Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ITS OFFICIAL MARK MCGUINNESS SIGNS FOR LUTON

Tue Aug 20, 2024 5:03 pm

Mark McGuinness officially Signs for Luton

Tue Aug 20, 2024 5:06 pm

Good luck McGuinness.

Never downed tools like Kieffer Moore, so wish him all the best.

Hope he smashes it at Luton.

Tue Aug 20, 2024 5:11 pm

All the best to Mcguiness....top pro

Tue Aug 20, 2024 5:23 pm

Goodbye to a future club captain that we should have been building around. I sure hope that Dalgard is good.

Tue Aug 20, 2024 5:25 pm

Some are acting like we just sold Kav or Earnie. We can survive without him. Thanks for the effort but he's not anywhere near my top picks for CB over the years. Great business.

Tue Aug 20, 2024 5:30 pm

Good deal for Cardiff, good deal for Luton (that’s their opinion) but most of all a good deal for Mark McGuinness financially, who can blame him or the club for that! Some people on here saying that’s okay as long as we buy a quality striker- doesn’t every club want a quality striker? of course they do. We could spend all the money on a so called “Quality Striker” and end up with egg on our face again.

Tue Aug 20, 2024 5:35 pm

Already seeing a few saying this is a great deal for us.

So just a reminder that Cardiff City are getting nowhere near £10m.

Tue Aug 20, 2024 5:56 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Already seeing a few saying this is a great deal for us.

So just a reminder that Cardiff City are getting nowhere near £10m.

You seen the contract/deal ? .no one actually knows 100% what the deal is only the club and it should be in next year's accounts under players sales .

Tue Aug 20, 2024 6:00 pm

So Tans not backing Bulut the sale of two players has paid for more than what we have brought in

Tue Aug 20, 2024 6:02 pm

Funny how now he’s gone he’s suddenly our best defender and we now have no ambition. Nothing to do with the usual “Tan out” agenda of course. He’s solid and ok, but totally replaceable and we go a great price for him. I wish him all the best but I’d be amazed if we see him in the PL with Luton.

Tue Aug 20, 2024 6:03 pm

Forever Blue wrote:So Tans not backing Bulut the sale of two players has paid for more than what we have brought in

I'd love to say I was surprised, but I'm not.

Tue Aug 20, 2024 6:05 pm

Forever Blue wrote:So Tans not backing Bulut the sale of two players has paid for more than what we have brought in

Signings are never free remember that Robertson and the player today bought for a fee, siging on fees for the others , I bet kanga cost a loan fee and I bet we spend more money by end of the window.

Tue Aug 20, 2024 6:07 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:Funny how now he’s gone he’s suddenly our best defender and we now have no ambition. Nothing to do with the usual “Tan out” agenda of course. He’s solid and ok, but totally replaceable and we go a great price for him. I wish him all the best but I’d be amazed if we see him in the PL with Luton.

Totally agree we shipped 70 goals last season with him in the team . Definitely replaceable

Tue Aug 20, 2024 6:07 pm

Reply:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Aug 20, 2024 6:08 pm

Reply:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Aug 20, 2024 6:14 pm

Reply:

Tue Aug 20, 2024 6:17 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Reply:

Brownie :lol:

Tue Aug 20, 2024 6:24 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:Funny how now he’s gone he’s suddenly our best defender and we now have no ambition. Nothing to do with the usual “Tan out” agenda of course. He’s solid and ok, but totally replaceable and we go a great price for him. I wish him all the best but I’d be amazed if we see him in the PL with Luton.

Totally agree we shipped 70 goals last season with him in the team . Definitely replaceable

He was out injured for 6 months mind... almost 50% of those goals were when Nat Phillips tooks his spot. We were no better off with or without him last season.

Tue Aug 20, 2024 6:32 pm

Totally agree with you. Good business sense all round and if it means we can strengthen the team with the proceeds of the sale as we appear to be doing, even better. It's not as if he's a Johnson, Loovens, Morrison, Gabbidon or Bamba.

Tue Aug 20, 2024 7:21 pm

Every player has a price at every club irrelevant of how good or bad people think they are. If we bing in equal or better even better we shall see what this new center back is like I guess.

