Re: Slovenia v Denmark “ Euro 2024 topic - all matches “

Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:18 pm

Denmark 1-0 up.

Christian Eriksen opens the scoring.

Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:26 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Denmark 1-0 up.

Christian Eriksen opens the scoring.

Great moment, considering he had a cardiac arrest at the last Euros.

Sun Jun 16, 2024 5:35 pm

Slovenia level the game with less than 15 minutes to go

Sun Jun 16, 2024 5:51 pm

FT: Slovenia 1-1 Denmark

Slovenia will be the happier of the two with that result.

Serbia v England coming up at 8pm.

Re: Serbia v England “ Euro 2024 topic - all matches “

Sun Jun 16, 2024 6:48 pm

Good luck to England

Sun Jun 16, 2024 7:14 pm

England lead after 12 minutes.

Bellingham with the goal.

Sun Jun 16, 2024 7:49 pm

HT: Serbia 0-1 England

It’s only 1-0 but England seem to be in control. Serbia threatened towards the end of the half but didn’t test Pickford.

Serbia struggling to deal with Bellingham and Saka.

Sun Jun 16, 2024 7:56 pm

One-way traffic, Serbia's 532 is playing into England's hands.

Englands midfeild 3, 4 with Foden against their 3 is a mismatch then 5 defenders marking England's 2 forwards is one nil to Southgate. Saka is murdering their full back so 4 are marking Kane who hasn't touched the ball :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

could be 4-0 when they tire

Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:27 pm

Serbia have been much better in the second half

Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:35 pm

Got to give it to the Serbian coach, he changes things. This may suit England as they are decent counterattackers.

Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:46 pm

Part of the problem for England is that two players they really rely on, Kane and Foden, just haven’t turned up.

Serbia really putting the pressure on.

Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:54 pm

FT: Serbia 0-1 England

Not a comfortable win for England but expect they’ll just be happy to have got the job done after a tough second half.

Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:56 pm

Not the world beaters all the english lovers said they where
What's new.

Re: England win “ Euro 2024 topic - all matches “

Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:06 pm

They where hanging on the last 20 mins.

Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:11 pm

montyblue wrote:They where hanging on the last 20 mins.

Agree, lucky to get the win really.

They’ll have to improve a lot. The likes of France will tear them apart if they play like that.

Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:26 pm

Luckily for England their reputation went before them and Serbia gave them too much respect early on, resulting in the opening goal.

As soon as they upped their game, England went into their shell and looked anything but potential tournament winners. Foden and Kane in particular were dreadful.

In the end Serbia can consider themselves slightly unlucky they didn't get something out of the game.

Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:26 pm

MoodyBluebird wrote:Luckily for England their reputation went before them and Serbia gave them too much respect early on, resulting in the opening goal.

As soon as they upped their game, England went into their shell and looked anything but potential tournament winners. Foden and Kane in particular were dreadful.

In the end Serbia can consider themselves slightly unlucky they didn't get something out of the game.

Spot On .

Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:50 pm

Tomorrow we see France start their campaign against Austria at 8pm. I’ve got Mbappe for the golden boot so hopefully he scores a few and it’s a comfortable night for them :lol:

The other games are:

2pm - Romania v Ukraine

5pm - Belgium v Slovakia

Mon Jun 17, 2024 4:05 am

I thought Kane did ok second half, held the ball up and won a good few free kicks to relieve pressure. Foden was so poor though, he improved a bit late on but i'd seriously consider dropping him for Jarred Bowen.
After seeing that performance, England can forget winning the Euros, semi finalists at best in my view. They have enough world class players but the tactics are wrong, their passing is too one paced.

Re: Romania v Ukraine “ Euro 2024 topic - all matches “

Mon Jun 17, 2024 12:33 pm

Romania v Ukraine gets us underway today at 2pm.

Mon Jun 17, 2024 1:28 pm

Cardiff_CPT wrote:I thought Kane did ok second half, held the ball up and won a good few free kicks to relieve pressure. Foden was so poor though, he improved a bit late on but i'd seriously consider dropping him for Jarred Bowen.
After seeing that performance, England can forget winning the Euros, semi finalists at best in my view. They have enough world class players but the tactics are wrong, their passing is too one paced.

Like wales they have a defensive minded manager..
Which is stiffling certain players like rice & boden... thats why they've fallen short even with world class players they have in previous competitions.

Mon Jun 17, 2024 1:31 pm

Rumania 1-0 ukrain brilliant shot after goalie mistake.....30mins gone

Mon Jun 17, 2024 1:48 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Rumania 1-0 ukrain brilliant shot after goalie mistake.....30mins gone

Half time 1-0

Mon Jun 17, 2024 2:01 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Rumania 1-0 ukrain brilliant shot after goalie mistake.....30mins gone

Half time 1-0

Romania better than I expected so far.

Mon Jun 17, 2024 2:03 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Cardiff_CPT wrote:I thought Kane did ok second half, held the ball up and won a good few free kicks to relieve pressure. Foden was so poor though, he improved a bit late on but i'd seriously consider dropping him for Jarred Bowen.

Which is stiffling certain players like rice & boden... thats why they've fallen short even with world class players they have in previous competitions.

Defensive tactics were definitely a problem for them, Serbia could have got a draw out of that in the end.

Part of the problem is Bellingham. He’s a brilliant player but also takes up the positions that Foden wants to be in - maybe they don’t have room for both of them and Bellingham played much better than Foden.

Mon Jun 17, 2024 2:50 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Defensive tactics were definitely a problem for them, Serbia could have got a draw out of that in the end.

Part of the problem is Bellingham. He’s a brilliant player but also takes up the positions that Foden wants to be in - maybe they don’t have room for both of them and Bellingham played much better than Foden.

Same problem had with lampard & gerrad.. certainly boden not in favourite position last nite and it showed also he played another player another out position leaving natuaral sided one on bench trent arnold instead of saka?

Mon Jun 17, 2024 2:52 pm

FT: Romania 3-0 Ukraine

A big win for Romania and it could give them a decent chance of making the Last 16.

Next up today at 5pm is the other match in that group, as Belgium play Slovakia.

Re: Belgium v Slovakia “ Euro 2024 topic - all matches “

Mon Jun 17, 2024 4:08 pm

Slovakia take the lead against against Belgium after just seven minutes.

Schranz with the goal.

Mon Jun 17, 2024 4:49 pm

HT: Belgium 0-1 Slovakia

Lukaku should have scored a hattrick in that first half

Mon Jun 17, 2024 5:47 pm

Lukaku equalises for Belgium with five minutes to go