it would not surprise me they bought a cheap policy that did not include "Dying". This club had gone cheap on most things and they most likely have done here.

Wed May 10, 2023 10:37 am

Reply FB:

Wed May 10, 2023 10:39 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
Wayne S wrote:There is continual speculation about Sala not being insured by the club.

I'm struggling to believe the club would not have something like this in place. If they did it would not surprise me they bought a cheap policy that did not include "Dying". This club had gone cheap on most things and they most likely have done here.

The talk was about all clubs having a cover all policy in place for players as and when they signed.

So with Sala being our player, that policy automatically kicked in. However, it probably only covered general employment insurance.

Again this is why Tan may go after them as the policy was not comprehensive, but who is to blame for that.

Wed May 10, 2023 10:53 am

Wayne S wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

The talk was about all clubs having a cover all policy in place for players as and when they signed.

So with Sala being our player, that policy automatically kicked in. However, it probably only covered general employment insurance.

Again this is why Tan may go after them as the policy was not comprehensive, but who is to blame for that.

$1m question that.

Would it cover him flying back to France and returning alive?

Wed May 10, 2023 11:02 am

Are We all missing a key point here!

Firstly I am not trying to come down on the side of Tan & co.

Is it the case that the transfer embargo is now in place for the 3 windows what ever the fact that the balance is paid now or at a later date. With that key factor if we were able to win a Negligence case against Nantes would that then give the EFL no reason to keep the embargo and would be obliged to lift it. FOOD FOR THOUGHT :bluebird:

Wed May 10, 2023 11:11 am

Wayne S wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

The value of the player / insurance on that value is almost irrelevant now. This is about our losses and consequential losses for being relegated from the premier league due to an arrangement, we will claim was part of the agents fee, which under contract was the responsibility of Nantes. Its a long shot, but its not completely without foundation either. Nobody else was paying for this flight, the agents only remuneration for this sale was from Nantes. There'll be plenty of hurdles tough. This could yet spin on a simple fact that, us lay people don't know and or understand.

Wed May 10, 2023 11:16 am

Surely if a player passes away in an accident like sala did .
The club have the relevant insurance in place after all its 15 million we are taking about.
There apparently was a miss understanding at the club they thought as soon as a player was signed the insurance was automatically triggered.
It wasn't
So who ever is to blame for that cardiff city or the insurance company one of them is at fault.

How on earth is it nantes fault ?
Why does Tan expect to get anything from Nantes?

I do understand its an insane amount of money thats gone but Sala has gone aswell this shouldn't be dragged out its disgusting really this.

Tan wants his money back i totally agree with him .
The only way i see a payment being reimbursed is through the insurance company or from the company that flew him illegally over the channel.

Its easy for me to say this but Tan should of payed the money and then sued for damages financially.
That way ccfc could of trades as normal.

A player has lost his life its such a tragedy and our club since has been left in ruin.

The mess needs sorting asap now or we will be relegated at some point you cant keep flirting with relegation each season and expect to stay in this league.

Something needs to change so everyone can move forward.
The club have to recognise this and pull there finger out and find a solution or its another season of crap football and scraping at the bottom.

Wed May 10, 2023 11:22 am

Whistler wrote:Are We all missing a key point here!

Is it the case that the transfer embargo is now in place for the 3 windows what ever the fact that the balance is paid now or at a later date. With that key factor if we were able to win a Negligence case against Nantes would that then give the EFL no reason to keep the embargo and would be obliged to lift it. FOOD FOR THOUGHT :bluebird:

The problem there could be that any case could be 1 - 2 years coming to court. Of course these things seldom get to court unless their mad like the Vardy / Rooney. Tan and negotiated compromise doesn't isn't a statement I've heard before either ! lets hope he takes note of his legal advisers more than he does from his footballing advisors.

Wed May 10, 2023 11:49 am

epping blue wrote:
Whistler wrote:Are We all missing a key point here!

The problem there could be that any case could be 1 - 2 years coming to court. Of course these things seldom get to court unless their mad like the Vardy / Rooney. Tan and negotiated compromise doesn't isn't a statement I've heard before either ! lets hope he takes note of his legal advisers more than he does from his footballing advisors.

I think there was a negotiated settlement with Hammam.

Wed May 10, 2023 12:00 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Wayne S wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:

$1m question that.

Would it cover him flying back to France and returning alive?

I assume the insurance company have managed to wriggle out of it on the grounds of the Premier League or whoever it was who hadn’t ratified the original contract. Again only an assumption but could explain why the club are also looking to pursue claims against the insurance company for not having explanations for instances where the contract isn’t ratified