Hopefully the money goes to other players :bluescarf:

Tue Aug 20, 2024 7:21 pm

Good luck Mark.

Great professional, always gave his all in a city shirt.

We'd better keep the corners conceded to a minimum when Luton are in town.

Tue Aug 20, 2024 7:32 pm

Good luck Macca. Got more for him than I expected. Will help us to dip into the transfer window more effectively in january

Tue Aug 20, 2024 8:14 pm

He was 100% our best defender and one of our most promising players, which is why Luton wanted him. If he continues his development he'll certainly play in the prem, whether that's with Luton, only time will tell.

Tue Aug 20, 2024 8:38 pm

Reply:

Tue Aug 20, 2024 8:41 pm

Reply:

Tue Aug 20, 2024 9:25 pm

I rate McGuinness but this sale is necessary to raise funds.

The club has been criticised in the past for not selling players at the right time and now they have probably done the right thing.

McGuinness will certainly go on to better things but he’s not a ball playing CB that fits into how Bulut wants to play.

If this money is used to buy a quality striker (or two !!) and possibly pay for a loan LB and/or midfielder this could be the difference between playoffs or not.

It’s a gamble, but in my opinion it’s a gamble worth taking and we’ll know more at the end of this window.

Tue Aug 20, 2024 10:07 pm

Commanding centre-half Mark McGuinness has become the Hatters’ latest summer recruit, joining for a significant undisclosed fee from Cardiff City, subject to international clearance.

Boosting the Town’s options in defensive areas, the 23-year-old arrives at Kenilworth Road following three seasons in south Wales where he became a fans’ favourite for his towering presence in the Bluebirds’ backline.

Town boss Rob Edwards says the 6ft 4in Republic of Ireland Under-21 international has been a long-term target and is excited at the prospect of the added competition for places in defence.

“He’s a big, big player for us – and a signing which shows our intent,” Edwards said. “He might be only 23 but he’s a leader. We see him as a big influence in the dressing room and on the pitch.

“He’s had a great upbringing, played lots of games, and is a threat in both boxes. He wants to defend but he can play, too.

“Last year it showed that we needed bodies in defence, but now, with Amari’i Bell back and Reece Burke and Mads Andersen resuming training, we’re starting to look really strong in that area.

“Mark believes we’re the right club for the next step in his career. He wants to play in the Premier League and he sees us as the opportunity to do that, so this further highlights how strong of an acquisition he is for the football club.”

Speaking to LTFC+ after his first session on The Brache grass with Tom Lockyer this afternoon, Mark said: “I’m excited to be here. It’s been nice to see the boys today and get a feel of the camp.

“It was great to be involved, and straight in with the main man and the skipper – who better to go out and get introduced to than Tom?”

Tue Aug 20, 2024 10:07 pm

The Slough-born defender believes Kenilworth Road is the ideal place to progress his career after three years in the Championship at Cardiff.

“Cardiff was a great platform for me to go and develop, and get to that next stage and that next level – and for me, Luton Town was the perfect next stage.

“I think it’s the whole culture, it’s the whole of Luton Town. It really suits me as a player and as a person. I’m excited to be here already.

“It’s one day in, but I can sense the vibe and the positivity. From all the way from the top to the bottom, from the players and coaching staff, to catering and everyone – everyone seem to be on the same wavelength and everyone wants to be successful together.”

Tue Aug 20, 2024 10:47 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:The Slough-born defender believes Kenilworth Road is the ideal place to progress his career after three years in the Championship at Cardiff.

“Cardiff was a great platform for me to go and develop, and get to that next stage and that next level – and for me, Luton Town was the perfect next stage.

“I think it’s the whole culture, it’s the whole of Luton Town. It really suits me as a player and as a person. I’m excited to be here already.

“It’s one day in, but I can sense the vibe and the positivity. From all the way from the top to the bottom, from the players and coaching staff, to catering and everyone – everyone seem to be on the same wavelength and everyone wants to be successful together.”

Those last 2 paragraphs hit home don't they, the togetherness, everyone on the same wavelength throughout the club. That's what we all want at city but it doesn't feel like we've got it.

Wed Aug 21, 2024 8:49 am

The Sell on Clause the usual two Suspects refused to accept:

https://dailycannon.com/2021/06/trae-co ... transfers/