Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: RIP SOL BAMBA

Sun Sep 01, 2024 8:27 am

My son come in to my bedroom last night to tell me,we both genuinely gutted.Life is not fair sometimes
RIP Sol

Sun Sep 01, 2024 8:29 am

Awfully depressing news ,hopefully that big smile stays with us forever.

Bet Neil Warnock is devastated.

Always dreamt he'd come back and manager us.

Sun Sep 01, 2024 8:33 am

A leader, motivator and a gentleman. He was inspirational and his contribution to our club will never be forgotten. RIP Sol.

Sun Sep 01, 2024 8:59 am

Awful news RIP

Sun Sep 01, 2024 9:03 am

R.I.P Sol, absolutely devastating news!!! Puts things into perspective, far to young!!!

Sun Sep 01, 2024 9:07 am

After yesterday's nightmare on the pitch, even worse news to hear of the death of Sol.
He was one of the last real characters to play for Cardiff; always gave 100% and often put a smile on my face.
You will be missed!

Sun Sep 01, 2024 9:20 am

RIP sol
saddest news this year and the clip of him saluting us fans will stay in my memory forever.

Sun Sep 01, 2024 9:24 am

Terrible news.
So very sad.
RIP big man.

Sun Sep 01, 2024 9:44 am

montyblue wrote:RIP sol
saddest news this year and the clip of him saluting us fans will stay in my memory forever.

I was there that day in Southampton. Great leader and player and will be missed. Thoughts go out to his family at this sad time. RIP Sol.
Ps. Puts my thought on yesterdays game into perspective

Sun Sep 01, 2024 9:47 am

Such awful news. Gone way too soon. R.I.P. dear Sol. What a true warrior for our club you were.

Sun Sep 01, 2024 11:02 am

Thoughts with his family
One of life's genuine nice guys on and off the pitch
Always had time to chat to fans

Sun Sep 01, 2024 11:43 am

Never forget Southampton away in the prem.Sol was buzzing that day and ended up hurdling the advertising boards and jumping in with the city fans.What a workhorse,puts these modern day fannies in their place.R.I.P. SOL you gave your all.

Re: “ RIP SOL BAMBA “

Sun Sep 01, 2024 1:56 pm

Awful news. Rest In Peace Sol.

Sun Sep 01, 2024 2:06 pm

A great fighter & always smiling. RIP Sol

Sun Sep 01, 2024 2:27 pm

In my opinion best CB we've ever had. If ever a greatest ever city side was announced, Bamba and Whittingham would be first names on it. RIP SOL.

Sun Sep 01, 2024 3:21 pm

So sad to hear this news when I thought he was over his illness. Condolences to his family and friends.

Sun Sep 01, 2024 3:59 pm

RIP Sol , city Legend gave us awesome memories, will never be forgotten :bluebird:

Sun Sep 01, 2024 4:12 pm

I will never forget the day he and Sean Morrison were trying to defend an attack and one of them scored an own goal. The attempted defence left Sean and Sol spreadeagled on the turf and Bamba just laughed with Morrison joining him. I think we were well in front at the time. But that incident revealed his lovely nature. Lots of people will miss him.

Sun Sep 01, 2024 4:18 pm

RIP Sol what a man what player never be forgotten

Sun Sep 01, 2024 4:59 pm

Borders Blue wrote:I will never forget the day he and Sean Morrison were trying to defend an attack and one of them scored an own goal. The attempted defence left Sean and Sol spreadeagled on the turf and Bamba just laughed with Morrison joining him. I think we were well in front at the time. But that incident revealed his lovely nature. Lots of people will miss him.

Remember that, it was up at Leeds. Think we were 3-0 up at the time.

Sun Sep 01, 2024 10:55 pm

Sad News - A Great guy who will be missed ... RIP Sol .

Tue Sep 10, 2024 6:57 pm

RIP SOL BAMBA :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.