Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: The useless c**t, otherwise known as “Rob Page”

Mon Jun 10, 2024 4:56 pm

Cardiff_CPT wrote:
cs_original wrote:I’m not saying I’m in the page in or out camp, but what would your thoughts be on a foreign manager. Or even an English manager?

National managers should be from that particular nation. Dilutes the term international otherwise. Hard to see who we can turn to? Dean Saunders with a team bonding piss up at each camp :lol:

Steve cooper would be great for wales but doubt he would want it but doing nothing since forrest

Mon Jun 10, 2024 4:56 pm

Cardiff_CPT wrote:
cs_original wrote:I’m not saying I’m in the page in or out camp, but what would your thoughts be on a foreign manager. Or even an English manager?

National managers should be from that particular nation. Dilutes the term international otherwise. Hard to see who we can turn to? Dean Saunders with a team bonding piss up at each camp :lol:

Of course they don't.

If following that logic, should the coaches be from that specific nation too?

Hell, even the players don't have to be born in Wales.

Mon Jun 10, 2024 5:56 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:
Cardiff_CPT wrote:

Of course they don't.

Why call it an international then?

Mon Jun 10, 2024 6:00 pm

montyblue wrote:
Cardiff_CPT wrote:

Steve cooper would be great for wales but doubt he would want it but doing nothing since forrest

Good shout Monty, forgot about Cooper, but i doubt he'd want it at this stage, his stocks too high after doing so well with forest. He needs to get back involved soon though, football moves on fast, i'm sure he's had offers.

Mon Jun 10, 2024 6:04 pm

Cardiff_CPT wrote:
Roath_Blue wrote:
Cardiff_CPT wrote:

Of course they don't.

I'm not the one that makes the rules.

But its true is it not?

Mon Jun 10, 2024 6:07 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:
Cardiff_CPT wrote:
Roath_Blue wrote:
Cardiff_CPT wrote:

Of course they don't.

I'm not the one that makes the rules.

But its true is it not?

It's true that international football is being diluted yeah, ruins it for me.

Tue Jun 11, 2024 1:51 pm

Cardiff_CPT wrote:
montyblue wrote:
Cardiff_CPT wrote:

Good shout Monty, forgot about Cooper, but i doubt he'd want it at this stage, his stocks too high after doing so well with forest. He needs to get back involved soon though, football moves on fast, i'm sure he's had offers.

Isn't that sad, though? Wales International Manager can't offer the same pull as someone sacked by Notts Forest who's likely going to end up in a top half championship club.

Tue Jun 11, 2024 2:07 pm

cwales.cooper is taking his time eondering ehat to do with himself but sutely he is young enough to take the wales job and if it goes t.ts up he would still get work after it would be good for him and may suit him better than league football.

Tue Jun 11, 2024 5:03 pm

SB 1927 wrote:
Cardiff_CPT wrote:
montyblue wrote:
Cardiff_CPT wrote:

Isn't that sad, though? Wales International Manager can't offer the same pull as someone sacked by Notts Forest who's likely going to end up in a top half championship club.

Not really as international managers job is far removed from day to day running of a football club so is not for everyone especially for smaller nations like Wales

Tue Jun 11, 2024 7:46 pm

The FAW are taking their time to sack Page? There is no way he can stay in the job now.

Wed Jun 12, 2024 3:08 pm

Looks like he’s not going anywhere.
Unbelievable.

Fri Jun 14, 2024 11:29 am

I wonder how Mr Page feels with all the hype around Scotland and England in the Euros. Hopefully he will realise that he needs to stand down as Wales manager.

Fri Jun 14, 2024 2:42 pm

I still can't understand why with a minute of time left before penalties v Poland, he didn't bring Ramsay on to take one. It would have calmed the younger players down, and he doesn't miss many. It could well have made the difference and his lack of game time was irrelevant for one kick of the ball...

He was an average player and he is now proving himself to be an average manager. He needs to go now.

Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:16 am

Should have been looking forward to our first game today. Larger competition and he still messed it up with a decent squad. Should be gone already

Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:36 am

[quote="Underhill1927"]Should have been looking forward to our first game today. Larger competition and he still messed it up with a decent squad. Should be gone already[/quote

this expansion was to help smaller nations to qualify Albania Scotland did it we should have too!
We cannot afford to miss out next qualification otherwise lose momentum gained over past 3 competitions...plus tge money qualification brings FAW.

Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:02 am

Hopefully
the F.A.W.watching the euros will now realise what a f.ck up they have made and hopefully will recitify for the up and coming tournaments but if they stay with page it will split the fanbase.

Sun Jun 16, 2024 1:05 pm

montyblue wrote:Hopefully
the F.A.W.watching the euros will now realise what a f.ck up they have made and hopefully will recitify for the up and coming tournaments but if they stay with page it will split the fanbase.

It certainly will split the fanbase Monty, the majority who want him out and the rest who don't really give a shit.

Show me one person who thinks Page is good for Welsh football and I will show you a clueless clown. :bluebird:

Sun Jun 16, 2024 5:53 pm

TheHangedMan wrote:

It certainly will split the fanbase Monty, the majority who want him out and the rest who don't really give a shit.

Show me one person who thinks Page is good for Welsh football and I will show you a clueless clown. :bluebird:

Nations league results are crucial to us getting good ranking points to stay in pot 2 so avoiding 2 power teams in WC qualification... so no good giving him 2 games ect be to late then.

Sun Jun 16, 2024 6:49 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:

Nations league results are crucial to us getting good ranking points to stay in pot 2 so avoiding 2 power teams in WC qualification... so no good giving him 2 games ect be to late then.

Allan

Would love to be there with wales but sadly had to settle for 3 weeks of rain in scotland got back ladt weekend glad to have some footy to watch
my team holland did the bizz today.

Sun Jun 16, 2024 6:52 pm

I cannot understand 2 x wales players suggesting we give page another 2 games f.ck off how rediculious.

Sun Jun 16, 2024 7:38 pm

montyblue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:

Allan

Would love to be there with wales but sadly had to settle for 3 weeks of rain in scotland got back ladt weekend glad to have some footy to watch

Yes had plans to take our motorhome for 2wks just to be there even if no tickets... but stuck here in soggy weather ...
Dont understand players saying give him 2 games be too late then as cant see us winning to many if hes still here.

Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:02 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
montyblue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:

Allan

Yes had plans to take our motorhome for 2wks just to be there even if no tickets... but stuck here in soggy weather ...
Dont understand players saying give him 2 games be too late then as cant see us winning to many if hes still here.

Allan

We to would have gone in the motorhome but it was scotland lets just hope enough people keep calling for page to go otherwise it will be forgotton until the weeks before the next tournament
to late then.

Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:25 pm

montyblue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
montyblue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
TheHangedMan wrote:

Allan

Allan

We to would have gone in the motorhome but it was scotland lets just hope enough people keep calling for page to go otherwise it will be forgotton until the weeks before the next tournament
to late then.

Maybe FAW are waiting to see what manager is available come start of season? But longer goes on more likely hes staying... osain roberts is open to the job i suspect and be ideal for us or giggs back dont have a problem there. Anyone but page!

Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:37 pm

Surely there is someone on this forum who has influence with the FAW to get rid of Page?

Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:52 am

It was actually a strange relief that I didn’t have to sit through another toothless performance under Page yesterday.

I will say I don’t blame Page, seems like a decent bloke, passionate Welshman. He’s been given a job that’s way too big for him in my opinion

Thu Jun 20, 2024 1:07 pm

How can a war torn country like Ukraine qualify and Wales can't :banghead: Page better be on his way out.

Thu Jun 20, 2024 4:26 pm

FOOTSOLDIER wrote:How can a war torn country like Ukraine qualify and Wales can't :banghead: Page better be on his way out.

Dont forget albania and theres another team never been euros before! (name i forget) but suspect got decent manager getting best out of players something we dont have.

Thu Jun 20, 2024 5:46 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
FOOTSOLDIER wrote:How can a war torn country like Ukraine qualify and Wales can't :banghead: Page better be on his way out.

Dont forget albania and theres another team never been euros before! (name i forget) but suspect got decent manager getting best out of players something we dont have.

Georgia quite possibly you're referring to there. First Euros. Ranked 74 in the world.

Only thing we are rank one in the world at is having the biggest clown as a manager.

Thu Jun 20, 2024 5:51 pm

Roath_Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Georgia quite possibly you're referring to there. First Euros. Ranked 74 in the world.

Only thing we are rank one in the world at is having the biggest clown as a manager.

Well judging by no reaction from FAW suspect page is here for nations league at least ! But soon be lower than georgia in fifa rankings

Fri Jun 21, 2024 10:42 am

Page has been sacked :clap: :ayatollah: